Chapter 12

Demons Within

 

Biology, it wasn’t fun when I was learning it before with my private teacher and it sure as hell wasn’t fun now. It turns out that I didn’t have mrs. Choi in math only but also in biology.  All we did during the lesson was listen to her talk about the carbon cycle. Someone actually fell asleep listening to her, unfortunately for him she noticed it and gave him detention. But fortunately for us the lesson finally came to an end and now we have self study in which we are allowed too work any where we want. There are probably a lot of people who slack off during this period and since I hadn’t gotten any homework yet I wanted to slack off too, but Eunji needed to go to the library because she had a paper she had too turn in for her music class so I decided to tag along.

 

The library was actually quite big and seemed to have a vast collection of books. While Eunji is studying I decide to take a stroll to see if I can find a good book to read. I just went to random sections like sci-fi, to literature, to romance and now I was in the history section. I was glancing over the spines looking for an interesting title when one caught my eye and I took it of the shelf to inspect it. The cover was made out of brown leather and it didn’t have a title on it so I turned to the first page were it said ‘The Demon War’ in a neat handwriting. This doesn’t look like a history book, it looks more like a journal. I could tell it definitely had some years to it as the pages had turned a more brownish color compared to the newer books.

 

I went up to the librarian who sat at a desk where you were able too check out a book if you wanted to borrow it. She was old and had grey hair but looked very sweet.

”What can I do for you dear?” she smiled as she noticed me standing in front of the desk.

”Is this really a history book, because it was in that section but it looks more like a journal” I showed her the book I was holding in my hands.

”Yes it is a history book but also a journal. You see it was written by a brave man who fought in the demon war” I looked at her whit a puzzled look.

”The demon war? I’ve never heard of it”

”Don’t worry dear, it is something that you will learn about in the history lessons, there aren’t a lot of people from the younger generation who knows about this war and that’s why we have to teach it to you because it plays a big role in how we are what we are today” she smiled at me. I didn’t even know demons had ever existed.

 

”So demons existed before?” finding the subject fascinating, I wanted to learn more about it.

”Yes and some, very few still does today”

”what, really? are they dangerous? why haven’t I seen one?” I started bombing her with questions, and she chuckled before replying.

”The only ones that exist today are the most powerful ones, which they weren’t able to kill, but they have been sealed away in different places, but it’s been said that some demons who are underlings to the most powerful demons are still alive and live among us, trying to bring their masters back”

”But what will happen if they are sett free? and where are they sealed away?”

”Who knows” she said and shrugged her shoulders ”Maybe you’ll find out more if you read the book and the teachers usually teach about demons around this time of the year so you shouldn’t have to wait for much longer to find out more about it” she said with a gentle smile which I returned.

”Then I would like to check this book out please” I said and with a grin.

 

When I had said good bye to the nice librarian, I returned to the desk where Eunji was sitting, gripping her pencil with her eyebrow furrowed as she stared down at her paper.

”How’s it going” she looked up at me and pouted

”I don’t know what more to write”

”How much have you written?”

”Only 5 pages and the teacher want’s us to make it 3-6 pages long” she said and frowned.

”Okay... so whats the problem?” I looked at her slightly confused.

”I want it to be 6 pages long” I rolled my eyes. She is the exact opposite of me, I would only have written 3 pages.

”Add more details if you want it to be longer”

”I think I’ll just finish this later. I’m a bit hungry so should we head for lunch?” she started collecting her books and papers.

”Yeah sure!” I responded as we started making our way out of the library.

 

Lunch was pretty uninteresting. Eunji and I sat alone taking about random things as we ate, and I kept wondering about what I would be doing during the power control lesson. I hope to god that I wasn’t just going to watch them all the time because that would get boring pretty quickly. When we were finished with our food we decided to go to the practice room that we were going to have our lesson in. I was the room opposite of were I had seen Kai and Sehun practice the day before yesterday and where we had our combat training, the room was just as spacious and looked almost identical.

 

Since we have another 30 minutes before the lesson actually starts I might as well go to the bathroom.

”I’m just gonna go to the bathroom, I’ll be right back” I said to Eunji and flashed her a smile.

”Sure take your time” she responded with an equally bright smile. I had some trouble finding the bathroom, it probably took me about 10 minutes. I hope it doesn’t take as long to get back.

 

When I exited the cubical in the ladies room I was met by an unpleasant surprise, the queenkas. Well this can’t be good.

”Hello Shia, lovely meeting you here” the leader of the trio, Jisung, said giving me her most fake smile.

”Wish I could say the same” I responded rudely.

”How brave of you to be this rude when you know you’re weaker than us” Hana said sounding a bit amused.

”Yes you should be taught a lesson for thinking you are better than us” Haejin continued grabbing my wrist, her hand transforming into that of an animal’s with sharp claws ripping trough my skin. I tried to pull away from her but her grip only tightened making me flinch because of the pain.

 

”Acting like you’re all that and even thinking that you can hang out with Exo when you are just a sad, weak little person” Jisung glared at me. Damn these girls are seriously crazy.

”So that’s what this is all about, you’re mad that I get to hang out with Exo and you don’t?”

Jisung raised her hand and slapped me. I hope that’s not gonna leave a bruise. I grabbed ahold of her hand with my free arm which only brought a smile to her lips. I then felt someone kick me hard in my abdomen which made me fall to the ground making Haejin release her grip on my wrist. I looked up to see who the kicker was but only saw Jisung and Haejin smiling in the same position as before, Hana was nowhere to be seen. 

 

I tried to get up, only to be pushed to the ground again. That’s when I remembered that Eunji had told me about these girls powers, Hana could become invisible and she was a decent fighter, Haejin was able transform herself into animals, but I can’t remember Jisung’s power. At that moment a loud beeping noise disturbed my thoughts. I put my hands up to my ears in an attempt to muffle the sound but it didn’t help. I glanced up at the trio who were just smiling at my suffering, it looked like they weren’t able to hear the horrendous noise. Then it hit me, that was Jisung’s power, to control sound. That was my last thought before I passed out from the noise. 

 

 

Author’s Note

 

Hi guys! I know I haven’t updated for a couple of months but a lot happened and I don’t want to bore you with the details. I also had a major writers block but everything is fine now so I’m going to start updating again ^^

 

And I just want to say thanks to those who stayed subscribed to this story, it makes me really happy. And to any new subscribers I hope you like the story and feel free to leave a comment if you find something I need to improve, because that’s what I wanna do, improve ◕ ◡ ◕

xoxo