Meeting the Boys

Love on the Rocks

NORMAL POV

Eli and I climbed to the back seat of the van and Micha sat in the front with manager Woo. They were talking about rooms and such. I was about to ask if we were going to stay with the boys or get our own apartment when a soft buzzing in my pocket stole my attention. I checked my phone to see a message from my good friend Joey. 

-Joey - Hey I don't know I'f you will get this but I hope you have a really good summer and rest of your high school career.

I gasped softly. How'd he get my new number? And I wonder if he knew how much it would cost to keep texting me. 

-Me - Oh thank you^^ I will and it will cost a lot to text. We can use e-mail. [email protected] 

I slipped my phone back in my pocket and settled down for a ride into the part of the city we were staying in. 

As the van came to a stop Manager Woo handed me a sheet of paper.

"여기 여름 일정입니다. (Here is your schedule for the summer)" He said before handing one to Micha. 

I glanced down at it and realized it was in English. I smiled, I knew Korean fluently but I still had a little trouble reading things. 

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
All-BrkFt  All-BrkFt All-BrkFt All-BrkFt All-BrkFt All-BrkFT All-BrkFt
6-Church All-RHS All- RHS All-
RHS
All-RHS All- RHS Fan-Meet
Eli All-RHS All-RHS All-RHS All-RHS All-RHS Fan- Meet
Xander Meeting FREE FREE PRMT PRMT Variety 
Lunch Lunch Lunch Lunch Lunch Lunch Variety
Kevin Eli/Ex Eli/Ex Eli/Ex Eli/Ex FREE Variety
Kibum Eli/Ex Eli /EX Eli/Ex Eli/Ex FREE Lunch 
DongHo DongHo/Study DongHo/Study DongHo/Study DongHo/Study FREE Concert
SooHyun PIS RHS/3 PIS/ 3 6-Church Kevin/Voice FREE Concert
Kiesop PIS RHS/3 PIS/ 3 6-Church Kevin/Voice FREE Travel
All All Home/Free(All) Home/Free(All) Home/Free(All) HOME HOME

I stared at the schedule in shock. There was so much that these boys did. I glanced at the middle of it and saw Eli's name going all the way across most of my week. 

"실례합니다 매니저? (Excuse Me Manager?)"

"예 (yes)?" 

"내가 너무 엘리 작동  있을까요? (I was wonder why I work with Eli so much?)" I asked. 
 
"운동, 당신은 운동입니다. (Exercise, you are athletic)." he replied.
 
I nodded even though I knew he couldn't see me. 
 
"I'm guessing you don't want to work out with me?' Eli asked. 
 
ELI POV 
I didn't really want to know the answer because her eyes said no. 
 
"It's not that, it's just that I don't like lifting weights. I mean I'm pretty sure that's not all you do. You probably run and swim and stuff like that. Or maybe not swim. Can you swim? I like to run. Are you going to run?" She took a breath. "I'm rambling."
 
I laughed. "Yeah you are. And I do everything but swim. I know how to but I'm not that good."  
 
"Oh I am really good. You should let me help you! I'll help you improve your swimming and you can help me with running." 
 
I nodded and smiled at the way that she just took charge. I decided that she is a fun person but takes care of business. I laughed a little. Xander was about to lose his spot as the mom of the group. 
 
The sun had finally risen enough to light up the world around us. A ray of sunshine went through the window and landed on her arm. The sun made the russet color of her skin glow as if she were a part of the sun itself. It captured my attention for some reason. Sure I had seen Black girls before. I mean I did grow up in America. I also had a few Black friends so I was obviously used to skin that was darker than mine. So why was I so enraptured with her skin? 
 
I looked up at her face and had to grin. She was more excited than Kevin the one day we went to Lotte World, and he was really excited. I thought about which members she would become friends with quickest. 
 
Kevin was nice to everyone and loved meeting new people. He was also a handful sometimes,  but still really nice and he would probably capture her attention within seconds of meeting her. SooHyun was like the really bad dad of the group. He was also a bad example for DongHo, watching his in the openness of the living room, but he was also really fun to be around and never failed to make us all laugh with his stupid jokes and dangerous  funny pranks. Xander was the mom and loved everyone so I didn't need to worry about him not liking her. DongHo was at that age where he was in his own little world and did not really care to much about anyone besides himself. But that's a type B for you. 
 
Kibum and Kiesop were both really cool and didn't really find the need to bother anyone. Well except Kibum. It is his life mission to bother Kevin at least once everyday. It's really funny actually. 
 
Micha would probably get along with DongHo the best. From what I could see, she was really blunt and didn't put up with any crap. 
 
"Oh! Look at the roller coaster!" she squealed as we passed Lotte World. 
 
"Ugh, I hate those things." Micha said from the front seat. 
 
"That's because you are to short to ride anything." Imani said with a cute smirk on her face. 
 
Micha whipped around and glared at Imani, who then smirked again and turned to me. 
 
"Do you know what that was called?" she asked, effectively ignoring Micha. 
 
I laughed and nodded. "The Atlantis Adventure. One of my favorite rides." 
 
"We must go there before summer is over!" she said before bouncing in her seat a little. She then grabbed her iPod and started listening to it. She didn't have it turned up super loud, but seeing as how the van was extremely quiet I could hear what she was listening to. 
 
I could hear the opening sounds of an old BackStreet Boys song. For once I'm actually happy my big sister blasted them day and most of the night. 
 
I got her attention and she pulled out an earbud. 
 
"You like the BackStreet Boys?"
 
 
NORMAL POV
 
"You can hear this?" I asked, shocked that he recognized the song. 
 
"Yeah, it's "Shape Of My Heart,' Right?" he said, quite sure of himself.
 
I nodded, flabbergasted. Most boys couldn't tell 'N Sync from the BackStreet Boys and vice versa. 
 
"How did you know that?" 
 
"My big sister." He said calmly before grabbing the headphone I had in my hand and putting it in his ear. He slouched a bit and then closed his eyes. I simply did the same and was soon asleep. 
 
"You guys are home! Oh my gosh are these are new assistants? Hi! My name is Kevin!" was the first thing I heard when my eyes opened. I was lying on something extremely warm, soft and firm all at the same time. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and realized I was on Eli's shoulder. I jumped up and managed to earn a ... well what could only be classified as the male version of a squeal.
 
"Move Eli! I wanna say hi to her!" Kevin said as he literally shoved Eli out the van. 
 
He helped me out and then pulled me into a huge hug. I was still pretty sleepy so the hug was more unexpected that it would probably normally be. 
 
"Oh hey. I'm Imani and you are Kevin Woo. Wow hi!" I said. Perking up as if I had just had a big cup of coffee. 
 
"I know! Come on we need to get meet everyone else. And what's your little friend's name? She raced in because she had to pee... I think." 
 
I laughed. "Oh okay. Thanks, hey Eli do you want some-" I said as I turned around, bringing Kevin with me, because his arm was around me.
 
"Nope I've got it." he replied. And he literally did. He had my bags and one of Micha's in his arms and was walking quite calmly. Kevin led me to the front door and I was met with the overwhelming scent of boy. It didn't smell bad but just very powerful. 
 
Kibum cam racing out of a room, stopped in front of me, picked me up and then carried me to a couch. It happened so fast that I didn't really have time to protest. I was plopped on the couch next to Micha, who was as confused as I was. 
 
Xander literally came out of nowhere and walked up to us. "I'm soooo sorry about that. They haven't seen two pretty girls in a long time. So just ignore the stupid stuff for now, they will be back to their normal level of stupidity in about a week." 
 
Micha and I giggled and nodded to him. Eli sat down next to me and Kibum sprawled out on top of all three of us. 
 
I burst out laughing and started patting his back. Kiesop came out, looked at what was going on, then went to go sit on the chair across from us. Kevin and SooHyun came out of the kitchen arguing about who looked better as a blonde and DongHo was glaring at all of them. 
 
For some completely strange reason I felt right at home