Chapter 6

Demons Within

 

When the physical training was over, it was time for lunch, Eunji and I headed to the school cafeteria to grab something to eat.

”What do we have after lunch?” I asked looking at Eunji as she walked next to me.

”History, it’s kind of boring, they never talk about anything interesting” she responded

”Okay, what’s the best class here then?”

 

”In my opinion, it’s the basic power training, the self defense class and the combat class we just had” She said smiling ” How did you like the combat class”

”It was fun, Taecyeon seems cool and I got to kick that annoying bastards ” I said giving an evil smile as I said the last part.

”You do realize you just pissed him off even more right?”

”So what? he’s really annoying and he can’t kick me out of the school so what’s he gonna do?” I asked

”It’s not just him, you probably got some of his crazy fangirls after you” she said.

 

We arrived at the cafeteria and stood in line to get our food. After we got it we went to find a vacant table, which we did in the corner of the cafeteria. After a while of eating and some small talk, I got the feeling that some one was watching me. Turning around I saw Sehun glaring at me. It was almost like I could see the wheels in his head spinning as he was thinking of a way to get revenge. But I just gave him a smile and a small wave, just to piss him of even more. I didn’t get to see his reaction because my vision was blocked as three girls stood before me.

 

I looked at them, already having an idea about who they were, the three queenkas. They had way to much makeup, their skirts was to short, one to many of their buttons on their shirts was ed showing of their cleavage and they really just looked like annoying brats. But what do I know, maybe they’re nice. I just gave them a polite smile and asked

 

”Can I help you?”

”So you’re the that beat our Sehun oppa?” the girl in the middle spoke first. I noticed that the entire cafeteria had gone silent and everyone had their attention on us.

”If I’m a , no. If I’m the one who beat him, yes. But I don’t see how that’s any of your concern” wow they really are annoying brats I thought to myself.

”YAH! Do you know who we are?” the one to the left asked like it was the most obvious question of them all.

 

”I’m not sure, dumb, dumber and dumbest?” I asked looking innocent. They were really annoying so I thought, hey why not mess with them a little.

”This ” the one in the middle said and was going to slap me, but I grabbed her hand when it was just a few inches from my face. I twisted her wrist a bit just to make it hurt a little before I pushed her back with a light shove.

 

”Try that again and next time I’ll break your wrist” I said threatening. She rubbed her wrist lightly and glared at me.

”You’re gonna regret...” she was cut of by another student

”The principal’s coming”

”You’re lucky this time but don’t think this is over” she said and walked away with her friends trailing behind her. I threw a quick glans at the exo table seeing them looking kind of impressed that I just did that to the queenka, even Sehun.

 

A man who I assumed to be the principal walked in to the cafeteria. He had a gray suit matching his gray hair. He scanned trough the cafeteria and stopped when his gaze landed on me. He started walking over to me.

”Is that the principal?” I whispered to Eunji. She just responded by giving me a quick nod.

 

”Kim Shia, it’s nice to finally meet you” he said making me turn around to look at him. I stood up and smiled politely

”It’s nice to meet you too Principal Oh”

”Such a well mannered kid. Let’s have a little chat in my office, shall we?” he said showing me a warm smile. He seemed like a really nice person, total opposite of his grandson. I just nodded and followed after him.

 

It only took a minute to reach his office.

”Please have a seat” he said gesturing me to sit in the chair in front of his desk while he took a seat in the leather chair on the other side. And of course I did as instructed.

 

”So how do you like the school so far miss Kim?” he asked still smiling warmly

”I like it, everyone has been so nice to me” I was lying about the last part, but I didn’t see any reason to bother him with such small problems that I can deal with myself.

 

”Me and the other teachers spoke about what we should do about your powers, and we have decided that it will be easier on you if we let everyone know that you aren’t allowed to use you powers” he explained and I just nodded, showing him that I understand.

 

”I heard that you beat Sehun in the combat class” I was a little taken back

”Yes” I was a bit afraid that I was gonna get scolded or something, but instead he just laughed

”I must apologize for him, he can be a bit rude, but when you get to know him he’s a good kid” he said smiling but then the smile faded as he continued ”The reason he is that way is because he lost his parents, my son and his wife, when he was younger.” I guess we’re in the same boat then, I thought to myself.

”I  guess I can relate to that” I said showing a sad smile. Principal Oh quickly changed the topic since we were both getting gloomy.

 

”You should get back to your friend now”

”Yes, class starts soon”

”Don’t be afraid to come and talk to me if there’s anything wrong or if you just feel like chatting”

”Yes, thank you! I’ll keep that in mind” I got up from the chair and said goodbye before heading out the door.

 

I headed for my locker and was hopping that I would find Eunji on my way to class. I was fortunate to find her leaning agains my locker.

”Hi!” she beamed happily ”So what did he wan’t”

”nothing much really, just wanted to check up on how I was doing” I said with a shrug.

 

”Okay, now about what happened in the cafeteria” she said making me remember what had happened, it actually slipped my mind as I was talking to the principal ”I swear you just became the number one on their hit list”

”Really? should I be worried” they didn’t look all that scary to me ”I’m pretty sure that I can take them in a fistfight”

 

”Yes but they can use their powers and you cant, so you will most definitely lose” Eunji stated as a matter of fact

”Yes I guess you’re right, I’ll just have to avoid them” I said not taking the matter very seriously, as long as it’s me they hurt and not someone else ”But just out of curiosity, what kind of powers do they have?”

”The one in the middle is Jisung she can control sound, she’s like the leader of the three. To the left was Hana and her power is invisibility, and the one on the right was Haejin and she controls animals”

”Okay got it, now lets head to class before we’re late” I sad with a smile and started walking to our next class.