Part 5

a Lonely Christmas

It’s been six months since M-members departed to China. Both team doing well on their debut and promotions. Even though they get separated, however there was a strong bond amongst members. They’ll regularly contact each other just to check if they had their lunch or just tell their daily activities. These activities also happen to Sehun who always enthusiastically called Luhan when it comes to bed times. They had a video call every night, made other member started to wonder whether they both were dating. 


“Sehun-ah… Stop it. What you did all day was just texting Luhan hyung. He needs to do his work, leave him alone”, said Suho who is preparing a dinner for the member. 
“Why hyung? Luhan hyung was texting me first. As a good maknae, I need to reply to his text right away right?”, Sehun answered with his cutest voice he ever made. 
“Ya, Sehunnie, look at you know. Look how Luhan hyung has change you a lot. You used to be a silent person. But now, look at you”, Kai said as he approaching Sehun and sit next to him.
“I know right? He is like a fairy with a bright light who come in to my dark life…”, Sehun replied as he gazed blankly to the ceiling.
“Look at that, you started again… Aish, such a drama king!”
“Hehet… Kai-ah… I miss hyung… so much…”, Sehun said as he leaned his head on Kai’s shoulder. 
“That’s ok, we missed him too. We all miss all the M-members. But you still have me by your side right?”
“Right, I always have you Kai-ah… Oh! Luhan hyung is calling!”, Sehun stood up as his phone ringing. 
“Oi… Lu ge! Ni hao ma?” Sehun said as he giggled and dashed toward his room. 

In no time, both of them started talked to each other by video call. 
“Sehunnie, how’s today going? Did the interview went great?”
“Sure, on the interview they asked, among the members, who’s the one I loved the most”
“And what’s your answer?”
“Of course I said Luhan hyung!”, Sehun said as he shooting love arrow toward Luhan. 
“Ay… what’s with that action? Who teach you to do that?”
“The hyungs”
“Were the hyungs being good to you while I’m not around?”
“Yeah, Suho hyung and D.O hyung is the best. D.O hyung’s cooking is absolutely the best. Suho hyung is so nice. He keep treating me well and buy me a lot of stuff. An expensive one”
“Hmm… your life seems to be just good without me? I think I don’t need to get back soon?”
“Ay, hyung what are you talking about? Other hyung keep teasing me! Chanyeol hyung and Baekyun hyung keep forcing me to do an aegyo in every show we had! Ugh, so annoying!”
“Hahahaha…really? But I bet you’re the best at doing aegyo…”
The two keep talking to each other until midnight. Sehun felt asleep with his phone still in his hand and a smile blossomed in his face. 

“Wow… I think this is the best!”, Sehun said as he seriously staring at the computer screen. 
“Sehun-ah, what are you doing?”, Chanyeol asked as he walks approaching Sehun.
“I’m reading a fanfict. Hyung, don’t you know that we are so popular? There are a lot of fanfic about us!”
“Really? What were you reading about?”
“It’s about hunhan couple”
“Hunhan?”
“Yep, Sehun and Luhan… hehet”
“I never knew that this kind of thing was real… Ish, look at your face! Are you that happy? It’s just a fiction anyway. They aren’t real”
“What’s wrong hyung? This story is good, beside, hunhan is a real thing… hehet”, Sehun replied as Chenyeol leaving him alone. Sehun keep browsing the internet when he found an interesting photo. There was a photo which a fan took that showing the closeness between Luhan and Xiumin. Sehun startled, the headline of the photo made him getting angrier “New couple ‘Xiu-Lu’ has born!”. What? This is so silly! So this is what he did when I’m not around?! This hyung really…! As Sehun growing the feeling of anger toward Luhan, Suho’s voice echoing around the dorm.
“Ya! Guys! Get ready! Get the house clean! M-members are arriving tonight! Baekhyun, Chanyeol, go take a bath quickly! We need to appear as good as possible to welcoming them. D.O-ah, get some food ready! Kai, Sehun, you two… Well, you two just stay quiet, don’t make any trouble ok!”, Suho said as he hurriedly dashing toward the front door. 
“Wow! It’s such great news, right Sehunnie? M-members finally getting back! You must be so excited to meet Luhan hyung”, Kai said to Sehun as they sit calmly in the kitchen, watching D. O preparing for the dishes. 
“Indeed. It such a great opportunity they are coming back tonight. I have something important to clarified…” 
At 8 p.m. Suho come back at the dorm together with fellows M-member. The dorm had beautifully decorated and the smell of delicious dishes filling all over the room. Everyone greeted and hugged each other joyfully, except one person. 
Sehun just standing there, crossing his arms upon his chest while staring at Luhan who is happily interacted with fellow K-members. Next to Luhan, Sehun caught the existence of Xiumin, who had been bothered his mind for this past two hours. Determined, Sehun approach Xiumin. 
“Xiumin hyung! Had you been well? Oh! I missed you so much!”, said Sehun loudly as he hugged Xiumin. 
“Oh, Sehun-ah, it’s been a while! Had you been great?”, Xiumin replied. 
“Xiumin hyung, I missed you a lot. What are you doing in China? Where did you sleep? What did you eat? I want to hear your story. Let’s sit together! Outside!”, Sehun said as he clinging his arms on to Xiumin’s. 
“Sehunnie, where are you going? You are not welcoming hyung? You said you missed me?”, Luhan shouted to Sehun as Sehun walking outside with Xiumin. 
Turning his head, Sehun stare to Luhan and plainly said, “Who are you?” and clinging back to Xiumin’s arm. 
“What’s wrong with that kid? Did he had change his interest?”, Luhan said softly as he watched Sehun and Xiumin going outside to the balcony. 

“Xiumin hyung, here, eat this. You must be missed it a lot in China”, Sehun said as he feeding kimchi to Xiumin. 
“Right, hyung missed it a lot”, Xiumin replied as he eats a mouthful of kimchi from Sehun’s hand. 
“Sehun-ah, what’s wrong?”
“What?”
“What’s wrong?”
“What do you mean, hyung?”
“Ay… stop it right away. You won’t fool me. It’s not your habits to talks to hyungs. We all know that you are exclusively belongs to Luhan. Now tell me, what’s wrong?”. Sehun frozen as he heard Xiumin word. Xiumin hyung is too nice. How could I mad at him just because a simple thing?
“No, hyung. It’s nothing. It’s just something childish. It’s just me…hehet”
“Was it about that photo? The photo of me and Luhan that looked so closed with each other?”
“That… well… that’s quite right…”, Sehun replied in the most soft voice he ever made that Xiumin barely heard him. 
Xiumin sighed, “You know, he is a good person. Luhan. He always sincere toward people around him. You know, I slightly was a same person as you Sehun-ah. I hardly made a friend, just like you. I think it’s always been Luhan’s trait to be with the person who had a difficulty in building a new relationship. It’s always his personality to make a first movement toward this kind of people. Kind of you and me who always choose to remaining silent when there are no good things to say. It was just his sympathy. He tried to showing his sympathy toward people like us, to showing that he understands us…”
Motionless after hearing Xiumin’s explanation, Sehun slowly tilted his head inside the room where everyone had a party. He saw it there. Luhan with his broad smile, laughed together with the member. 
Right. It was just a sympathy. He always been  good to everyone. What did I expected? Oh my, fool me! As Sehun thinks, he could felt a warm water slowly streaming down his face. 
“Sehun-ah? What’s wrong? Why are you crying?”, Xiumin asked. 
“I… I’m so happy that hyungs finally come back. I’m so glad…”