You Have No Idea What I'm Planning

The Sweetest Revenge

 

Taeyeon returned to the room. She sat quietly at the back of the group, watching as Wooyoung delivered a powerful dance. Tiffany shifted to sit next to her, looking worried as she stared at Taeyeon’s reddened eyes. Tiffany asked, “What did he say?”

            Taeyeon just shook her head. She didn’t think she was ready to speak yet. Seohyun, the caring maknae, once again noticed her leader’s troubled look. She too moved to sit next to Taeyeon, and just silently put a hand around her, comforting her that way.

            Taeyeon leaned her head against Seohyun’s, grateful for the encouragement. She watched tiredly as Jay dragged Jessica up with him and made her do a couple dance with him.

            “So…hey.” Taecyeon sounded shy, totally unlike his usual ‘beastly image’. Yoona turned to look at him, surprised. Then she smiled, “Yes?”

            Taecyeon nearly fainted when he saw that smile. He grinned back nervously and waved at Jessica and Jay, who were dancing together, and Junho and Hyoyeon, who had joined them, “Your teammates are pretty good at dancing.”

            Yoona looked at the two couples for a moment before replying, “Jay and Junho seem to be better than Jessica. But of course, no one beats Hyoyeon.”

            Taecyeon laughed, “Don’t let Jay hear you say that. He’ll be pissed cos you’re injuring his pride.”

            Yoona just shrugged. The silence lengthened as Yoona watched the performance, and Taecyeon worked up the courage to speak to her again after her disinterested response. Finally, he asked, “You any good at dancing?”

            Yoona turned around sharply at his question. She seemed slightly amused as she replied, “Not as good as Hyoyeon, certainly, but not that bad either.”

            “Then come on.” Taecyeon immediately grabbed her wrist and pulled her up to where Junho and Hyoyeon were dancing. Yoona, surprised, scarcely resisted. The remaining guys from 2PM started to cheer as the duo started to dance.

            Jay stopped abruptly and called to his teammates, “Hey, c’mon, what’re you waiting for?”

            The 2PM guys exchanged glances. Junho and Taecyeon beckoned to their teammates, while the girls also called for the SNSD members to join them.

            Nickhun got to his feet, stretching. He glanced at his dancing teammates, who cheered. Then he turned to Yuri and pulled her to her feet, giving her one of his devastatingly cute winks. Yuri didn’t offer any resistance at all (probably too dazed by the wink to respond).

            Chansung watched as Nickhun pulled Yuri up. Unable to stand his own feelings anymore, he reached over to Sooyoung and caught her hand, saying, “Can’t lose to them now, can we?” Sooyoung was surprised at first, then responded with a grin, “Of course not!” and began to dance enthusiastically.

            Only Junsu and Wooyoung were left. Wooyoung sat slouched against the sofa, showing no inclination to get up.

            Junsu glanced shyly at Tiffany, who seemed distracted. He was so taken with her, he didn’t even notice that Tiffany was actually staring at someone else. Just as he rose to his feet, a hand grabbed Tiffany’s and pulled her up.

            Tiffany started as Wooyoung finally bounced to his feet. He moved purposefully towards them, and Tiffany felt sure he would grab Taeyeon’s hand, and apologise for hurting her. That was what he had always done in the past, anyway.

            Then Wooyoung grabbed her hand and pulled her up with a grin. He let go of Tiffany’s hand and held out his own, “Care for a dance?”

            Shyly, Tiffany took Wooyoung’s hand, and he led her towards his other bandmates who stood hooting.

            As Wooyoung moved, he turned and raised an eye at Taeyeon before glancing at Junsu. Taeyeon felt her face crumple as she realised what he meant. As she remembered her words seven years ago.

I actually...I actually have a crush on Junsu oppa.

            Junsu froze for a moment as he watched Wooyoung start dancing with Tiffany. Then, forcing a smile, he moved over to where Taeyeon and Seohyun were sitting and offered a hand to Seohyun.

            Seohyun just gave a smile, “Sorry, but I don’t feel like dancing.” Her hands tightened around Taeyeon. As if she was going to abandon her unnie for a dance.

            Junsu just shrugged and returned to where he had been sitting.

            As he danced, Wooyoung watched this exchange, satisfaction spreading through him.