Part 14

a Lonely Christmas

It was just early in the morning when the uproar echoing around the kitchen. In there stood up two teenage boys who was busy moving their hands and splitting and dropping stuffs. It was Kai and Sehun. Wearing the couple apron, they were busy putting ingredients into a pot. Their move was so clumsy when it comes to the kitchen stuffs. 

 

“Kai-ah, what should I do now? Should I put the salt now or later? When should I put the rice? Should I rinse them first?”, Sehun asked to Kai who is look unsure as well. 


“Hm? That? Oh, yes, I think you should put it now. I’m not sure about the amount. Just put it in as you want. Use your instinct”, Kai answered to Sehun as he chopped some veggies. 
The noise that he made woke Luhan up. Half asleep, he walked toward the kitchen to found out two young boys messing around the kitchen in the early morning.

“What is it? What are you guys doing?”, Luhan asked to Sehun and Kai as he rub his eyes.
“Oh, hyung, good morning, you woke up early. We are making porridge for D.O hyung”, Kai answered.
“For D.O?”
“Yeah, D.O hyung got fever. His body temperature was high last night”
“Really? Well, should hyung help you?”
“No, that’s ok hyung. It’s almost done. Just Sehunnie and I will do”, Kai answered as he washing the plates. That time, Luhan just noticed Sehun’s existence. Still feeling awkward toward each other, Sehun tried to keep busy with the porridge. He was stirring the porridge over again until Kai scolded him and told him to get some sugar on the table next to Luhan. As Sehun walked awkwardly toward Luhan, Luhan noticed the apron that Sehun wore. That was the same couple apron as Kai was wearing. Didn’t know why, Luhan felt upset to what he saw. 

 

“Ehemm…ehemm…that’s-that’s very cute couple apron that you guys wore”, Luhan said as he pointed to the apron.
“This? Do you think so? I also think that they were so cute. It’s suit well on us, isn’t?”, Kai answered as he showed his apron more. Luhan somehow felt more upset. He could felt his face becoming hot. His face became red.


“Yes! It’s fit you well! You guys bought it together? That’s really a good relationship that you have! Oh, I’m so envy!”, Luhan almost bursted to Kai, somehow his intonation went higher. Sehun who was standing beside Kai get shocked to Luhan’s voice.
“N-no-no hyung… it’s-it’s…we found it here…they were belongs to Chanyeol hyung and Baekhyun hyung”, Sehun answered with low voices as he kept stirring the porridge.
“A-ah…is that so…?”, Luhan responded in awkwardness as he scratched his neck, cleaned his throat and gulp a glass of water. From Luhan’s observation, he could tell that the two boys were awful at doing dishes. They might be the God on the stage, but really in the kitchen they were just a mess. They were continuously nagging to each other, telling that the other was wrong. Strangely, their dish that they made had a tempting aroma. 

 

“Kai-ah, is it done? I think it’s done”, Sehun asked as he opened up the pan’s cover. Kai checked the porridge. After gave it a taste, he nodded and told Sehun that the porridge is well cooked. He told Sehun to move the pan away to the table.

The clumsy Sehun, hold the pan with bare hands. As the hot crawling, he drops the pan back to the stove.
“Ah, HOT!”, he shouted as he flapped his hands. Luhan who witnessed that accident automatically stood up from his seat to rescue Sehun. Right before he completely stood up, Kai was running toward Sehun and worriedly checked Sehun’s hands. With his heart sink to the bottom, Luhan sat back to his seat. “What’s with that? Are they a couple now? Ck-”, he pouted more to himself.

“Are you alright? Leave it, I’ll take that pan. Now, can you mince the garlic? I’ll make an omelet”, Kai said to Sehun as he hold Sehun’s burning hands.
“I’m okay”, Sehun said as he obediently doing what Kai told to him to do. Luhan couldn’t stay still to what happened in front of him. He couldn’t deny that he was upset toward kind of relationship that Sehun and Kai had. He wanted to leave the scene so bad, get back to his room, hide under his blanket. Somehow, his legs won’t obey him. Instead he, was just sitting there, watched every single moves that the two young boys made. 

 

Luhan couldn’t stand it anymore to see Kai and Sehun. 
“Ya, Kai-ah, how could you told Sehunnie to do that while he just got an accident? Can’t you see that his hands were hurting? Ck-you are so mean”, Luhan nagged to Kai as he stood up and forcefully standing between Kai and Sehun, separating them apart. 


“Here, give it to me. Hyung’ll do it. Sehunnie, take some rest”, Luhan said deadpanned to Sehun as he took the knife from Sehun’s hand. Sehun just stay silent about what Luhan’s did and obeying every Luhan’s words. 
“Also, take that stupid apron off. It’s really hurting my eyes”, Luhan continued his nagging and pointing Sehun’s apron. Like a little kid being grounded by his parents, Sehun quickly took off his apron and sat in the dinning chair. Secretly, his smiled arose on his lips as he thought; You are back, Luhannie hyung.

 

At night, the members were gathering around in the dinning table and had dinner. Accidentally, Luhan and Sehun got sitting side by side. However the two were still awkward toward each others. Luhan faked a chough and asked Xiumin to change seat with him. Sehun felt down. Earlier he thought that maybe, just maybe Luhan was back, but it seems like he was wrong. After the dinner, as maknaes, Sehun and Kai got to do all the dishes. The two were doing the dishes in silent. Sehun might looked busy doing the dishes, but his mind were wandering around leaving his head. He was woolgathering and couldn’t concentrate on the dishes. 

 

“PRAAANNGGG…”, accidentally Sehun dropped a plate. Kai and Sehun both socked to the accident. Sehun’s finger got paper cut as he tried to clean up the mess with Kai. Hearing the noisy in the kitchen and knowing that Sehun was there, Luhan flew to the kitchen to found Sehun with his injured finger.

 
“Sehunnie, all you alright? Kai-ah, get some bandage aids”, Luhan worriedly said to Kai as he put Sehun’s into his mouth to stop the bleeding. Sehun blushed and looked away.
“How come you are this clumsy? You need to be more careful. Stop make others worry toward you”, Luhan half nagged-half advised Sehun as Kai came back with a bandage aids. After put on the bandage on Sehun’s finger, Luhan stood up and leaving the kitchen before Sehun could say any words, not even a simple thanks.

 

Late at night, after watching a movie together, the members started to get back to their rooms to get some rest. After cleaned up, Sehun also get back to his room. Once he opened the room’s door, he found Luhan who was just sat silently on his bed. It crossed in Sehun’s mind that he needed to settle the things up with Luhan. Gave it a chance, slowly Sehun walked toward Luhan. As Luhan noticed Sehun come closer, he suddenly flinched and tried to stood up to leaving the room. Knowing what was Luhan trying to do, Sehun quickly stopped him.

 

“Hyung, please stop avoiding me”, he said as he held Luhan’s arm and dragged him back to sit on his bed. Luhan didn’t make any words to response Sehun. He was just sitting quietly on his bed while Sehun took a sit on the floor, facing Luhan. 


“I knew I’ve did something that made you feel bad. I’m sorry”, Sehun started his word after a long silence with a low voice, considering Suho and Lay who were already sleep away on the same room. Luhan just looked down. Not brave enough to see Sehun in the eye. 


“I’m sorry for my stupid act to confessing to you without considering your condition. I’m sorry for that, but I won’t sorry for what I feel toward you…”. Luhan gulped as he heard Sehun’s sentences. This time he was completely lost his mind. Didn’t know what to do or what to say. He was just sitting there silently waiting for Sehun’s next words.


Sehun inhaled, “Hyung, you know that I never meant to start this feeling on the first place. I also never meant to let this feeling grow this far…”
“I never meant to spend so many times together with you and I never meant to share everything that I did with you as well. This close relationship that we had, I never meant to have it. That’s why, I came to a conclusion that I never meant to love you this way, but sadly I did…”,

Sehun paused for a second waiting for Luhan’s response. But, Luhan just keep in silent. His fingers twinned each other. He bite his lower lips as his heart beat fasten. Got no answer, Sehun continued his words.


“Hyung too, didn’t mean to love me back, but I know hyung did. Didn’t you…?”, Sehun said his final words. Luhan gasped to what Sehun said, but still made no move. Sehun sighed as he walked to his own bed and picked up a pillow and blanket. He told Luhan that tonight he’ll sleep on the couch. As he reached the handle door, Luhan finally made his words.

 

“I did…”, Luhan said in low voice. Made Sehun startled and turned away. Sehun couldn’t believe his ears as he gave Luhan unconvincing looks. Now Luhan looked straight to Sehun eyes as he said emphasizing his words earlier.
 “I did love you back… Sehunnie…” 

 

It was already early December. The weather became colder and colder day by day. Despite the cold weather, Sehun and Luhan walked comfortably side by side with the smiles that never stopped blossoming in their face.


“Hyung, should we have some couple items? I’ve seen some of my friends had them back when I was a high school student. I think it’s very cute. Let’s have it shall we?”, Sehun said cutely as he leaned toward Luhan. Think for a second, Luhan agreed to Sehun idea and patting Sehun’s head. After a couple walk, they stopped by at an accessories shop. The two amazed by the cute things that the store had. Sehun walked towards the rings display. After checking it, Sehun called Luhan over.

 

“Hyung! Look at that! Is that ring looked nice?”, Sehun pointed to a silver ring with a snow flake decoration on it. Luhan protrude his head as he looked at what Sehun told him. 
“That’s pretty. You want to try it?”, Luhan asked the shop keeper the ring and gave it to Sehun. Gladly, Sehun accepted it and put it on his pinkie. He seems to be satisfied with the ring.

 
“Hyung, let’s have it as our couple rings”, Sehun said to Luhan as he ask the shop keeper to give him another same ring. Now, both of them had their couple ring. Luhan put the ring on his index finger. The rings fit so well on them. Sehun took a photo of his hand and Luhan’s hand twinned with their new rings and set it as his phone wallpaper.

 
“Do you like it?”, Sehun asked as they walked out of the store.
“So much! Hyung let’s stop by bubble tea store~ it’s been awhile since we went there together”, Sehun said to Luhan as he wrapped his arms around Luhan’s shoulder. They walked together happily without knowing that someone had been following them all this time…

 

“Ya, where have you been? Are you guys now getting along again? Aish, you guys are really so cildish”, Chanyeol asked to Luhan and Sehun as they entering the dorm. The two just smiled and thudded their body on the couch. It was just a normal evening. The members scattered around the dorm. Some of them were busy preparing the meals, some were having some rest in their room, and some were just sitting on the living room and watched TV together. There was absolutely nothing wrong when suddenly a sound of cracking mirrors shocked them out. 

 

“PRAAANGGG”, all the members stopped their activities and hurriedly ran towards the living room.
“What is that? What sound is that? Is something happening?”, everybody asked each other but they had no clue.


“It’s coming from the outside”, Suho said as he walked toward the hallway with the members following behind. Once there, the members got shocked. D.O closed his mouth in shocked. One of their front windows had smashed by a big stone. The stone was a fist size and the stone now lied on the hallway floor. Along with the stone, there was a photo tapped on the stone. Suho picked the stone to check the photo. When the photo finally revealed, the members were frightened and shocked. It was a photo of Sehun with the words ‘DIE’ on his face. 

 

“Hyung! The CCTV!”, Chen suddenly shouted to the motionless member. 
“That’s right! Let’s check the CCTV that we installed on the gate! We might find a clue”, Xiumin agreed to Chen.

 

Suho check the tape of CCTV this day on his laptop. Members were sitting around him to see who the culprit is. After watching without even blinking, their eyes finally spotted a person wearing all blacks were passing their dorm. When that person get in front of their dorm, he pulled something from coat’s pocket turned out it was a stone than threw it to EXO’s dorm. The members couldn’t see the person’s face since he is wearing a masker.
“Isn’t that the man who attacked Sehun earlier in the fan sign event?”, Lay asked the members.
Kai nodded as he added, “That was also the same person who was trying to hit Sehun’s head with a wooden stick”.
The members still watching the recorded tape where that person doing his action. When that person about to leave the scene, he stare straight at the CCTV with a threatening look. Luhan suddenly startled as he thought:
Those eyes… I’ve seen it before…No, in fact I know those eyes so well, but, when?where?