Where Dreams Live

Love on the Rocks

ELI POV

I woke Imani up and helped her out of my lap. She pulled her hair into a ponytail and collected her things. The plane landed, making my ears pop as we quickly approached the ground. She grabbed her clipboard and then grabbed her headset so she and Micha could communicate. We all walked off the plane, Imani and I were last. 

I kissed her cheek and smiled at her. She smiled back with a huge smile then bouced off the plane. A blast of warm air hit me as soon as I got off the plane and I yanked off my cardigan or as Imani called it my pretty man jacket... that was a funny conversation. 

Screams filled the air and I smiled. There was nothing I loved more about being U-KISS than feeling the love our fans sent to us. 

IMANI POV

I smiled at the screams from all the girls and even a few boys were in the crowd. I was shocked to see so many peple here at 11:30pm Phillipines time. 

"Are you ready for another huge group of fans?" Micha asked. 

I nodded, staring at the boys as they signed all the papers shoved at them and smiled at even camera that was pointed their way. We walked over to them when suddenly my arm got grabbed.

"Are you the new assistants?" a gorgeous girl asked. 

"Yes, we are! Are you a big fan?" Micha said. 

"OMO yes! I adore U-KISS and finally raised enough money to go to a meet and greet! Can I have a picture with you two please?"

"Oh wow! Of course." I said with a huge smile. Micha and I crowded around her and smiled for the picture. 

"Oh my gosh thanks so much! Now to get a picture with Xander." She said with a determined voice. I glanced over at Xander and smiled. 

"One sec." I said before I ran over to Xander. 

"Oppa! Come with me!" I said when I reached him.

"Why, whats wrong?"

"Oppa!" I whined. 

"Fine," he said before following me. 

I led him to the girl and smiled at the look on her. "Xander this is huge fan of yours. And she would like a picture with you!" 

"Oh of course!" he said with a cute grin. "What's your name?"

"Kalea," she said.

Xander's eyes softened a bit. "Hi Kalea, I'm Alexander." 

He wrapped his arm around her waist and she looked like she was going to faint. Xander was smiling bigger than usual and his eyes were brighter than the sun.

"1, 2, 3, " I called out. 

"Thank you so so so so so sooooooooooooo much!" She said to Xander and I.

"You're welcome." Xander said. "Are you coming to our concert?"

Her face dropped, "I can't. My grandpa can't afford it."

Xander reached in his pocket and grabbed peice of paper. "Here, just show up to the concert and give this to security. They'll call me up to get you. But just you! Ok?"

I squealed silently and nodded to the girl. "O-oh mi gosh! Thank you so much!' She squealed. She grabbed the paper and tucked it in her pocket.

"See you in a few days." Xander said softly. 

"Bye." Kalea said with a huge smile. 

Micha was helping organize a huge group shot. Her voice suddenly popped in my ear.

"Bring Xander over so we can take a group shot for AllK-Pop." 

"Okay and gotta love AKP!" I laughed.

I led my portion of the crowd to the center of the plane runway and stood as close to Eli as I could without making it seem like we had a realtionship. He put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close but looked straight ahead. I smiled and looked at the camera. 

"SMILE!" someone yelled to us. A few flashes of light went off and a picture was taken for an AKP article. The bodyguards grabbed all of us and told us we needed to head out to the hotel and then the stage to practice. I walked next me Eli and smiled when he threw his arm over my shoulder again. But it looked less like a couple and more like an older brother and sister. 

Older Man POV

I was slowly walking across the runway over to where my grandaughter was standing with her friends. She had roped me into taking her to meet those Korean Kiss boys. She told me that it was a once in a lifetime chance and something good might happen. After the life she had, I just had to say yes. She lost her mother when she was very young and her father abused her until I was able to get custody. I'm actually surprised he hasn't found us yet though. 

Anyway I noticed a tall young man talking to my Kalea and a black girl next to them. I studied him, and smiled. He was that boy my Kalea was so in love with. The boy seemed pretty enamored with her too. 

Oh what is his name? Alan? No

Abe? no that is way off

Xander! Alexander, is the boys name. I glanced over at them and simply watched the group shot. The blak girl had on a shirt that read 'U-KISS ASSISTANT'. She nudged her way between another one of the members and a fan. He put his arm around her and pulled her close. Someone yelled smile and they took the picture. 

He let go of her as their bodyguards came over to them and pulled them towards the waiting cars. As they were walking the tall boy put his arm over her shoulder again. To any one person they would look like a pair of really good friends. But I could tell by the look on their faces, they were way more than friends. 

I walked as fast as I could over to them and tapped the boys shoulder. They turned around together and smiled at me. 

'Hi, my name is Kale and I was just wondering how long have you two been dating?" I asked at a normal voice. 

"shhh!" they said softly and in unison. 

"You can't tell anyone!" the girl said, her voice soft yet holding a gentle commanding quality. 

"Yeah, I'm not supposed to be dating my assistant. She could get fired and I could face serious consequences." The boy said, panic in his eyes. 

"No no no don't worry I promise. I'm not some gossipy old man. I just wanted to know. You two are a very attractive couple. I haven't seen an couple like this since ... the Korean War. Excpet it was always Black men and Korean women." 

"My Unlce was one of those couples," the girl said. "But they wouldn't allow him to bring his family back to America with him." 

"Oh that's terrible." I replied. "What are your names?"

The boy nudged her and nodded. "I'm Imani or Eun Mi."

"I'm Eli or Ellison or Kim Kyung Jae. Whichever floats your boat."

I laughed a little, "Well Imani and Eli I wish you two the best of luck in your relationship. And don't worry I won't tell a living soul."

The both smiled. "Thank you!" Imani said before leaning forward and hugging me. I lifted my tired arms to hug her back and smiled at her when we seperated. 

"Bye Mr." she said happily as Eli lead her to the Black truck idling a few feet away. 

"Bye!" I called out. 

I watched as they drove away and turned around right as Kalea was running up to me. 

"Grandpa you won't believe what happened to me!" she yelled before squealing a bit. 

"What dear?" I asked as we started to the car. 

"I met Xander! I met him and he gave me a free ticket to the concert in 3 days!" 

I smiled. "He seems nice."

"Oh he is! He~~" she continued to talk but I was listening without comprehending. My mind was still on the young couple that was so desperate to hide what they were in order to keep each other. It reminded me of me of myself when I was only about their age. Still a foolish young Fillipino boy who fell in love with a beautiful white girl. We tired and failed to keep our relatinship strong. 

Becasue in the end what others want often rules out what you want.

~~__~~__~~__~~__~~__~~__~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~___~~__~_~_~_~_~~~____~~~__~_~_

IMANI POV

Eli and I had to ride in the last car with all of our luggage, which meant we were going to be alone for a good 4 1/2 hours. The ride to the city alone took 4 hours and it took about 30 minutes to reach our hotel. As soon as I got in the car I got a text from Kevin.

Kevin- Don't do anything that you wouldn't do infront of the rest of us! =] 

Me- So... I can't take off my shirt for him? 

Kevin- NO YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!

Me- Kevin..I was joking. And I am no longer texting you. good bye  

I laughed a little and started to tuck my phone in my pocket when Eli grabbed it. He went to my messages and started laughing. 

"Kevin is an idiot." he said before he gave me my phone back. 

Eli pulled me over to him and then looked at the security in the front seat. 

"This is meant to be a threat, but if you tell anyone about us, I will figure out a way to make your life hell. Got it." 

I shivered a bit out of fright, because he sounded absolutely terrifying. 

"N-ne sir. We won't tell. Besides Ms. Tomaseu is very nice to us!"

"Yes, very nice! Why would we tell?" 

Eli nodded and then pulled me very close to him. 

"Ya know there is a limo screen is you want it put it." one of the guards said. 

"Yes, please!" I said, trying not to laugh at Eli tickling me. As soon as it was up completely he started tickling me more. 

I managed to get out his grip and move to the other side of the truck. I was lying on my back laughing when he climbed on top of me and put a finger to my mouth.

"shhh." 

I nodded, my eyes wide. WHAT WAS HE ABOUT TO DO?!

He moved his finger from my lips and kissed me as gently as a person could. He put one hand behind my head and the other on the seat next to me.

ELI POV

I had been wanting to kiss her for a good 5 hours now and I finally got my chance. She looked terrified when I climbed on top of her. I'm not sure why though.

My mind went back to the kiss and I smiled into it. She kissed back with a little more emotion and I did the same. I pulled away and smiled when I heard her whimper. Well not really whimper but she made a protesting sound. 

"No, fair. I have been wanting to kiss you for a while now and then you pull away." She said with a pout on her face.

"I do need to breath." I said before kissing her cheek.

"Your're a singer. It'll help improve your lung capicity." she said with a smirk. 

I laughed a little and kissed her again, and for the first time since I've ever had a girlfriend I haven't been tempted to wanna have with her just becasue we were kissing while laying down. Sure it was a very compromising position but Imani was to sweet and innocent for that. Something about her made me definitely wanna wait.

Speaking of compromising positions. I think this would be under the catergory of "Things we wouldn't do if the rest of the members were in the room." 

--------------------------_______________________________--------------------------------

Imani's naturally pinkish lips were red and her hair looked a mess. I'm sure my hair looked like a did not brush it that morning and I know for a fact my lips were red. We had been kissing for a good 30 minutes. Now I was streched out on the seat her flush to me. We were talking about whatever came to our minds and holding hands.

"You have a really big hand." 

'Or your hand is just really small." I replied. 

Our hands were palm to palm and her hand stopped at the middle of my pointer finger. 

"Okay, I'll give you that.. but you have big feet."

"Yeah, that means I have a big d-"

"OKAY! That's enough of that right there. So about those Yankees?" 

I burst out laughing. "You should've known I was gonna say that."

"Oh shut up." she said before kicking my foot a little. 

"Oh you wanna play footisies!" I said before trapping both her feet with mine. 

The more she tried to pull her feet away, the harder we both lauhged, and more I fell for her.