Final Part

a Lonely Christmas

“Sehunnie! Wake up! Please open your eyes! Can you hear me?! Sehunnie it’s me Kai... Please wake up! Sehunnie”, Kai pace forward as the tears keep streaming down beside a rolling hospital bed with Sehun who lied above it. Suho was following behind with the rest of the members. Tonight was a storm strike for the members. They just lost one of the members, now the other member was dying from an accident.

 

Kai keeps on following, won’t let go off Sehun’s side. His eyes were swollen red from too much crying. He keeps on shaking his head while looked at Sehun’s condition. Refused to believe what was in front of his eyes. Sehun was lying there quietly. Blood coming from his nose and ears, his head were badly injured. Sehun being brought to the Emergency Department and the nurses prohibit the member to come in.

 

The members were waiting nervously in front of the Emergency Department. Kai couldn’t stay still and continuously wiping his tears while keeps on whispering Sehun’s name. After a long wait, finally a doctor came out from the Emergency Department. Kai rushed to the doctor to ask what happen to Sehun. The doctor paused for a second before explaining what’s going on.

“His head was badly injured. It was a miracle that he couldn’t make it until now. But I can’t guarantee. Right now he was in coma. We’ve done what we could. Now let’s just wait and hope for the best”.

 

Kai fell on his knees after heard what was going on. Tears were streaming down on his face while he keeps on shouting Sehun’s name. Suho sat beside him tried to comfort him. D.O also sat beside Kai and cried together with him.

 

“Ok, guys, we need to stay strong. Lay and I will arrange Luhan’s funeral also waiting for the autopsy report”, Kris said to the crying members, tried to look strong so the member won’t got more depressed though his voice were cracking doe to holding his tears.

Suho stood up and go along with Lay and Kris to take care off Luhan’s funeral.

“After the autopsy report come out, we’ll get the one who stabbed Luhan hyung and put them to jail. That’s all we can do for Luhan hyung”, Suho said to the members as he ordering Baekhyun and Chanyeol to do pres conference tomorrow.

 

“The rest of you guys come together to China to attend Luhan hyung’s funeral”, Suho continued and responded by a weak nodded from the members.

 

“I’ll stay here hyung…”, Kai said with a trembling voice as he looked down to his toes.

“I won’t leave Sehunnie. I’ll stay here. What if he wake up tomorrow and no one here with him?”, Kai said with teary eyes to Suho.

Suho thought for a second before finally let out a deep sigh and agreeing on Kai’s decision.

“Ok, you stay here. D.O you also stay here with Kai and look for him, ok?”, Suho said to D.O who is continuously weeping his tears.

 

 

It’s been a week since Sehun lying in coma. Kai faithfully never left Sehun side. Everyday he’ll sit beside Sehun’s side and holding Sehun’s arm while keep whispering words. Though never get any responses from Sehun, Kai believed that Sehun could hear every words he said.

 

“Sehunnie, it’s been a week. Don’t you think that you sleep too much? Sehunnie, it’s been awhile since we went out together. Do you want to go to Hongdae together? I’ll buy you anything you like. Or do you want to take a walk on the side of Han River? Sehunnie, it’s time to wake up… Sehunnie please…I-”, Kai choked up as he tried so hard to hold on his tears.

 

He looked close at Sehun’s chest, assuring that Sehun still breathing. Somehow Kai didn’t believe at medical tools that attached on Sehun’s body. Even though the monitor showing that Sehun’s heart rate was normal, he keeps on worrying. Kai couldn’t hold his tears anymore. He couldn’t help on watching Sehun’s condition.

There were strange medical wires that attached to Sehun’s body also there was an oxygen mask that covering Sehun’s mouth. Those image was hurting Kai so much. Seeing his old friend lying above hospital bed. Powerless between live and death.

 

When Kai was sobbing and carefully caressing Sehun’s hair, D.O open the room’s door and sat beside Kai as he slowly patted Kai’s back.

“There, there. Don’t cry Kai-ah, Sehun will hate to see that you cry for him… he won’t be pleased…”. Hearing D.O’s word Kai quickly wiped out his tears.

“Oh, hyung, you came? I just-I-It just hurts me so much seeing him just lying here hyung. When will he wake up?”

“It also hurt me so much to seeing him like this. I believe the hyungs also feel the same. Now all we can do is just wait and hope for the best. Let’s stay strong for Sehun, ok?”, D.O said to Kai as he softly caressed Kai’s hair.

Kai nodded to D.O’s word and asked D.O about Luhan’s funeral ceremony.

 

“Did the ceremony going well? When will the hyungs get back here?”

“The ceremony went smoothly. Suho hyung said he can’t even face Luhan hyung’s parents. He felt so guilty that he couldn’t say a word, even a simple condolence was so hard for him. The hyungs will get back tomorrow”

“I’ll felt the same thing if I was there… How about the investigations on Luhan hyung’s case?”

“The police said the investigation result will be announced tomorrow. They already caught the suspect”

“That’s a good thing…”, Kai said slowly as he glanced at Sehun.

 

That was a cold evening when the members gathering on Sehun’s room and watched a broadcasted about Luhan’s case investigation. It was found out that the suspect is Jun Yi, Luhan’s childhood friend from China. The accused said that his target actually was Sehun. He never meant to attack Luhan. He said it was an accident. However, he confessed that he was guilty and defenselessly goes to the jail.

 

The members cheers up and feeling so grateful that finally the culprit was take to the jail. At least from now on they won’t be worried about any attack.

“Though by the arrested of Jun Yi won’t bring Luhan hyung back, at least now we could feel a bit relieved, don’t we?”, Suho said to the members with a bright smile.

“That’s right… at least we got least to worry. Now let’s focus on Sehun and pray for the best…”, Kris said as he took a glance at Sehun.

Kai slowly walked to the room’s window and open the curtain. Tonight the snows were falling down. Covering the black road with a soft white blanket. The view was so great and soothing. Kai just realized that tonight was Christmas Eve.

 

“Hyung, tonight was Christmas Eve”, Kai said to the others as he walked away from the window.

“Ah, that’s right. Tonight is 24th December. Should I go out to get something to eat? Let’s stay awake together tonight in here”, Suho said as he checked his watch and took his wallet. Lay and Kris stood up to following Suho to get something to eat for the members.

 

“Now everybody, let’s wish together. Let’s wish that tomorrow, on Christmas day, Sehun will finally wake up and greet us with his silly wide smile”, Chanyeol said to the rest of the members that stay in hospital’s room.

“That’s right. If that so, then should we buy presents from Sehun? Let’s have a faith in our heart that Sehun will wake up tomorrow, so we need to prepare something for him”, Baekhyun added and others nodded in unison as the respons.

 

One by one the members leaving the room to get Sehun’s Christmas presents, leaving Kai alone who insists to stay together with Sehun. Once all the members leave the room, Kai sat beside Sehun bed. He looked closely from Sehun’s head to toe, let out a deep sigh and holding Sehun’s hand with his both hand.

 

“Sehunnie…please stop joking. Please wake up Sehunnie…”, Kai slowly whispered to Sehun’s ear.

“You know, you got nothing to worry no more. The person who stabbed Luhan hyung had been arrested, you heard the news right? Also tomorrow-tomorrow is-“, Kai started to choked up again as he tried to continued his words. The tears already gathered in his lower eyelid.

 

“Tomorrow is Christmas… Don’t you think that you are being too much? How can you just lying like this Sehunnie? The hyung were out there to get you presents. Please woke up and let’s open your presents together tomorrow, hm?”, Kai paused as he took a deep look at Sehun’s face. Didn’t know what to do anymore to wake Sehun up.

 

“At least please response me…You can hear me right? I know that-so please-I beg you-I-“, Kai couldn’t continue his words. His voice turn to loud sobbing as he covers his face with his hands that intertwined with Sehun’s.

“I’m sorry… Sehunnie…Sehunnie…Sehunnie”

 

 

 

“Sehunnie…Sehunnie…Sehunnie”

A warm soft vague voice calling Sehun’s name from distance. Sehun looked around to searching for that sound’s source. He looked around to found himself standing in the middle of large snow field. Though in the middle of snow, Sehun didn’t felt any cold, in fact, he felt so warm and comfortable.

 

“Who’s that? Luhannie hyung? Is that you? Where are you? Where is this?”, Sehun asked to the empty air. Still looked around and tried to get an answer. As he looked around, slowly he saw a familiar figure approaching him. A figure that he’s been longing all this time. Though he startled for a second, he started to pace forward to that figure. As he came closer, that figure’s face became so clear for Sehun too see.

 

“I thought I’ll never see you again… Luhannie hyung…”, Sehun said as a smile blooming in his lips.

“Have you been well? Sehunnie?”, Luhan asked as he smiled and stepped forward closer to Sehun. After hearing Luhan’s question, Sehun’s smile disappearing from his lips as he pouted.

“No, I’m not well. How could you do that to me? How can you leave me just like that? Without a single goodbye?”, Sehun burst out letting his anger and disappointment. Luhan just smiled and chuckled hearing Sehun’s word.

 

“What’s so funny? I told you to not smile like that right?”, Sehun whined to Luhan. Without a word, Luhan walked to the nearest bench on the field. Sehun following Luhan and sat beside him. The two just stay silent, busy with their own mind.

 

“I’m sorry…”, Sehun slowly started the conversation.

“Now what?”, Luhan asked at Sehun as he looked down at his toes.

“I’m sorry for what I did, for shouting at you before-before you-“

“Dead?”, Luhan cut Sehun’s word off. Sehun gasped and he started to choked up and his throat felt so hot as the tears start to flowing. The reality just hit him again. Right, it might just a dream he met Luhan. His hyung is already dead, he need to bear it in his mind.

 

“Why you did that? You said we will spend this Christmas together. Why did you leave me?”, Sehun said as his voice cracking and the tears streaming on his face. Luhan looked so hurt after hearing Sehun’s word. He wanted to pat Sehun’s back, but as he almost lied his hand on Sehun’s back, he pulled it back.

 

“Sehunnie, I’m sorry. I’m so sorry…”, Luhan’s voice start to trembling while Sehun keeps on crying.

“Now what will I do? Without you, this Christmas will be a lonely Christmas for me hyung…”

“What do you mean? The hyungs will be with you Sehunnie”, Luhan tried to comfort Sehun as the tears also started to gathered on his eyelids.

“But I’ll never spend any Christmas with you, never again that now you’ve gone…”, Sehun’s cry became so loud it started to made him hard to breath and to talk.

 

“Don’t be like that Sehunnie, please…”, Luhan begging to Sehun. Ignoring Luhan’s beg, Sehun just keep crying and once in awhile punching his chest to get away the pain he felt inside.

 

“Sehunnie, please stop crying…this Christmas… what do you want for Christmas? I’ll tell the hyungs to get it fo you”, Luhan asked to Sehun as he tried to smile.

“I don’t want anything, I just want to be with hyung. Please, how can I be with you again? Can’t you come back? I need you, the members need you, we need you hyung…”, Sehun answered with his cracking and trembling voice. Luhan just stood still watching Sehun’s agony. Seeing Sehun like this really hurts him so much, he couldn’t control his tears that finally falling down. As the tears falling, he quickly wipes it off.

 

“Is that all what you wish for? To be with me?”, Luhan asked to Sehun who continuously sobbing.

“Don’t you think that you are being selfish? To want to be with me?”

“Because I don’t know how to live if I can’t see your face anymore hyung…”, Sehun’s voice now barely heard doe to his loud crying. Luhan’s tears also falling down from seeing his loved one became so powerless in front of him.

 

Slowly, Luhan stretched out his hand to Sehun. Puzzled, Sehun just looked at Luhan’s hand. Didn’t understand what’s going on.

“Here, take my hand”, Luhan slowly said to Sehun as a smile blooming in his face. Sehun paused for a second before he slowly stretched out his hand to grabbed Luhan’s hand. Luhan’s fingers intertwined with Sehun’s as their hands finally meeting after a long time of separation. Sehun felt so relieved, it seems like a heavy burden had been raised from his shoulder.

The two walked together joyfully with their hands intertwined each other. As always, Sehun smiled and giggled like an idiot and Luhan smile warmly as he took a glance at Sehun once in a while.

 

 

“Hyung, let’s have some bubble tea. It’s been a long time”

“That’s right, it’s been a long time since we had bubble tea together. Let’s have some today. My treat…”