Part 4

a Lonely Christmas

Sehunnie, tonight is the farewell party for M-members. You’ll come right? It’s 7p.m. Should I pick you up? Sehun stared blankly at Kai’s text message. Still couldn’t make up his mind, Sehun started to type a message to Kai.

Ok, let’s see if I could come. Not feeling so good today. No need to pick me up. I’m fine smiley

Sitting alone in his room, Sehun feels horrible. Somehow he didn’t want to go to the farewell party. For Sehun, parting is not something you should celebrate. But, deep inside he really want to go to see Luhan for the last time before he depart to China. It’s not like Luhan will leave for good, but Sehun hate the idea that they had to separated without saying goodbye to each other, especially after last night event. Tried to get rid of Luhan’s image in his head, Sehun did his best to get something to do. However, whatever he did, his fond memories with Luhan always came up. He watched his phone to found out his wallpaper background which is a photo of Luhan and him together in a photo booth. He his computer just to watch to Luhan’s photo eating an ice cream that Sehun set as desktop background. He put earphones to his ears and played music in his iPod just to hear Luhan’s favorite song. It didn’t work. Sehun gave up. Every single thing he did always lead to the memories of Luhan. What’s going on with me?

 

“To M-members, have a great journey and be save there! Be back soon! Everyone cheers!”

“Cheers!” everyone raised their glass as Suho lead the farewell party. Luhan secretly keep looking to the clock that hanging on the wall. It’s 7.30 already. Sehunnie really didn’t come? He sighed as he drank his drink.

“Sehun didn’t come?”, Xiumin start a conversation. “Oh? I just realized it… he wasn’t here?”, Baekhyun replied as he scanning the room.

“Whoah! That kid is really… His hyungs are about to leaving soon. What was so important so he couldn’t come? Really this punk. It’s because you spoiled him to much, hyung”, said Chanyeol to Luhan. Luhan just smiled bitterly to everyone’s chit-chat about Sehun. Kai looking worriedly at Luhan’s face, started to texted Sehun.

Sehunnie, are you really not going? Hyungs are looking for you.

“Enough everyone. Stop blaming each other. Tonight supposed to be a party. Let’s not ruin this great atmosphere. Have fun!”, said Suho as he raised his glass and wrap his arms around Lay’s waist who sit next to him. Everyone seems to be enjoyed the party except for Luhan and Kai who is continuously looked worried.

Night was getting late. The farewell party had officially over. Everyone said goodbye to each other, especially to M-members who will be leaving tomorrow morning. One by one, members started to leave the place where the party took in.

“Hyung, I’ll go home now. I’ll check Sehun on my way back home”

“Ok, thank you Kai-ah. Take care”

Luhan sighed and started walked slowly on his way back when suddenly a familiar voice stopped his steps.

“That’s it? Hyung not going to say good bye to me?”, Luhan turned away to find a familiar figured standing right beside him.

“What is it? Sehunnie, why are you here?”

“I want to spend last night with hyung. Are you hungry? I’m hungry. Let’s find some place to eat. My treat”, as Sehun said that, he walked toward Luhan and twinned Luhan. In shocked, Luhan just blankly going along with Sehun. Secretly Sehun smiled while having his hyung in his arms.

“Hyung, about yesterday, I’m sorry”, Sehun started a conversation while Luhan busy grilled meats in the mini stove in the table in front them.

“Why were you sorry? That’s not your fault”

“I’m sorry for being so childish. For screaming to hyung. For ignoring hyung. For making hyung worry. I’m sorry”. Luhan stared straight to Sehun who sit in front of him. Trying to analyzed this young boy who keep stared down.

“Sehunnie, why?”. Sehun looked at Luhan, couldn’t understand Luhan’s question.

“Why did you that? Why did you mad at me yesterday?”

“It’s because I like you, hyung”

“What?”

“No… I mean… I… uh… you are the hyung that I like, so… no, I mean hyung is the closest one to me. You know that other hyungs loved to teasing and playing around with me right? Hyung also know that I’m not an easy going person who could easily make a friend. Since the training day, my only friend is Kai and he started to busy with his dance practice. Hyung is the only one that I have, hyung know that. So, that’s why…”. Luhan silently listened to Sehun’s explanation. Vaguely, his smile aroused in his lips. This young boy who sat in front of him is so cute with all his stuttering words.

“So, basically, you liked hyung, right?”, Luhan said teasing Sehun who is blushed in no time.

“What? No! Ah, this hyung is so funny… ”

“So, you don’t like me? Really? Really, really, really?”, Luhan keeps teasing Sehun as he bring his face approaching Sehun’s. Startled, Sehun tried to dodged Luhan’s stare.

“Ay… hyung, what are you doing? Let’s eat! The meats are getting cold!”. Seeing Sehun’s face blushing and started misbehaving, Luhan burst in laughter.

“Thank you Sehunnie, tonight hyung is happy. After this where should we go?”

“It’s up to you, hyung. Tonight I’ll complying hyung’s order”

 

After finishing their dinning, Luhan and Sehun walked side by side. Tonight, the winds blow a bit stronger. Make them both shiver. Sehun keep rubbing his hands, watching that action, Luhan hold Sehun’s hand and put it in his cloak’s pocket.

“Hyung, what are you doing?”, asked Sehun tried to take away his hand from Luhan’s held.

“Keep quiet. You said you’ll complying hyung’s order. This is one of my orders. Just stay quiet and walk with me. Let’s just enjoy tonight”, Luhan said as he softly crumpling Sehun’s hand. Overjoyed, Sehun just nodded and smiled brightly like an idiot upon Luhan’s treat toward him. Tonight might be their goodbye, but one thing Sehun knows for sure. This is just another beginning for him and Luhan.

Farewell Luhan hyung, be save and quickly get back here. I’ll always wait for you.