It Hurts

The Sweetest Revenge

 

            “So.”

            Taeyeon looked up at the sound of her best friend’s voice. She forced a smile, “Hey Fany.”

            Tiffany sat down next to Taeyeon, “Are you ready to talk about it yet?”

            Taeyeon stiffened. But she feigned dumb, “Talk about what?” She fixed her gaze on the book she was reading, studiously avoiding Tiffany’s gaze.

            “Kim Taeyeon!” Tiffany grabbed Taeyeon’s shoulders forcing her to look up, “You know what I’m talking about. Wooyoung-sshi.”

            “What about him?”

            Tiffany sighed, releasing Taeyeon, “I didn’t press you about this before because I knew you needed some time, but I know something bad must have happened between the two of you. So what is it?”

            Taeyeon hesitated. Her eyes were slightly red-rimmed as she opened to speak. But before she could, she was interrupted by someone else.

            “Hey-Tiffany!”

            Taeyeon looked up, startled, and immediately averted her gaze. Tiffany turned around, and her eyes widened.

            Wooyoung waved at Tiffany, a wide grin on his face. He strode forward and slung a hand casually over Tiffany’s shoulder, “Didn’t think I’d see you here!” He gave Taeyeon a cursory glance, and coolly said, “Hi,” before ignoring her again.

            Tiffany gave a shy smile as she replied, “Yeah, Seohyun insisted on coming to the library to study so we just decided to accompany her…”

            Taeyeon stood up abruptly and turned away, sounding dangerously close to tears as she said, “I’m going to find my book.”

            “Yah, Taengoo!” Tiffany called. She held out a hand and was about to chase after her, but Wooyoung’s grip pulled her back. Wooyoung gave her another trademark grin, “C’mon, I wanted to talk to you.”

            His words, and that grin, put all thoughts of Taeyeon out of Tiffany’s mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            “Hi. What a coincidence.” Taecyeon feigned surprise as he pulled up a chair beside Yoona and sat down beside her. Yoona looked up briefly, and just gave a nod of acknowledgement before returning to her notes.

            “What’s this?” Taecyeon asked, peering curiously over her shoulder. Yoona distractedly replied, “I’m preparing for my English exam. Seohyun’s been doing so well for all her exams, I couldn’t very well fail, could I?” She muttered to herself in english, sounding uncertain of the words. Then she stopped and groaned, “What does THIS word mean now…” She reached for the dictionary, but Taecyeon just calmly told her, “Distinguish. It means to recognise. Like, distinguishing differences between two things means recognizing the differences between two things.”

            Yoona turned to look at him fully for the first time. She gave a slight smile, “I almost forgot…you speak English, don’t you?”

            Taecyeon nodded, not wanting to boast too much for fear of sounding arrogant.

            “Um…can you be my tutor?” Yoona suddenly asked.

            “What?” Taecyeon blinked at the sudden request. He smiled back hesitantly in return, “Of course, I’ll be very happy to do so…but why don’t you ask Jessica or Tiffany for help? They speak English too, right?”

            Yoona’s face turned gloomy, “The unnies are too busy shopping to bother with my homework…”

            Taecyeon laughed, revealing rows of white teeth(scary!). He patted Yoona on the head and said, “No problem, then. I’ll help you with your English.”

            And for them, that was a beginning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            “Jessica, will you please just listen to me for a moment?” Jay demanded, finally losing his patience. He grabbed Jessica by the wrist and twisted her around to face him.

            Jessica’s glare was nearly as venomous as Medusa’s. She snapped, “No. There’s nothing to hear anyway.” She tried to pull away, but Jay wouldn’t let her go. He pulled her forward and said with as much sincerity as he could muster, “Look, just give me a second chance, okay? I made a…a mistake the previous time. And I won’t do it again. So…just…please.”

            Jessica looked disgusted as she raised a hand to hit him. Then she stopped suddenly, her expression turning calculating. Jay waited.

            At last, her face turned smug, and she asked in a surprisingly level voice, “You want a second chance?”

            Jay nodded mutely.

            “If you do everything I ask you to, I’ll consider.” Jessica finished.

            Jay hesitated. Then, putting on his brave face, he agreed to her request.

            “Just wait, oppa.” Jessica nearly sang as she left to find her groupmates.

            Jay shuddered. Somehow, her use of ‘oppa’ gave him an awfully bad feeling… He wondered just what he had signed himself up for.

            As he was thinking, Junho appeared from behind a bookshelf, shaking his head in a slightly disappointed manner. He sighed, “Looks like our King of Flirts has finally fallen for Jessica Jung’s charms. How disappointing…”

            Jay glared at him. But, surprisingly, he didn’t argue. Instead, he just strode away, leaving Junho staring after him in surprise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            Taeyeon could hardly keep the tears in. She breathed in deeply, trying to calm herself. It hurt. No matter how Wooyoung felt about her now, she still cared for him as much as before. Seeing him treat her like that…seeing the way he acted with Tiffany…it hurt.

            “Taengoo-ah. What’s wrong?” Sooyoung stared in shock at her leader. Taeyeon automatically turned away, sniffing and answering, “Nothing, I’m fine.”

            Sooyoung, obviously, was not fooled. She hurried up to Taeyeon’s side and put a comforting hand on her shoulder. Confidently, she said, “Alright. Since Taengoo’s in a bad mood, let’s go have some food! I guarantee you, food will make you feel better. And anyway I’m hungry too. So let’s call the other girls and go~”

            Taeyeon gave a faint smile. Trust Sooyoung to think of food as the solution to everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            “Hey, Seohyun, Sunny! We’re leaving for lunch. Coming?” Sooyoung called to the two girls, the former who was studying and the latter who was texting. Seohyun gave a cheerful, “Coming!” as she picked up her books and pulled Sunny along with her. Sooyoung told them to wait at the entrance with Jessica while she and Taeyeon went to call the other members, and they went obediently.

            “Yoona, we’re leaving. Stop flirting already.” Sooyoung said impatiently when she saw Yoona and Taecyeon together. Taecyeon blushed to the roots of his hair, while Yoona just patiently explained, “We’re not flirting, he’s teaching me English.”

            Sooyoung waved a hand, “Whatever. I’m hungry, so hurry up.”

            “We only just ate about two hours ago.” Yoona reminded Sooyoung as she packed her bags, but Sooyoung just ignored that comment. She told Yoona, “Go to the entrance and wait there with the others. We’re going to get Fany, Yuri and Hyoyeon.” Yoona just shrugged, and left without another word, waving goodbye at Taecyeon, who suddenly looked very lonely.

            Sooyoung rubbed her tummy, groaning, “Oh man I’m starving…” She turned to Taeyeon and directed, “Let’s split up. You go get Fany, and I’ll get the others.” She was gone before Taeyeon could protest.

            With a sigh, Taeyeon walked back to the place where she had left Tiffany.

            She froze.

            Wooyoung and Tiffany were locked in a tight embrace, kissing passionately. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I'm back *strikes a pose*. Anyway, here's the new chapter! Wooyoung is still acting like a jerk, and Taeyeon is still suffering because of him. And now Fany gets dragged into the equation! O.o

In any case, please subscribe and review! Thanks!