Meet Mercy

Love on the Rocks

IMANI POV

Eli knocked on the door and then walked in. 

 

"Hi mommy and daddy!" Mercy cried. 

 

She was sitting on DongHo’s lap with her face covered in ice cream. 

 

“Why does she have ice cream already?” Eli asked with a defeated look on his face.

 

“She asked for it.” Kibum replied with a grin.

 

“Our daughter is going to be the most spoiled child on the face of the Earth.” I said before rolling my eyes. 

 

“You can thank us!” Micha said before flipping her hair over her shoulder. 

 

“Thanks.” Eli said with a fake sense of enthusiasm. 

 

“Mercy, you’ll still need to take a nap later today. Just because your uncles gave you ice cream doesn’t mean anything. okay?” I said before grabbing the seat next to Kiseop. 

 

He leaned over and whispered to me. “Not to be weird, but how are you feeling?” 

 

I smiled gently. “Good. I was a bit sore this morning, but I’m better now. Thanks Seoppie.” 

 

He patted my leg and went back to eating his lunch. Eli sat down to talk with Manager Woo and I picked at at my lunch. For some reason I wasn’t really hungry. Mercy came to sit on my lap and she snuggled into me. 

 

“Mommy. Uncle Kevin snores louder than daddy.” 

 

I laughed and kissed her fat cheeks. 

 

“Oh I love you so much!” I laughed.

 

“Mommy, I don’t understand!” she complained. 

 

“You will one day. But I said that I love you so much.” 

 

“Will I learn to talk like you and daddy?” she questioned. 

 

“Of course! Everyone here will teach you.” I said before kissing her cheeks again. 

 

Manager Woo stood up and began to go over the schedules for the North American leg of the tour. 

 

“When we play in Ontario, Micha and Imani will get that weekend off to go spend time with their families. We have a week between Ontario and the next concert, so Eli you’ll be able to meet your in-laws. Make sure you guys work on your English greetings when we have free time. We want you to do well and impress CEO. If this tour goes well, we’ll include more stops in North America and possibly even South America.” 

 

Everyone began to cheer and clap. 

 

“Now enjoy lunch, everyone needs to be at the venue at 5:30! Is Mercy coming tonight?” Micha questioned. 

 

“Yes, I want to do a formal introduction and let fans know that I’m married.” Eli said excitedly. “I just cleared it with Manager Woo!”

 

“Okay awesome! I need to get her a really cute outfit to wear on stage!” Micha said before leaving the room. I knew that she was going to the closest mall she could find. 

 

At the venue - ELI POV

Imani was checking our outfits and clearing things with the stage hands. Mercy was following her every move and it was probably the cutest thing I had ever seen. 

I was supposed to be on stage but I pretended I needed to use the bathroom so I could see my girls. Before I could even say anything to Imani, she starting singing ‘You Are My Sunshine.” 

 

Her voice stopped me in my tracks. Mercy giggled and clapped. “Again mommy!” 

 

“You can sing?” I blurted out. 

 

Imani turned around. “Aren’t you supposed to be on stage rehearsing?” 

 

“Yes. You can sing! How come you never sang in front of me?” 

 

Imani laughed a bit. “I don’t know. I honestly usually don’t sing in front of people that can sing better than me. My husband and his closest friends are professionals!” 

 

“Yeah but you’re good. I have an idea.”

 

“The answer is probably no, but try me.” she replied while checking something off her clipboard. 

 

“When we introduce Mercy to the world, we should sing that song together. Me and you!” 

 

She rolled her eyes playfully. “Uhm let me think on it.” 

 

 

I gave her a back hug and kissed her cheek. “Promise?”

 

“Yes love.”

 

“Good.” I said before picking up Mercy. “Do you think mommy should sing tonight?”

 

“YES!” she screamed. 

 

I smirked at Imani and then kissed Mercy. “Well, daddy is off to bring home the bacon.” 

 

CONCERT - 3rd person POV

 

After we finished Someday, Eli stood in the center of the stage and silenced the crowd.

 

“Thank you so much for coming out tonight!” Screamed filled the arena again and he laughed. “We are so happy to be here tonight! Now there have been some rumors circulating that I want to address. The first is that I am married to my assistant. That is true. Man I love her so much.” 

 

Screams filled the arena yet again. Imani let out a deep breath at the fact that the fans were happy for them. 

 

“The other rumor was that I am a father. That is also true. Her mother and I dated when I was really young. She never told me about her and I met her only 2 days ago after her mom passed away. I love that little girl SO much. She's perfect in every way and my wife and I want you to meet her tonight. Is that alright?” he asked. 

 

Screams filled the arena again but this time, they were louder than anything the group had heard all night. 

 

IMANI POV

 

Eli motioned for us to come on stage. I took a deep breath, took the mic the stage hand gave me, smoothed the front of my dress and walked out hand and hand with Mercy. When she saw all the people, she immediately stopped walking. 

 

I crouched down to her level and asked her what was wrong. 

 

“That is too many people,” she whimpered. 

 

“You want mommy to hold you?” I smiled. 

 

She nodded and climbed into my arms. The audience let out a collective ‘awwwww’ as we walked over to Eli. 

 

“Hello everyone!” I said. “I’m Imani and this adorable girl is Mercy. She’s a little shy tonight though.” 

 

Cheers met me and I smiled hugely.

 

“Now, Imani and I are going to sing a song?” Eli questioned while looking at me.

 

I laughed. “Okay, you’ve convinced me.” 

 

Eli moved his mic and whispered something in Mercy’s ear. She nodded and climbed out of my arms. I held her hand and she gripped Eli’s. 

 

I started to sing and Eli harmonized with me. 

 

you are my sunshine, my only sunshine

you make me happy when skies are grey

you’ll never know dear how much I love you

please don’t take my sunshine away

 

Mercy’s smile was brighter than the stage lights that shone on us. Eli picked her up and we both hugged and kissed her. 

 

“We hope you enjoyed that! Thanks baby for coming out tonight.” Eli said before kissing me on stage. “Mercy be good for mommy until daddy is done. Okay?” 

 

She nodded and kissed her daddy’s cheek. “Yes daddy!” 

 

The audience laughed and then cheered for us as we walked off the stage. 

 

I gave the mic back and sighed. “Mommy is tired.” 

 

“Me too.” Mercy said before climbing on the couch and curling into a little ball. 

————————

The concert was over maybe 30 minutes later and since the meet and greet was before the concert, everyone was able to go straight to bed.

 

Once we got home, Eli put Mercy to bed and I went to our bathroom to brush my teeth. I the slipped out of all my clothes and climbed under the blanket. 

 

ELI POV

 

It took me maybe 5 minutes to get Mercy in her pjs and in bed but when I came back, Imani was already asleep. I took a quick shower, slipped on some boxers and then climbed into bed. I went to snuggle against Imani and it was then I realized she was sleeping . 

 

I rolled onto my back and stared at the ceiling. 

 

I groaned because I though wasn’t gonna get much sleep tonight. Then Imani rolled over and kissed me gently. 

 

"Looks like you're not getting any sleep either. I thought you were tired?" I questioned before kicking off my boxers.

 

"See, I was, but then this really hot guy climbed in bed next to me and I got a second wave of energy." 

 

I smiled and kissed her. Its nice to have a wife that is as as I am.