Part 11

a Lonely Christmas

“You, you like Luhan hyung, don’t you?”, Kai asked without changing his tones. Left Sehun frozen in his place. Stuttered, Sehun tried to answer Kai’s question.
“What? I-no-that- of course I like him! What do you mean? Hyung is our member, we all have to love each other, ha-ha-ha… you-you- You are being funny! Ah, what’s wrong with this kid, aish…”, Sehun answered as he busy looked at other directions. Avoiding Kai’s stare.
“That’s not it. Sehunnie, you know what I mean”, Kai said his word boldly, still looked straight at Sehun. This time Sehun was totally motionless. Don’t know what to say or what to do. Cold sweats were pouring down. Looking straight at his toes, slowly Sehun shook his head. Covering his face with his hand, Sehun slowly move his hair aside in confusion. 

“I, actually I’m not quite sure my self, Kai-ah. You know, it seems like this feeling just popped out of nowhere. At first I thought it’s just because Luhan hyung and I spent too much times together. Shared too many things together. But lately, I realized that this is something different and I’m not sure with was it”, Sehun said as he looked straight to the front. Tried to poured out what he’s been feel this time.
“You know that I didn’t make many friends. When we were a trainee, you are the only one that I had when I first met Luhan hyung. Suddenly you’ve been busy with the practice, you were so hardworking. No, I didn’t blame you for that, it’s been your dream, I know that. But Luhan hyung just came to me when no one didn’t even make an effort to did it. I won’t deny it that I feel happy when I’m with Luhan hyung just like what I feel when I’m with you”, Sehun explained as he looked back at his toes. Kai silently listened to Sehun. Tried to understand his old friend. Tried to analyzed why do this kind of thing have to happening. 

“Why is it have to be Luhan hyung?”, slowly Kai asked.
“I have no idea either. I’ve been thinking, you and I’ve spent so many years together. More than I had with Luhan hyung. With you, too, I feel comfortable and at peace. Somehow, it’s just slightly different when it came to Luhan hyung”
“What was that? What kind of feeling?”, Kai asked.
“I’ve been asking to myself, what was this feeling? I didn’t get any answers. It’s just the feeling when I want to have Luhan hyung exclusively for me, just me…”
“You’ve been addicted to Luhan hyung, obsessed. Sehunnie, it’s not healthy”, Kai said as he Sehun’s back. Sehun turned his head to looked at Kai, puzzled. 
“Then what should I do? Should I stop it? Kai-ah, you don’t understand, I…”
“That’s not what our societies wanted. This is what our societies opposed. Sehunnie, you are a public figure. You have to do what societies want you to do”, Kai cut Sehun’s word. Disbelieved, Sehun looked straight into Kai’s eyes. Shook his head, he snort and clenching his fists. 
“Then tell me… tell me how should I stop something that I didn’t even started?!”, Sehun shouted angrily to Kai.
“Sehunnie…”
“Do you think I want this to happen?! I feel like I’m dying too! I tried so hard to fight this feeling, but what can I do?! Now, listen carefully, don’t try to stop me or even expect me to stop because I won’t!”, Sehun shouted as he stood up from his chair ready to leave. Quickly, Kai hold Sehun’s arm, tried to stop him. Kai opened his mouth, tried to speak, but nothing came out. He felt bad for what he said to Sehun.
“If you have nothing more to say, now please let me go. I want to go back home. I’m not feeling good”, Sehun said coldly as he harshly pulled his arm from Kai’s hold. Right after Kai let go off Sehun’s armed, Kai saw a person wearing all black running toward them. When that person came close to them, that person suddenly pulled out a wooden stick and swung it to Sehun’s head. Luckily, Kai pulled Sehun just in time. That person quickly ran away while Sehun and Kai startled to what was just happening.
“Hey! You ever there! Stop right there!”, Kai shouted to that person who was keep running away.
“Sehunnie, are you alright? Did you get hurt anywhere?”, Kai asked worriedly as he quickly scanning Sehun from head to toe. Still in shocked, Sehun just hold his chest while he gasped.
“I’m ok, I’m ok. Wow, what was that? Kai-ah, let’s go back now, let’s go quickly”, Sehun said as he frightened from what was just almost happening to him.

“Say that again. Someone was trying to hit Sehun? In the head?!”, Chanyeol asked in shock as the members gathering in living room. Listened to Kai’s story. 
“But you didn’t get hurt anywhere right? Should we tell the police?”, Suho asked worriedly to Sehun.
“Ay, hyung… it’s not a big deal. No need to do that. That’s ok, now I’m fine. I think I should stop go out for awhile from now on”, Sehun answered. Luhan looked the most worried when he saw Sehun. He sat beside Sehun, continuously looked at Sehun and asked over and over again if Sehun get hurt somewhere. 
“Kai-ah, tell me again the person who were trying to hit Sehun. Did you see his face?”, Luhan asked to Kai.
“That person wore all blacks from head to toe. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to see his face. He wore a mask and a cap”, Kai explained. 
“Ok, from now on, let’s guard Sehun. Sehun, you should stop go out for awhile. Also, I think it’s going to be useful to install CCTV in our dorm’s gate”, Suho said to everyone.

“Are you sure you’re alright?”, Luhan asked to Sehun. It’s been late in the night. Other members were already sleeping in their rooms. Sehun and Luhan sat down side by side in the living room. Although Sehun had tell everyone that he’s allright, Luhan keep worrying Sehun. 
“Hyung, please stop it, I said I’m fine. Hyung annoyed me, ah really this hyung. It’s ok, I’m fine. No need to worry. Ok?”, Sehun answered as he smiled to Luhan. Apparently, Luhan still wasn’t able to stop his worried toward Sehun’s condition. 
“You might not get hurt anywhere on your body. But, your feeling, your heart. Is it fine? You must be frightened. Poor boy...”, Luhan said as he caress Sehun’s hair. Sehun couldn’t deny it. He did feel afraid, so much. He never thought this kind of thing would happen to him.
“I was afraid. But now I’m ok, I got hyung beside me, so I feel relieved”
“I wonder who was that person”
“Must be a hater. They must be hate me for being handsome”, Sehun said as he hold his chin that made Luhan burst to laugh. 
“Hahaha… what was that? As expected, you are a master of yourself. Anyway, earlier, what did you do with Kai?”, Luhan asked curiously to Sehun. Hearing Luhan’s question, Sehun immediately recalling the past event he had with Kai. Remembering their conversation. 
“Nothing much. We just went have some drinks together and had a chat”, Sehun answered. 
“Really? Just that? But why did you took so long time? Hyung tired waiting for you here”, Luhan asked sulkily. Sehun tilted his head as he looked at his hyung. His smile arose as he started giggling. 
“What was that? Hyung, are you jealous? Tell me honestly”
“What-I-that-No! Why would I? Hyung just worried, and when you came back with that surprising news, it scared me. Don’t ever do that kind of thing again, ok?”, Luhan said as his face blushed and couldn’t look at Sehun’s eyes. Sehun giggled to what Luhan did. Thinking that Luhan was so cute saying that kind of thing.
“Anyway, what chitchat did you had with Kai earlier?”, Luhan asked tried to change the topic. 
“That… what were we talking about…hyung…”, Sehun said as he turning his body, fixing his position and faced Luhan. Didn’t know what was happening, Luhan just silently listen to Sehun. 
“I think I… I think I love you hyung…”

Unknowingly, Kai who was in the kitchen overheard Luhan and Sehun’s conversations. Kai didn’t mean to stayed there and listened to everything. But, somehow Kai couldn’t move his legs. Seems like he was numb. With a glass of water in his hand, he stood silently behind the kitchen door, listening to everything. Listening to Sehun’s confession as he thought, it’s bad. This is bad. Sehunnie, why did you do that…