The Talk

Love on the Rocks

 

ELI POV

I kept Imani's feet trapped between mine and laughed softly at her useless attempts to free herself. 

"Come on, just let me go! I wanna cuddle!" she said as she tried to move my legs. 

"Oh alright," I said before letting her feet go. I sat up to stretch and she scooted over to me. She looked up at me, and then looked down with a sad face. 

"Eli," she sighed. 

"What's wrong babe?" I asked.

She looked up and the look on her face almost broke my heart. 

"We gotta talk. It's nothing really bad. But it's kinda been bugging me for a few hours."

"Oh okay, sure lets talk." I said. 

Imani crawled over and snuggled next to me. "Okay, I had this dream, on the plane and-"

"Were you an Egyptian Princess and was I an small village Korean man and did our parents wanna seperate us when they found out we were married?" I said really quickly. 

"No, well you were a prince and I was the normal person. Everything is kinda the same except there were mermaids with weird eyes in my dream." she replied. "My name was Eun Mi. Like the name you gave me!"  

"My dream, it felt familar. Like we were the people in my dream, like we weren't going to get the chance to be together." I said. "We were able to be together as one, for only one more night before they came to get us. Thats so weird, I picked that name becasue it felt familiar."

"As one?" Imani said.

I gave her a pointed look. 

"Oh! That's odd, in my dream we were having our honeymoon and the next morning your dad was kicking us out. You chose me over being a prince."

I was quiet for a second. "You, you don't believe in reincarnation do  you?" I asked. 

"No, but as soon as I met you I felt comfortable with you. Like I've known you for a good amount of time." Imani said. "I mean, it could happen. I've never really believed in it."

"I don't either. But we can't ever be 100% sure." I said, while playing with a small part of her hair. 

"But, if it is us in your dream, in a past life, wouldn't I remember or or have a random dream-like flashback?" Imani asked. I shrugged and pulled her even closer to me. The screen seperating us from the guards suddenly came down. 

"Are you guys hungry? The other cars are saying that they wanna stop for an early breakfast. You can either eat now. Or wait until after you guys are settled and can eat lunch in about 9 hours." one of the guards said. 

"Are you hungry?" I asked. She nodded softly and stuck her head into my chest. 

"Yes, what are we getting?" I replied to the men.

"Umm, the other cars want McDonalds."

"Okay, cool. just let us know when we get there." I said. The screen went back up and I leaned my seat back a tad bit. 

"Well, if we really are reicarnated. Maybe this will be the chance that we can actually keep our relationship. Because from what I am seeing is that we faced a ton of hardships and seperation. This time it has to work! I'm sure of it." I said.

"And it it doesn't?" Imani said.

"We will fight for us." I said, my voice holding a commanding quality that said that I was serious. "I've lost you before. I won't lose you again."