Part 12

a Lonely Christmas

“Ok, let’s practice one more time and we could take a break”, Suho’s voice echoing all around the practice room. The members were looked tired, but they obediently following Suho’s order and start practice again. Sehun sat in the corner, sulkily. He felt so tired yet the hyungs want to practice all over again. Unwillingly, he stood up to his position. As he passed Luhan, he whispered to Luhan’s ear.

“Hyung, after this, should we have bubble teas? Today is my treat”, Sehun said. Luhan just stayed silent. Not even looked at Sehun, he said, “Did you forget what just happen to you yesterday? Suho told you to stop wandering outside for awhile. Listen well to what the hyungs said”, Luhan said coldly to Sehun. Hearing that, Sehun was gibing to Luhan silently and rolled his eyes.

“If I can’t go to get bubble tea, than hyung can’t go to get bubble tea as well!”, Sehun shouted to Luhan who was already walked away from him.

 

After the practice, Sehun and Kai packed up and get ready to come back to the dorm together. Some members said that they’ll go out for a moment to get something to eat together at the dorm.

“Baekhyun and I will go to buy some snacks. We were running out of snacks in the dorm”, Chanyeol said as he twinned his arms onto Baekhyun’s shoulder and walked out the practice room.

“Kris, do you want to have some bubble tea?”, Luhan asked loudly to Kris who was busy packed up his stuff. Sehun accidentally overheard what Luhan said. Sehun widened his eyes as he looked at Luhan disbelieved.

“Bubble tea? Ok, let’s go. I want to have something sweet today”, Kris answered, made Sehun widened his eyes even more.

“Ya, what is it? What is it? Luhannie hyung, I told you that you can’t have bubble tea if I can’t have my bubble tea didn’t I? Kris hyung, why would you want to go with Luhannie hyung? He is mine!”, Sehun burst to Luhan and Kris who were already in their half way to the door.

“Don’t worry Sehun, I’ll brought you a cup of your favorite bubble tea. Just wait for me at the dorm, ok”, Kris said to Sehun as he winked and lingering his arms to Luhan’s shoulder. Luhan just walked straight not even took a glance at Sehun.

“What’s wrong with that hyung? Why did he act like that? He even scolded me earlier”, Sehun asked to himself about Luhan’s action. Kai silently looked at Sehun, wondering if something had happening.

 

In the night, the members were gathering in the living room and watched movies together. Luhan sat calmly beside Xiumin with a pack of snack on his lap. Sehun who came late, walked out from his room to join the hyungs. He saw an empty sit beside Luhan and casually sat down there. As Sehun sat down, Luhan stood up right away and walked to the kitchen.

“What is it? Where is he going?”, Sehun asked to himself. Anxious to found out what was actually happening, Sehun followed Luhan to the kitchen.

“What did you get hyung? Some juice? Give me some too”, Sehun asked to Luhan who was pouring a juice to his glass.

“Here, have it by yourself”, Luhan said coldly as he passed the juice box to Sehun and leave. Right after Luhan walked out of the door, Kai came after Sehun to the kitchen and saw Luhan who was just walking away.

“What did you get? Give me too”, Kai said to Sehun who was holding the juice box.

“Want to get some juice? I’ll pour it for you”, Sehun answered as he poured the juice to a glass and hand it to Kai. Accepted the glass from Sehun, Kai noticed that there was something wrong with Sehun.

“What is it? Something bothering you?”, Kai said to Sehun as he sat on the dinning chair.

“What’s wrong with that hyung? Is he avoiding me on purpose…?”, Sehun said, more to himself.  

 

 

It was early in the morning when the members were already busy going around inside the dorm. Some of them were busy checking their appearance in the mirror while others were busy with their hair and make up. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were busy in front of a mirror, checking their expression in the mirror.

“Baekhyun-ah, what do you think if I smile like this? It’s cute right? And I’ll waving my hands like this”, Chanyeol asked to Baekhyun who was standing beside of him.

“That’s kind of cute. Ah, I need to keep looked at this side when they take photos. This side is better that others”, Baekhyun said as he turned his face continuously from left to right in front of the mirror.

Today they are going to hold a sign event. That’s why from this early morning they’ve been busy with their self. Luhan was checking his self in front of the mirror when Sehun was surprising him from the back.

“Hyung! I told you that you didn’t need that much amount of make up. You are already good looking without any make up~”, Sehun said as he clung onto Luhan. Startled, Luhan just stood there. Slowly he tried to let go of Sehun’s hold from him.

“Ah, hyung-want to-I-need to go to the bathroom”, Luhan said stuttered and scratched his head awkwardly. Unwillingly Sehun let go off his hands from Luhan and let Luhan walked away.

 

On his trip to bathroom, Luhan bumped into Kai. Suddenly, something crossed in his mind. Luhan hold Kai’s arm to stop him.

“Kai-ah, hyung need to talk to you”, Luhan said to Kai who was looking at Luhan puzzled. Following Luhan, Kai walked to the balcony, leaving all the members inside. Once they were there, Luhan just stood there, looking at a distance, didn’t make any words. Kai didn’t had any intention to start a conversation either. So they were just standing there quietly. Busy with their thought. After a long silence, Luhan started to made his word.

“Kai-ah, hyung was wondering. Hmm…how should I put this? You know Sehun for a long time right?”, said Luhan. Kai just nodded, waiting for Luhan to continued his words.

“Perhaps, do you know if he ever with a girl? You know, on a date?”, Luhan continued his word. Kai just stood silently. Already understand where will this were going.

“As far as I know, he’s never been with a girl. You know, he was a shy boy. Why did you ask hyung?”, Kai asked surprising Luhan.

“What-ah-no-I… I was just wondering…if he…no, nothing. Never mind. Let’s came inside and get ready Kai-ah”, Luhan said as he turned and started to walked back to the inside when Kai’s word stopped him.

 “He did it, didn’t he? He told you”, Kai said to Luhan. Just stood there, Luhan frozen to Kai’s words.

“What do you say hyung? After Sehunnie told you everything?”, Kai asked.

“I-I-just-I’m not…”, Luhan couldn’t carried on his words.

 

Flashback:

“Hyung, I love you hyung”, Sehun said to Luhan who was sit in front of him. It was late at night. The dorm was already quiet. Members were already in their rooms. Luhan was frozen by Sehun’s word. Couldn’t make any moves, he just sit awkwardly. Sehun fixed his eyes to Luhan.

“What? What do you mean by that? Of course you loved me. Hyung too, love you. We can’t hate each other, can we?”, Luhan answered nervously. His voice was trembling. He knew exactly what Sehun did mean.

“That’s not what I mean. Hyung, it’s more than that. This feeling is deeper… you know like the feeling of…”

“You are just confused, Sehunnie”, Luhan cut Sehun words before he completed his sentences.

“You are just confused. You are mistaken for what you were feeling as love. It’s completely different thing”, Luhan said.

“No hyung, I knew what I felt… I…”

“No, Sehunnie, that’s not it. You are just too young to understand what you feel. That’s why you were mistaken what you felt toward me. I- hyung is tired. I’ll take some rest”, Luhan said as he stood up when suddenly Sehun grabbed Luhan’s him, make Luhan stopped.

“Hyung, now that I told you what I feel, please don’t try to tell me to stop this. It’s because I have a faith that someday, just someday, hyung’ll realize that we have something real…”

 

At noon, the boys arrived at the venue where they held a fan sign event. The crowd was no joke. It seems like the whole town came to that event. The members were diligently greeting their fans. Giving a sign with a smile that keep blossom on their lips. It’s been a long day for them. It seems like the number of fans were unlimited, they keep came and came again. The sun has going down when the event close to its end. Sehun was giving his sign to the last fans when he felt something hard crashed upon his head. Slowly he could smell that was very stingy and felt something sticky on his hair. Other members was looked at him in panic and shocked. Sehun had someone throw a rotten egg on him. Lay spotted a person who was wearing all blacks that throw the rotten egg to Sehun.

“Hey! Stop that man!”, Lay shouted as he saw that person ran off to the crowd. The members turn their heard toward the person that pointed by Lay. As Luhan, Sehun and Kai watched that person, they had the same thought

Luhan: that was the same person as what I saw in the airport and on the bubble tea store

Kai: that was the same person who was trying to hit Sehun

Sehun: that was the same person who was bumped in to me and made my shirt smeared with tomato sauce and put threatening letter on my cloak’s pocket