Chapter 1

Demons Within

 

I could see a large metal gate with the schools name written on top of it, Starlight academy, come into sight as the car moved closer. I was sitting in the backseat with my earplugs blasting music trough my ears, it helped calm my nerves, but as soon as the gates opened up for us a wave of nervousness came over me.

 

”It’s gonna be alright honey, you’re gonna make lots of new friends so don’t be to nervous okay!” Hwayoung said looking back at me with a smile.

”Yeah I know” I said and flashed her a bright smile saying I was alright.

 

”But remember if guys get to close to you then kick him in the nuts” Jungdae said with his eyes still on the rode, making Hwayoung laugh.

”Yes I promise” I said joining her in laughter.    

 

Jungdae and Hwayoung were a nice couple, they were friends with my parents and they said that they took care of me after my parents passed away in an accident during the same time that I lost my memory, which I found suspicious but didn’t wanna pressure them for the truth. But I just had to believe it since I didn’t have any memory of anything that happened from the day I was born until three years ago when I woke up in their house. They said that I fell and hit my head, but I thought it was weird because I didn’t have a scratch on my body and my head didn’t hurt, but I still choose to believe them, because I had no one else to tell me differently. 

 

Right now they were going to drop me of at a school where you learn to control your powers. They said that they knew the principal and that he was a very nice old man. It was already halfway trough the first semester so I was afraid of not making a single friend, but I tried not to think about it to much.

 

We stopped right in front of what I assumed to be the main building. The school looked very neat and clean and not to mention huge. I noticed when we drove from the gate up to the school, that the road split into three with buildings at the end of each roads. And the whole school was surrounded with a large wall, you’d think it would make you feel like a prisoner, but it didn’t, it made me fell a bit safe.

 

”Are you sure you don’t want us to come with you?” Hwayoung asked as we stood by the car while Jungdae was getting my luggage out of the trunk.

”I’m fine, really, I just need to go to the reception and get my schedule and room key” I smiled at her.

 

Jungdae handed me my luggage and gave me a hug.

”We’re gonna miss you Shia” he said and then Hwayoung gave me a hug.

”Be careful and and don’t use all of your powers” she reminded me.

”I won’t, see you guys soon, bye”

”Bye sweetie!” they said and waved at me. I waved back then started walking into the school. 

 

I came straight into a wide hallway and to my right I could see a large sign over a door saying ”reception”. The door was open so I walked right in and was met buy a young lady sitting behind a desk. She had her brown hair tied up in a very sophisticated ponytail. She looked up and greeted me with a warm smile.

 

”Hi there! You must be the new student” she said while she got up and walked to me.

”That obvious?” I asked smiling back at her, she seemed like a really nice person.

”The suitcase gave you away” she said with a small laugh.

 

”I’m the receptionist Choi Haesung but please call me Haesung. And you’re Shia I assume”

”Yes, it’s nice to meet you. I was told to come here when I arrived” 

”Yes, I have your things right here, and I’ll show you to your room” she said as she turned around to get my things that was sitting on her desk. ”I’ll carry this to your room since you have your hands full”

”Yes, thank you” I said and flashed her a grateful smile.

 

We walked out of the school the same way that I came in. When we walked Haesung started to inform me about the school.

”This school is divided in to three sections, you might have noticed that the road split in to three when you came here.” she began

”Yes I did”

 

”The road to the left takes you to the dorm. It’s one huge building with 8 floors, which floor you’re on depends on what gender you are and what power level you’re at. Your floor is the 7th for girls who belong to the strong category” she continued ”The road in the middle takes you to the school and the sports field. And the road on the right takes you to the teachers dorm. You will eat lunch at the school building but breakfast and dinner is eaten in the cafeteria in your dorm, it’s located on the first floor and if you are hungry at other times then there are small kitchens on each floor” by the time she had finished explaining we had reached the dorm.

 

The inside of the lobby looked like it was a hotel, there where a few student sitting around in the couches talking with their friends. we headed for the elevator and Haesung pressed the button for the 7th floor.

 

”You must be really nervous” she said looking at me with an understanding look.

”Just a little”

”Don’t worry! Every one here is nice and I know that your roommate is a very kind girl” the elevator made a ding and the doors opened. We went out and walked a bit down the hallway until Haesung stopped in front of a door.

 

”547, this is your room” she unlocked the door and opened it, reveling a girl sitting on her bed listening to music and reading a magazine, but she looked up when she heard the door being opened.

 

”Oh the new girl! hello!” she said with a very happy voice. She was very pretty, she had long brown hair and dark brown eyes. She took the earplugs out of her ears and got of the bed and walked to us.

 

”Hi” I replied with a small smile.

”Shia this is Eunji, Eunji this is Shia your new roommate” Haesung introduced us ”Shia here’s your schedule, your uniform, your locker combination and your room key, you have time to unpack since it’s Sunday today. I have to go now but welcome to Starlight academy” she said flashing me a bright smile and i thanked her before she left.

 

After she closed the door i turned to look at Eunji, she looked at me and smiled warmly

”Let’s get you settled in”