Part 10

a Lonely Christmas

It’s been years after EXO’s debut. Throughout 2012, the team been busy doing promotions and concerts. They made their comeback on 2013 with new album and doing the promotions together as a whole team. The new album was a big hit. The things were getting better since the member spent more time together from now on. That was a good thing for Sehun especially, it means he’ll never get separated with Luhan.

It was a hot summer night when Luhan went out together with Sehun to have some bubble tea. With a pair of knee-length jeans and cute couple shirts, they walked together casually on the sidewalk. As they entered the bubble tea shop, as usual, they sat at the back of the shop facing each other. Soon after their orders arrived, they started to enjoy their drink and talked to each other. Their conversations were going intense when suddenly Luhan felt an eye were watching them. Luhan tilted his head a bit and looked at a direction behind Sehun. Sitting alone in the corner was a person wearing all blacks from head to toe. That person was raising Luhan’s curiosity. What was that person doing wearing all blacks in this weather? Why it seems like I’ve seen him before somewhere?

“What is it hyung? Something’s wrong?”, Sehun asked as he observed Luhan’s acts. Shook his head, Luhan just smiled and slurped his drink while kept thinking of something.

“Sehunnie, hyung is not feeling quite good. Let’s get back right after we finished this”, Luhan said to Sehun.

“Is that so? Ok, let’s back right after this”

 

After finishing their drinks, they walked together on the side walk. As they walked, Luhan continuously keep looking back. Luhan could feel that the same person from bubble shop store following them. Suddenly Luhan hailed a taxi and told Sehun to get on.

“Sehunnie, you go back first. Hyung have something to do”, Luhan said as he opened the taxi door.

“What is it? Can’t we go together?”, Sehun asked as he slowly entering the taxi.

“Hyung need to meet an old friend. No need to worry, hyung’ll catch up soon. Take care”, Luhan said as he closed the door and waving his hand to Sehun.

After sending Sehun, Luhan walked back to the bubble tea shop. In the midway, he spotted the same person that been following them before. That person was standing leaned on a wall and been busy with his phone. Slowly, Luhan approached him, as he came closer, that person noticed it and started to run off. Taken aback, Luhan shouted “Hey you! Stop right there!” and run after that person. Luhan was cashing close. Unfortunately, after a blind turning, that person disappeared from Luhan’s sight. Panted, Luhan bend down and holding his knees. There are definitely something wrong with that person.

 

“Oh, Sehunnie, you came?”, Kai asked as Sehun entered the dorm. Sehun nodded and sat in the kitchen. Kai looked around Sehun as if he searched for something.

“You went out alone?”, Kai asked to Sehun who was pouring a water to a glass.

“I was with Luhannie hyung. On our way back, he had something to do and told me to go home alone”, Sehun answered.

“Ah, I see… oh, Sehunnie, I have something to asked…”, Kai started a conversation hesitantly.

“What is it?”

“That-I-me-wonder if it… ah, why is it have to be so hard?”, Kai stuttered as he scratching his back head doe to nervousness.

“Why are you like this? What are you trying to say?”, Sehun asked puzzled as he approaching Kai and sat beside him.

“What I-what I want to ask is… mmm…it’s about Luhan hyung…”

“What is it?”

“I was wondering if you-perhaps you…”, as Kai about to carried on, Luhan came back and entering the kitchen.

“Oh, Luhan hyung~ you came?”, Sehun said to Luhan and told him to joined. Luhan took a sit in front of Sehun and Kai.

“What were you two talking about?”, Luhan asked to both Kai and Sehun as he poured a drink.

“Not much. Ah, Kai said he had something to ask me, it’s about Luhannie hyung. What was it again Kai-ah? What did you want to ask?”, Sehun said boldly making Kai startled.

“What-me-I, uh, I… I forgot what to asked, hehe…”, Kai laughed nervously. Forgetting Kai, Sehun and Luhan already involved in their own conversations, talked about stuffs and laughed together. Kai secretly observed Sehun closely as he thinks, there is definitely something different in Sehunnie’s gaze towards Luhan hyung. What is it? “Ah, I’ve been friend with Sehunnie for a long time, yet why did I have to feel awkward to asked about that?”, Kai said softly to himself.

“What? Did you said something Kai-ah?”, Sehun asked to Kai when he overheard what was just Kai said. Startled, Kai just nervously laughing and stuttered answered Sehun’s question, “Hm? What? Ah, nothing… hehe… Well, I-I’ll just get back to my room. I’m a bit tired”

“Ok, good night, have a nice dream”

 

“Hurry up! It’s almost our time to get on the stage! Ya, Baekhyun-ah, please stop looking at the mirror already, your eyeliner went just fine”, Suho said to Baekhyun who’s been standing in front of mirror for a long time. The members were all busy in their waiting room as they waited their shifts to get on the stages.

“Luhannie hyung~ you don’t need to put that much amount of make up. Hyung is already good looking without them”, Sehun said to Luhan who was busy touched up his make up.

“Really? Do you think so Sehunnie?”, Luhan asked as Sehun walk toward Luhan and give him a back hug.

“That’s right. Beside, who are you going to attract?”, Sehun said as he clinging to Luhan and both of them giggled together. Kai was standing on the corner, leaned on the wall, crossed his arms upon his chest and tilted his head as he watching Luhan and Sehun.

“Ok, guys, let’s doing good, and after the stage let’s have some meal together”, Suho said to members to cheered them up.

“Ok!”, the members answered in unison.

Right after the stage and get dressed, the members were already sitting around a big table on the restaurant and enjoying their meal.

“Here, hyung, eat this”, Sehun said as he feeding Luhan a meat. The members now were busy chatting, laughing and feeding each other. Everyone felt happy and enjoyed their self. Unlike anyone, Kai constantly pay a full attention on Sehun and Luhan, on Sehun to be exact. Not realizing Kai’s gaze, Sehun just enjoyed his meal while keep looking onto Luhan. Sometimes Sehun just sat there, his hands support his chin and smiled as he stare at Luhan who is busy eating.

“It can’t be left alone. I need to talk to Sehun immediately”, Kai said to himself.

“Sehunnie, after this, would you like to come with me? I feel like to have an ice cream”, Kai asked to Sehun.

“Right after this? Ok, I also want to buy some cold drinks”

 

After finishing their meal, the members get on their van and riding back to the dorm except Sehun and Kai. The two walked together to the nearest convenient store. After buying what they wanted to buy, the two sat in the park near the store. After thinking for a while, Kai determined. He had to asked the question to Sehun. Now or never.

“Sehunnie, I want to asked you something”, Kai started a conversation.

“What is it?”, Sehun asked as he opened up his drink.

“You… Luhan hyung…”, Kai paused for a second. Getting Sehun’s full attention.

“You like Luhan hyung, don’t you?”