Part 9

a Lonely Christmas

“Hyung can’t be with others. Hyung is exclusively mine”, Sehun said explicitly without changing his tone. Slowly turning his head to looked at Luhan.

“Ya, Sehunnie what are you joking about? As a member of the same group. We have to spend our…”

“It’s because all this time I never see hyung as a member…”, Sehun cut Luhan’s word as he looked straight to Luhan’s confused eyes.

“Sehunnie… what’s going on…?”, Luhan frozen to Sehun’s words. Not sure about what to do, or what to feel. Luhan could felt his heart beat fasten as it about to burst from his chest. The cold sweats were continuously streaming down.

“Hyung… I think… I think… I… “, Sehun said to Luhan still fixed his eyes to Luhan’s eyes. Making Luhan more nervous than before.

“I… BWAHAHAHAHA!!! What’s with you hyung?? Look at your face! Aish, you are so easy to get! Hahaha… “, Sehun laughed as he holding his stomach and pointing at Luhan.

“What is it?”, Luhan asked, puzzled.

“Wow… you should’ve looked at your face hyung, it’s the best! I was  just teasing you, hyung~ Why were you so nervous? Bwahahaha… ah, this hyung is so funny!”

Luhan relieved, he though something that supposed to be not happening going to occurs. He sighed and smiled. Somehow, at some point, he felt a little disappointment inside.

“You got me Sehunnie! Ah, bad boy… how could you do that to hyung? Hm?”

“Hehehe, it’s fun…”

 

Suho and Lay were busy in their room when Sehun came to the room. Their room filled with a bunch of gifts that scattered all over the room. One by one Suho and Lay opened up the gifts that were beautifully packed when they noticed Sehun’s appearance.

“Oh, Sehun-ah, you came?”, Lay asked to Sehun.

Sehun nodded  and asked, “What is it hyung? What are you two doing?”

“These are the gifts from our fans. I’ve put yours above your bed”, Suho answered as he pointing to Sehun’s bed with his chin. Sehun walk over to his bed that now been covered by the gifts. That’s not even a place to sit. Sehun took the gifts randomly and started to open it one by one.

“Wow… as expected, our fans are the best!”, Suho said as he spread out a T-shirt with a superhero drawing on it.

“I’ve done check them all. I’ll treasure all of this. Suho, do you want to go get some meal together?”, Lay asked to Suho.

“Let’s go. I know a good place. Sehun-ah, are you coming with us?”, Suho asked to Sehun who was still busy with his gifts.

“No hyung, I had my meal earlier with Luhannie hyung”, Sehun answered. Suho grabbed his wallet in the counter beside his bed and leaving the room with Lay.

 

“Really, our fans are the best! Looked at all this gift!”, Sehun said to himself as he placing his opened gift above his bed.

“Almost done, now I’m left with this biggest one gift! I wonder what’s inside?”, said Sehun as he started to open up a big red box in his lap. Sehun opened up the cover and looked inside the box. Lamely, he took a closer look to what’s inside. What is it? Pile of photos? As Sehun asked himself, he poured out the contents of the box. In a moment, a bunch of photos were fall down upon his bed cover. Sehun took one of the photos. He puzzled, tilted his head. That was the photos of him. It was all seems natural unless the rough sketch upon Sehun’s face with a red colored marker. It was there, in every Sehun’s photo, in his face. It’s not just a rough sketch, on it also written the word ‘DIE’ in large font size. As Sehun wondering what was just happened, someone entered the room.

“Sehunnie, what are you doing? Hm? What is it?”

Sehun turned his head toward the voice and found Kai standing beside the door. Hurriedly Sehun tried to hide what was he just found. But it’s too late. Kai already walked toward Sehun and took one of the photos. His eyes dilated to what he saw.

“Sehunnie, what is this?! Where did you get this from?!”, Kai asked in shocked.

“It was among fan’s gift that I received”, Sehun answered.

“We should tell the hyungs!”, said Kai as he stood up and about to called the hyungs when Sehun stopped him.

“No, Kai please don’t do that. I believed it was just a sick joke”, Sehun said as he hold Kai’s arm to calm him down and told him to back to sit.

“This is just sick. Sehunnie, should we call the police?”

“Ay, why would we do that? I believed it’ll be gone as time goes by. Don’t worry too much. Also please don’t tell the hyungs about this matter, ok?”

 

One night, Sehun and Kai went out together and take a walk trough Han River. It was a cold December night. The wind blew quite strong. Sehun and Kai walked close together to try to keep them warm. Sehun keep shivering and rubbing his bare hands. Kai looked at what was Sehun doing and smiled.

“You know that tonight is going to be chill. Yet why did you left your gloves and shawl?”

“I never thought it’s going to be this chilling”, Sehun said trembling. Without words, Kai took off one of his gloves and put it on one of Sehun’s hand while his bare hand took Sehun’s bare hand and put their hands together on his cloak pocket.

“Sehunnie, you never changed. At least that was what I thought”, Kai started a conversation. In confusion, Sehun tilted his head, “What did you mean by that, Kai-ah?”

“I’ve known you for a long time, I thought I know everything about you. But, knowing a person for a long time wasn’t a guarantee to fully understand them”, Kai said to Sehun as they continuously walked side by side.

“What is it all about?”, Sehun stopped his stride, making Kai also stopped his. Sehun looked at Kai puzzled. Kai response to Sehun’s glare with another questioned yet sympathetic looked.

“Nothing. Forget it… Ah, M-members are about to going to leave to China right? What should we do this time to send them?”, Kai said tried to change the topics.

“Ah, you are right… It’s kind of same that they have to leave when it’s almost Christmas right? Let’s just come to the airport together”

“That’s a good idea…”

 

Luhan packed up his stuff in the room with Sehun keeping an eye on him. Realized that Sehun’s stared at him, he turned his head to Sehun.

“What is it? Why are you looking at hyung like that?”. Sehun stood up and walked towards Luhan and sat down on the floor.

“It’s so sad that hyung have to leave soon. Also it’s almost Christmas. I really want to spent Christmas together with hyung…”, Sehun said glumly. Responded to what Sehun said, Luhan stopped his activities and sat down on the floor in front of Sehun. Gently he touched Sehun’s chin to made Sehun smiled.

“Don’t be sad. It’s not like hyung’ll leave for good. Hyung’ll comeback soon. Be happy with the hyungs here and hyung also will be happy there. Hyung’ll call you everyday as always. Don’t worry, understand?”

 

The next morning, the members together gather up at the airport. Before M-members depart, Sehun and Luhan went to get some drink for others.

“Hyung, be back soon, okay?”, Sehun said to Luhan as they walked side by side. Luhan nodded and smiled.

“Don’t smile like that”, Sehun said to Luhan who is smiled brightly.

“Eh? Why?”

“It’s because you looked pretty when you smile like that. It’ll attract others attention”

“Isn’t that a good thing?”

“No! You don’t need others attention. You already got my full attention”

“What a crap…”, Luhan responded to Sehun, blushed and giggled.

 

After get their drinks, they made their way back to where the others were waiting. They were in the middle of a conversation when Luhan felt something isn’t quite right. He felt someone tailing them. Once in a while, Luhan looked back to assured his thought. Once he looked to his back, he saw a person wearing all black secretly following them. Luhan wasn’t able to see his face because that person wore a masker and a pair of glasses. Noticing Luhan’s gesture makes Sehun wondered and looked back to the same direction as Luhan.

“What is it hyung? Is something wrong?”, Sehun asked to Luhan as the strange person already disappeared from his sight. Smiled, Luhan just shook his head indicating that everything’s fine.

“I told you to not smile like that. Aish, this hyung really…”, said Sehun.

“Sehunnie, this Christmas, what will you do?”, Luhan asked. Tried to change the topic.

“Me? I’m not sure… the hyungs perhaps will going out to somewhere. I don’t fell like going somewhere. I think I’ll just sit alone in my room and listening to music. Aaa~~looonnee~~Ah, pitty me”, said Sehun tried to get Luhan’s pity. Luhan laughed at Sehun’s act.

“Hahahaha… stop it now. It doesn’t work on hyung”, said Luhan as he continued walking. Sehun sullen upon Luhan’s response and continued to walk following Luhan.

“Hyung, next Christmas, we have to spend it together,ok?”

“Ok, let’s spend it together next time”

“Really?”

“Really”

“Promise?”

“Hyung promise”, Luhan said as he twinned his pinky finger to Sehun’s and made a pinky promise.