Replacement 101

Something Like, Bubblegum

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo stared at each other's surprised faces, panicking gestures all over them. They bumped in each other's heads and soothed their nervousness out together, breathing in and out and acted natural.

"What did the note say?" Kyungsoo asks, raising his hand up to his shoulder, giving way for Luhan to speak.

"Yeah. Like we know what the note is saying. Read it." Baekhyun follows, goggling his eyes at their dorm as each his fingers go round in circles at each other.

Kyungsoo, aghast from Baekhyun's obvious statement, obnoxiously stared at him and secretly landed a punch on his shoulders.

Luhan glares at the both of his friends  as he suspects something was going. They reacted on Luhan by looking down and away from his suspicious stare. He keeps his look out at he draws the note closer to his face, reading it and switching his eyes at Baekhyun and Kyungsoo at the same time.

"Hi, hyung! Meet me at the gate this afternoon. I'll take you out on a date. Don't fail me!"

"That was surprising, right Kyungsoo?" Baekhyun speaks up after Luhan finishes reading the note, tucking his hands in his sides.

"Yeah." Kyungsoo nodded, smiling awkwardly at Baekhyun. "You should, you know, show up." He transfers his look to Luhan, who seems to be unimpressed.

"You know this, don't you?" Luhan claims, bringing the note closer to their faces.

Both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun shook their heads vigorously, partnering it with their hands waving at the same speed. Luhan stood up and rolled his eyes, and went his way to the bathroom.

"I'm gonna prepare. Happy?" He says as he walks to the bath.

The two then giggled like little ladies and slammed their palms together. Their plan has succeeded, and they felt so much relief for fitting themselves out the tight hole—Luhan almost had their lies out of their stomachs.

Luhan comes out—wearing a blue button-up shirt and raw denim, his skin was brighter and face was younger than ever, seeing Baekhyun and Kyungsoo standing and waiting for him to finally get out of the bathroom. The two had so much happiness in their eyes and they were so proud of their friend's sudden change.

"Aww. You look amazing." Kyungsoo praised him, stepping closer to Luhan and brushing his hair up with his fingers. "You should dress up more often."

Baekhyun follows after Kyungsoo, scanning Luhan's face. "Are you wearing make-up? And is that mine?" Baekhyun pinches Luhan's cheeks, feeling his BB cream on it.

Luhan nods, flustered about his decision to wear some. "I thought it would make a change." He shyly muttered.

"Well." Baekhyun pouts and raises his brow. "You did well for a begginer." And praises Luhan for wearing his make-up well.

Kyungsoo pats Luhan's shoulder, dragging him to the door. "You should go now. I bet Sehun's there."

Luhan tries to grip on Kyungsoo's shirt, but the two pushed him out and closed their dorm shut. They weighted on the door, hearing Luhan banging and cursing on how he is nervous and unsure of what is going to happen.

"Everything will be alright, !" Baekhyun shouts, laughing, but then gets slapped by Kyungsoo.

"Learn to watch your word, Mr. Byun."

° ° ° °

Luhan finally reaches the outer area of the school, seeing the gate only a couple of feet away from him. He pulls out the note from his pocket, reviewing Sehun's detail in his invitation. He pushes it back in, and proceeded to sweeping his shirt and jeans with his fingers, aiming to look as neat as possible.

He looks around, only seeing the guard sleeping on his seat, a couple of trees, tons of cement walls and the iron gate. He sighs as he still doesn't see Sehun any where in the scene, hugging himself to keep him warm and relaxed.

"Hey." A voice suddenly appeared from his back, making him turn around quickly.

"Ah! Kris!" He shouts in shock, stepping back away from the figure. He found himself grasping his shirt, one of his knees bent—almost touching the ground—and his face of like whom who just visited the principal's office.

"Hey." Kris greets again, but this time in a lower tone, scratching the back of his head. "What's with the shock?"

"I was expecting someone but he wasn't here..." Luhan fixes his position as he tries to catch some breath. "And now I didn't expected you, you were here—I mean, I'm just—no, I—"

"You look good." Kris cuts off Luhan's stuttering sentence, looking straight in to his eyes. "I've never seen you so pretty before."

"W—what? Were you stalking me all the time?" Luhan asks, facing away from Kris' direct stare.

"What if I say yes?"

"Then you're creepy."

"Then you're really pretty."

Luhan's body went hot and cold, his fingers starting to shake. It wasn't him to act like this, like he was really affected by Kris' sweet words. But it was piercing on his skin, like something painful yet wonderful on the feeling. He doesn't have an eye for Kris, or anyone. What he wants is to move on, and the thought that Kris might be the one who is holding his ity is a possible reason for him to hit on him, or any guy Baekhyun and Kyungsoo offers.

Luhan remained silent and didn't mind Kris dragging him away to wherever he is taking him to—completely forgetting about Sehun.

It was obvious to Luhan that he is supposed to flirt and to know and ask things for his investigation, but looking in to Kris' eyes was difficult to do. He never looked in to anyone's eyes unless it is a close friend, or his parents. The way that he wanted to be isn't clear enough for him to do, he can't flirt and he knows it. He is pushing himself in to a train approaching, and the decision to stay or to jump away is fighting in his mind.

° ° ° °

"Hey, Kris."

"Yeah?" Kris brightly approached Luhan's call, feeling great as the latter now speaks.

"Thanks for taking me out."

Kris smiled, looking down back at the menu he was scanning on. "Well, it's just a dinner. And I wanted to be friends with you."

Luhan looks up to Kris, and saw a different ambience surrounding him. "Why?"

"I wanted to help you." Kris looks up to him, and the moment was between the two of them.

"Help me in what?" Luhan avoids looking at him, and transfers to browsing the menu. Seafood, think about seafood, Luhan.

"I know about it. I know everything, I guess." Kris reveals, sliding his hand closer to Luhan's. "I know you are troubled, and you just forced yourself to be with me tonight. But Luhan—"

Luhan listened to the silence—the accented voice of his clings in his suffering mind—his body flowing like air at the clinch of Kris' pause. Kris slowly grabs the older one's hands, filling the spaces of their hands together.

"I wanted to ask if you'd let me help you forget about it."

 

"I don't understand."

 

"My mind has been telling me it's impossible for you to find that guy, so the only way for you to move on is to forget him."

He slowly blinked his eyes in multiple sequences, looking at Kris' sincerity. Those words he just heard felt like the taller one could see through to his soul, it seemed like he painted out his feelings in a colorful palette. That gave a faint hope in Luhan's heart, and his mind think that Kris' point might be right.

"Thanks for everything."

"Thanks for everything too. I never thought I'd be able to take a Luhan to a romantic dinner."

"W—why?" Luhan blushes, rubbing his cheeks in secrecy.

"Everyone's rooting for you. It's a great opportunity to have you with me for one night."

He waves his hand to Kris, who started walking away after leaving Luhan a smile. Everyone's rooting for you, those words from Kris repeated in his mind, in which he wonders the meaning of it. He breathes in the fresh air from outside, raised up a smile on his face and went in to their dorm.

 

"Hey, baby boy!" Baekhyun greets him in surprise, his hands up in the air, ready to land a hug on him.

"Hi, how was your date with Sehun?" Kyungsoo speaks from afar, who was busy at their small kitchen.

 

"It wasn't Sehun who I went out with."

 

"What!?" Baekhyun pulls away from his hug, cupping Luhan's face. "Who is it then!?"

"Kris." He carefully pushed away Baekhyun's hands from him, and walked to his bed. "I didn't see Sehun, and Kris was there and he took me to a restaurant and we had dinner."

"You use too much 'ands'."

"Did you informed Sehun?" Kyungsoo asks, wiping his hand on his apron, walking to Luhan's spot.

"No. I didn't see him."

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo gave a worried look to each other. "I'd go and check out on him." Baekhyun said, grabbing his jacket from the edge of his bunker. He walks out, and Kyungsoo and Luhan had a little talk about what happened.

° ° ° °

"Knock, knock." Baekhyun onomatopoetically speaked, his hands too tired from getting out his jacket's pockets.

There wasn't any answer from the other side of the door, so he checked if Sehun's room was open. It was, so he let himself in slowly. He checked the dark room, and the other bunkers were empty except Sehun's.

"Sehun." He normally speaks after closing the door, walking to his bed.

He pulls away the blanket covering Sehun, and saw him tha he was already in his pajamas. "Sehun!" He repeated, but in a louder voice.

Sehun freaks and wakes up immediately, seeing Baekhyun in his sleepy eyes. "Why are you here?"

"Did this happen because of you waiting for Luhan all day at the gate?"

"What?"

"Oh no." Baekhyun stampers the head of Sehun's bunker. "Glad you forgot it." He then sighs and made his way out of the door.

"Baekhyun, wait, why?" Sehun, finally realizing he slept all day and forgot about his date with Luhan.

"He went out with someone else instead. Stupido."

Sehun looks at his hands, guilty of being such a slouchy person. He screams there and about as Baekhyun leaves him alone in his room. Words of dismay and foulness went out of his mouth—what a bad choice to set up a date in the afternoon, as he knows he sleeps the most on afternoons.


A/N: So happy I managed to do an update tonight! I thought I had a serious writer's block lately, but I somehow got over it (but there was still a sting of it in my writing mind) so I hope this chapter is okay alright with you guys. Anyways, I need to sleep, school tomorrow! Thank you again guys, we are at 1500+ reads. I love you all so much~