Part 3

a Lonely Christmas

The first day of training didn’t go easy for Sehun. Soon he realized that he was the youngest in the group. It means he had to obey other's words and be polite all the time. At first, Sehun didn’t think it was hard since he is a silent type boy. But there are some hyungs who keep teasing him. Sehun who didn’t want to put on a fight at a first place choose to remain silent and continuing his dance practice. If it’s not about dance-or about Luhan-he might have quit already. Somehow, hyung’s teasing toward Sehun has reached the top. Sehun couldn’t take it anymore. He wanted to talk to Kai who is still practicing on dancing. Sehun had an urge to called Kai and take him somewhere. He approached Kai who is in the middle of dancing and drenching in sweat. Suddenly Sehun stopped his step toward Kai. He is so hardworking, trying his best. It’s all his dreams. How could I bother him with my problems? My problems even not a problem anyway. Sehun sighed and step back from Kai. Leaving the practice room and went to the back of the building. Be alone.

Sehun just sit behind the SM building alone, just sit there, thinking if what he had done was the right one, to join SM trainee, when suddenly a footstep shocked him.

“What are you doing here? All by your self? You’re not practicing? They are looking for you”, said a boy with big eyes and concern look to Sehun. Sehun startled, he suddenly stood up and scratched back of his head awkwardly.

“Ah, Luhan hyung. Ah, no, I, me, uhm. I’m just looking for fresh air. It’s kind of suffocating in the practice room”.

“So you felt it too! I thought it was only me who felt the practice room is hot and suffocating. Hh… first day was tough, no?”. Sehun just nodded silently to every word Luhan said to him. He even too shy to held his head up and staring at Luhan’s face. Feeling an awkwardness, Luhan tried to approach Sehun little closer.

“I see you didn’t talk much”.

“Well… I just don’t have something good to say. It’s best to remain silent”.

“I see… even in the practice room you didn’t talk a lot to others. I noticed you only talked to Kai”. Somehow Luhan’s word made Sehun felt uncomfortable. It’s not that he hate to talk to people. It’s just not his behavior to start a conversation. Realizing Sehun’s gesture, Luhan quickly tried to fixing the situation.

“Sehun, does cold drinks ok in this weather? “

“Yes, why?” ask Sehun as he looked upon Luhan with a questioned expressions.

“Do you like bubble tea?”

“Not sure, haven’t tried it before”

“I know a good place to enjoy bubble tea. Let’s go together. It’s hyung’s treat”, said Luhan as he grabbing Sehun’s arm and made Sehun blushed in pink.

On the way home after practice, Sehun couldn’t take off a smile in his face. It’s like those smiles had been planted on his face. Noticing something unusual happen to his friend, Kai asked Sehun.

“What’s wrong with you? Did you take a wrong medicine?”

“Me? No…nothing… ah… the weather is so nice…”

“This guy really… ah! Sehunnie, where did you go earlier? In the middle of practicing you and Luhan hyung suddenly gone. Did you two go out together?”, Sehun nodded toward Kai’s question while keep maintaining his stupid smile.

“Whoah… I see, now you are making a friend? Doing great! Now you didn’t need me anymore, eh?”

“Ya! What are you talking about? Who’s making friend? We were just got some drink together. And who said I didn’t need you anymore? I always need you! Ah! This jerk’s pissing me off…”

“Oh, oh, look at that, look at your face when you get angry. Ugh… so ugly”

“What did you say?”

“Ugly!” said Kai as he sticking out his tongue and run away.

“Ya! Stop right there!”, Sehun run toward Kai and plant a soft punch on Kai’s cheek.

Day by day pass by. It’s been a year since Sehun’s first day of training. The hyungs keep getting better toward Sehun. Sehun and Luhan keep getting closer and closer as time passed by. Everyday when it comes to break, Luhan and Sehun always went out together to had a couple cup of bubble tea. Being together with Luhan also made Sehun slightly into brighter and playful person, even though he still awkward and put his poker face toward other hyungs. Sehun filled his trainee day with happiness for being able with Luhan all the time. Sehun still didn’t know and didn’t understand what he feels towards Luhan. Somehow, being able with Luhan made him felt comfortable and at peace, it’s almost the same feeling he had when he together with Kai. But it’s slightly different.

Today is final practice day before the announcement about their debuts. As usual, on the break, Sehun will always run toward Luhan and back hugged him and dragged him to the bubble tea store. Right after practice, Sehun went to the bathroom for awhile before going back to practice room and dragged Luhan out.

“Luhan hyung~ Let’s go to… Eh? Where’s Luhan hyung?”, asked Sehun to Kai in the practice room where he couldn’t find Luhan.

“I saw him left with Kris hyung”/

“You did? Where did they go?”

“I’m not sure, perhaps to get some drinks?”

Sehun bewildered, didn’t understand what just happening. I told him to wait for me while I went to the bathroom and now he left?! With Kris hyung?. Disbelieved, Sehun dashed out of the building and straightly go to bubble tea shop. Right there, he saw Luhan with Kris sitting faced each other enjoyed their bubble tea. Luhan suddenly noticing the appearance of Sehun, waves his hand and signaling Sehun to come over and join them. Sehun didn’t know why but he full with anger. He felt his eyes getting hot and his sight was blurry as if there are big amount of water blocking his view. Ignoring Luhan invitation, Sehun turned away and walked back to the practice building as he felt the tears coming down.

 

After the practice, everyone gathered in a big room waiting for the announcement about their debuts. It was revealed that this new group will be called EXO and divided into EXO-K who will do activities in Korea and EXO-M who will do activities in China. Between 12 persons, there will be 6 persons each group. Everybody is busy chattering about where they want to be placed. Everybody is talking, except Sehun, with his mouth zipped staring straight to Luhan whit his arms crossed upon his chests. Look at that guy… Innocently laughing with others! What does he think he had done?! I can’t take it anymore!

“Luhan hyung, follow me outside for a while?”

“Why? What’s going on?”

“Just come with me”, said Sehun as he stood up from his seat and dragged Luhan with him along with everybody’s stare trailing them.

“What’s going on between those two? It seems serious. I’d never seen them in such a serious situations before. Ya, Baekhyun-ah, where do you think you will be placed?”, asked Chanyeol while he wrap his arm around Baekhyun’s neck who sit beside him.

“Anywhere is fine with me…”

 

“Ya, Sehunnie what’s going on? Why are you like this? Huh?”.

“Hyung, what is this? You still didn’t know what’s going on?! Do I have to tell you everything?! Can’t you figured it out by yourself?!”.

“What is it all about actually? Hyung really don’t understand, Sehunnie”.

“What was that earlier? Why did you go to bubble tea shop with Kris hyung?! Why did you leave me?! You didn’t even say a word before going! Why are you treating me like this Hyung?!”

“Is that it? Is that what was all about? Hahahahaha… Sehunnie, you are so funny! Ah, such a cute maknae”. Sehun could feel his eyes getting hotter and swollen. It started again, his sight getting blurred. He barely see Luhan who stand in front of him. Sehun couldn’t say anything. He was frozen in front of Luhan. Remain in silent.

“Sehunnie, what’s wrong? Why are you not saying anything at all? Are you mad at hyung?”

“True. I mad at hyung. Hyung are too much”

“What are you talking about Sehunnie? You made me nervous. Don’t be overreact about simple thing”, Luhan said while nervously laughing due to awkward atmosphere happening between them.

“I’m not overreact hyung. It’s just me. I though you’ve known me enough after a year we’ve been together”

“Don’t be such a childish Sehunnie… Hyung is sorry… “ Sehun startled after hearing Luhan words. Holding his breath, trying his best not to blinking so his tears won’t come down, Sehun slowly said…

“Yeah, that’s true. I was just a child. A kid. All this time you always see me as a kid don’t you? Ok, I got it now…”, after said that Sehun made his way back to the room where other members are, ignoring Luhan’s voice calling out his name. Right, I’m just a kid. Luhan hyung was right. He was right. And the tears come streaming down his face.

“Alright guys, now I will announce the members distributions both for EXO-K and EXO-M, are you guys ready?”

“We are Mr. Choi”

Everybody looked so excited except Sehun, who just sit silently and spacing out. Sehun’s behavior attracted Kai’s attention.

“Sehunnie, what’s going on? It’s been awhile since I saw your dark expression the last time. I though you’ve changed to brighter and playful person recently?”

“Nothing. Kai, I don’t feel good. I think I’ll go home first. Let me know about announcement later, ok”. As Sehun stood from his chair, he bowed to Mr. Choi who is about to read the announcement and leave the room.

 

Later that night, Sehun just lied in his bed. Tried to fall asleep. When he was about to drove off, his phone’s ring shocked him. It was a text massage from Kai.

Sehunnie, the announcement had been made. You belong to EXO-K together with me! Let’s work hard together in the future! Oh, here are the names of M member: Kris hyung, Xiumin hyung, Chen hyung, Lay hyung, Tao and Luhan hyung. We’ll have a farewell party tomorrow night for M members. You’ll come right? Let’s go together.

As if strike by thunder, Sehun startled after reading Kai’s massage. So, Luhan hyung will be leaving? To China? Without any command, his eyes started to get hot again. His sight once again blurred as he typed a massage to Kai.

Yes, let’s see if I could come tomorrow. He pressed the ‘send’ button as his tears once again come down in his face.