Confusion

The Sweetest Revenge

 

            “You know, for a guy who supposedly wants revenge, you’re surprisingly concerned about Taeyeon.” Jay said carefully, watching Wooyoung out of the corners of his eyes.

            Wooyoung’s fist clenched and his voice was strained as he replied, “What’re you insinuating?”

            Jay turned around abruptly, shaking his head, “Have you considered that the only reason why you’re doing this is because you just want her attention? That what you feel for her is still love, not hate, and you’re this is all because you want her to notice you again?”

            Wooyoung practically leapt to his feet, denying Jay’s words vehemently, “Don’t be stupid, Jay. I know what I want, and it sure as hell isn’t her goddamn attention.” With that, he swept out of the room, leaving Jay sighing deeply behind him.

            Nichkun and Taecyeon barely had enough time to dash back to their room before Wooyoung stormed out. They peeked out of their room, just in time to see Wooyoung stomp out of the front door, slamming it shut. The duo looked at each other, and Nickhun finally said, “You’re right. We need to tell the SNSD girls.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            Wooyoung buried his head in his hands. He was confused, so confused.

            He could hardly remember the events of yesterday night. All he knew was that Taeyeon, that fool, had gone missing, and he had been looking for her. He didn’t remember anything of the search, only just how he had felt when he finally found her, cornered by those filthy men. He should have just waited, let the men do what they wanted. It would have been a good revenge. But something had just come over him, and the next thing he knew, he was bashing those guys up, and saving her.

            He didn’t understand. He hated her, didn’t he? He wanted her to suffer, didn’t he?

            Didn’t he?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            “Khun oppa! What’s wrong?” Yuri sounded surprised as she opened the door for Nickhun and Taecyeon.

            “Uh…nothing. We just wanted to talk to Taeyeon-sshi about…something.” Nickhun replied evasively.

            “Well, she’s in her room, so just go right in, I guess.” Yuri answered, pointing the way and looking at Nickhun curiously. Nickhun just nodded and mouthed, “Later.”

           Taecyeon looked around for Yoona, then shook his head, berating himself for being so distracted. They hurried into Taeyeon’s room, where Taeyeon, Tiffany and Jessica were busy chatting.

            “Hi. Can we talk to you privately?” Taecyeon asked the moment he entered the room.

            Taeyeon looked at her groupmates, then stated, “Whatever you have to say can be said in front of them.”

           Nickhun and Taecyeon hesitated, looking at each other. Then Nickhun began, speaking carefully, “We know about you and Wooyoung.”

            Tiffany started at the mention of Wooyoung’s name.

            “And we know that he wants revenge…on you.”

            “I know.” Taeyeon stated calmly.

`           “Then you should also know that he’s just using Tiffany…and Jessica.”

            Jessica started. Looking over at them, she demanded, “What has this got to do with me?”

            Nickhun and Taecyeon hesitated again. Then, just as Taecyeon opened his mouth to speak, a voice sounded from beside the door, “I think you’ve said quite enough already.”

            The duo spun around, alarmed. Jay stood at the doorway, leaning against the doorframe. His eyes were unnaturally cold and piercing as he stared the two younger men down, “Been listening in on our conversations, haven’t you?”

            They didn’t know what to say.

            Jay just gave a bitter scowl. Then he turned to the girls and said, “I came to apologise.”

            “For what?” Jessica asked, suddenly feeling scared.

           “For doing what Wooyoung told me. For helping him exact his revenge. He may be my best friend, but what we were, or are doing, is still wrong.” Jay’s tone was calm but sorry.

            “So what did he ask you to do?” Taeyeon asked. She too sounded remarkably calm.

            Jay looked at her, then at Jessica, “The same thing he’s been doing with Tiffany. Seduce and dump. So that you would know your best friends are being hurt because of what you did to him back then.” His eyes met Jessica’s and he lowered his head, “I’m sorry.”

            Jessica stared at him in disbelief for a moment. But she saw the undeniable truth in his eyes. Stifling a sob, she fled from the room. Tiffany was frozen in shock.

            “Why come tell us all this now?” Taeyeon demanded, the only one of the girls who still seemed capable of speech.

            Jay’s smile was sad, “Because I’ve found out that sometimes, even though you start out not liking someone, pretending to like her can make you really fall in love.”

            There was silence. Then Taecyeon reached out to Jay, grasping his shoulder, “Go after her. Explain everything. And tell her how you really feel.”

            Jay looked at Taeyeon, as if for permission. Taeyeon gave a single nod. Then Jay was off, running after his love and life.

            Nickhun was looking, almost sorrowfully, at the two girls sitting on the bed. Two best friends, almost torn apart by the lies of his friend. Taeyeon had her arms wrapped around Tiffany, who had started to shake uncontrollably.

            Softly, Taecyeon told them, “You have to stop hyung before he goes too far. You can do it, Taeyeon. Even though…even though he acts all hateful and angry towards you, he still loves you. I can tell. And Tiffany…”

            Hearing Taecyeon’s words, Tiffany felt as if her heart had broken. It was true, though. She had known, all along, that Wooyoung still loved Taeyeon. She just didn’t want to believe it. It was all her fault.

            Just as it had been her fault, all those years back.

            Breathing in deeply, Tiffany pushed Taeyeon away and stood up. She looked Taeyeon squarely in the face and said, in a voice as steady as she could muster, “Don’t come after me, Taeyeonnie.”

            “Wait – where’re you going?” Taeyeon demanded, rising from the bed.

            Tiffany turned away and walked out of the room, calling out, “To find him.”

----------------------------------------------

So now Wooyoung starts to get really confused about his own true intentions - has his goal been vengeance? Or did he really want Taeyeon's attention? And what's going to happen to Jessica and Jay now? Will Jessica forgive him, or will this be the end of Jaysica? Stay tuned to find out! 

oh yeah, and i realise that there wasn't much of any other couples other than Wootae and Jaysica(only a teeny weeny bit)...Mianhe, I find it hard to focus on so many pairings at once... Heh. Once again, sorry to anyone who wanted to read about them...