445

Something Like, Bubblegum

"I couldn't figure it out at first, but they somehow have it here."

The pastry shop was quite occupied, with customers at all sides. Long counters and orange and wood ambience, with a sweet jazz playing on the background as people enjoyed their food. They don't only sell bread, cupcakes and pies, they also have a wide range of pastas, pizzas, sweets and more than you can imagine. Looking at the display shelves is enough to make you starve, everything's vibrant and tasty, looks well-baked and yummy.

The shop is very well known, for as it is called 455, or fourthy-five five. Some says that the reason why it is called that way because the company started with four hundred fifty five won, selling only breads of few varieties. And it grew successful in to a big and famous pastry shop.

"What 'it'?" Kyungsoo asked the certain thing Baekhyun was mentioning.

Baekhyun faced the counters, turning his legs to the left side of his seat. He looked around, moving his head from left to right in a quick phase. As he stopped, he pointed out with his finger something on the display shelves. Kyungsoo and Luhan glared at what was it, still not knowing what Baekhyun is trying to aim for.

"Raspberry pies."

Luhan gasps, looking away from the pie like it was a monster to him. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun rotated back to the table and looked at each other.

"But I thought Luhan said it was a bubble gum the guy was chewing."

"I thought too." Baekhyun agreed. "But when you come to think of it, it sounds nothing far from each other when chewing it. Their raspberry pie is quite elastic, like the jam on top is thick and chewy. And it does smell sweet."

"When did you know about this?" Luhan asks, looking straight at the surface of the table.

"When we went here the other day. I wasn't sure at first, but I did a logical thinking to make sure my guess is acceptably right."

Luhan, slowly turned his sight to Baekhyun's eyes. "How does that change the raspberry pie from the bubble gum evidence?"

"Well..." Baekhyun hums for a moment, looking around the shop. "Not much orders the pie, and there's one staff on the counter... Maybe..."

"The staff?" Kyungsoo asks. "Well, the guy who did it with you might have eaten the pie before the incident. The bar's one block away from here."

Luhan searched the counter, staring at the staff on it. He looks closely, seeing a guy below his height, hair in dark orange, and cheeks that are quite puffy. He sighed as he think that Baekhyun's theory was right, he stood up and walked over the counter.

"Hi." He greeted—body shaking in an uncomfortable matter—as he approaches the counter.

"Hi, sir. May I help you?" Luhan approached him in the other side of the counter, so he greeted back in a way that he thinks Luhan needs assistance. Luhan overlooks him, saw his name tag saying, Minseok.

"Uh.. Minseok." He mentioned the name in a low voice, lips opening in small gaps. "Can I ask something?"

"Sure, sir."

"What food will you recommend to a newcomer in this shop?" He asks, placing his hand over the glass of the display shelves on his right.

"I suppose it is you, sir. Well, I'd really recommend freshly baked breads and pies."

Luhan got alarmed by his answer, as pie was being one of it. "What specific type of pie?" He looked closely to Minseok, his eyes staring at his lips, waiting for it to open and speak out.

Minseok, his lips in a way of habit, and looked straight to Luhan's eyes. His smile crooked as he leaned over and rested his arms on top of the display shelf Luhan was looking on. "Raspberry."

Luhan winced, his ears burning up as same as his body. He was unconsciously blushing, all he could do was to look away and stare at his shaking hands.

Painting Minseok's face in his memorization of the night he lost his ity, it could've been really him. His hair wet with sweat and their sticking in to of his forehead, hands buried deep down his back, clinging in to his force as he s Luhan in velocity. Luhan couldn't imagine anything else than Minseok's pleasured expression all over his poor innocence.

"Luhan, you're drunk." Minseok says, chewing his raspberry pie that he got to take home from work a while ago.

"No, I—I'm not." Luhan swiveled around Minseok, running his ring finger in his shoulders.

"Are you teasing me?" Minseok asks, smirking at what Luhan was doing.

"No—Minhyuk. I don't even know your name."

Minseok lets out a short laugh, standing up from the stool he was seating on, wrapped Luhan around his waist and went their way out of the bar in to a private place of his. As they arrived, Minseok threw him to his bed, quickly switches from ing his shirt and Luhan's.

"What are you doing?" Luhan asks tipsly, still holding a bottle of whiskey Minseok handed him over lately. He knows he doesn't drink, but something was bothering inside him that made him do it.

Minseok quickly goes down to him, and as he pulled Luhan's pants off, he started kissing him. Luhan tries to push him away, but his strength was all drown in alcohol.

 

Luhan, snap it off!

 

He snaps out of his reverie, shaking his head to shrug off his unpleasant imagination. He was scared because he wasn't sure of what word he was going to say next. Baekhyun noticed that, so he rushed over and saved Luhan out of the picture, pushing him gently to take his position.

"M—Minseok." He carelessly read the staff's name tag.

"Yes, sir?" Minseok fixed himself up. "May I help you?"

"Did you ever had before?" Baekhyung throws the question without any doubt, shocking both Luhan and Minseok. Luhan was pulling him away, embarassed of what his friend just asked, but Baekhyun resisted to stay and know the staff's answer.

"Uh—Well." Minseok stutters, unable to congregate his thoughts and emotion of shock.

"Answer me!" Baekhyun shouted furiously, his sudden loud demand attracted a few people at the scene.

"N—​no, sir. I'm sorry, no. Not yet. Or ever." Minseok quickly answered, frightened by Baekhyun's scary aura.

"Well, thank you then." Baekhyun left, pulling Luhan by the wrist. He walked over Kyungsoo and the three of them started to walk out of the shop.

"You scared the crap out of that staff, Baek." Kyungsoo, somehow served a praise to Baekhyun for asking such brave question.

"That's the only answer we needed, right, Luhan?" He clarifies, raising one of his brow as he looks to Luhan, who seemed to be troubled.

"That's just ." Luhan follows, looking displeased by what happened.

"Why?" Kyungsoo asks, covering Baekhyun's mouth before he could contradict Luhan again.

"I almost thought he was the one, and I almost thought it was going to be done." Luhan repressed. It really could have been done if Minseok was the one, but even Minseok was the one that he had slept, it wouldn't be his choice to be his boyfriend. He had a little wish in his mind that it has got to be someone. Minseok looked nice and modest, and Luhan couldn't pay to believe in what he thinks. But he had a hope, and bittersweetly, his belief isn't the answer.

They returned to their dorm and made their way to their beds, the night was already hanging up on the sky, stars started forming a beautiful picture. The moon was on its crescent, making the place anywhere slightly dark. Luhan slept with empty thoughts in his mind, but the eager to get everything what he want in his hands bothers his heart. 

° ° ° °

"Well, that's for today." Baekhyun's voice surfaced the small empty room, the sound was hard to determine if it is going to echo or not.

"Make sure you'll say hi to Luhan hyung for me." Sehun leaves a favor—his hand full of school materials—before standing up and walking out of the room. Baekhyun nodded in response, raised his leg on the table and relaxed himself.

As Sehun opens the door, a tall guy was standing in front of him. Not just tall, but quite attractive. His ears were large as his eyes, lips formed a perfect curve in his face, face was edgy yet it rounds up in a smooth seam. He was wearing a cap, a frivolous dress code that a student would, but he just wears it perfectly well... well, for Baekhyun's eyes.

Sehun spoke a few words to the tall guy, facing back at Baekhyun. "Sonsaengnim, I want you to meet Chanyeol."

Chanyeol, the tall guy, waved at Baekhyun and offered him an up-to-ear smile. Baekhyun quickly propped himself in a proper position and waved his little fingers back. Sehun and Chanyeol immediately left after, closing the door in front of him.

Baekhyun, calm yourself. He said to himself, clenching his heart by his shirt. He could feel his face burning hot red, and he started sweating in an air-conditioned room. Baekhyun quickly stood up and peeked in a small space he made at the door, and watched Sehun and Chanyeol walking at the long hallway. He closes the door after, pushing himself to it and pulling himself downward dramatically—or we call it, walling.

Luhan panics at the same hallway, trying to find where Baekhyun was. He was asking random students he pass by where he was, some says they don't know, and some directed him in the wrong place.

"Have you seen Byun Baekhyun? He's small, and has a—"

"Ah, yes." The student he asked answered immediately, breaking his words of description.

"Where is he?"

"At the student lounge." The student answered, and as soon as Luhan heard it, he started running away.

"Hey!" The student calls him one last time. He walks closer to Luhan, trying to get a close up of him. "You're Luhan, right?"

"Y-yeah. And you are?" Luhan entertained the student, yet his feet was visibly stomping, wanting to run away.

"I'm Oh Sehun. Baekhyun's student." The student, Sehun, happily introduced himself to Luhan. He erected his hand out for a hand shake, and looked in to Luhan's eyes.

"Nice to meet you, and good luck." Luhan didn't took notice of his gesture, instead he smiled and ran away.

Chanyeol came closer to his friend and tapped his back. "That's a try." He joked. "It's a good thing you introduced yourself."

Sehun lowers his head and looked at the hallway tiles, and as Chanyeol wrapped his arms on his shoulders, the both started walking away.

° ° ° °

", ! Why can't this door open?" Luhan opens the student lounge's door in force, only  being able to push a small amount to fit in. He continued pushing and pushing until he heard moans inside the room.

"Byun Baekhyun!" He shouted from the door, thinking that Baekhyun might be in to something again.

The moans got louder, Luhan already furious of what he is hearing. "Baekhyun, open this door!"

"Ah!" Baekhyun appears as he opens the door, sending Luhan to the ground face first. "That really hurts! I was behind the door and you kept pushing. Are you trying to kill me!?" He shouts, helping his stupid friend up. "What is it anyway?"

Luhan sweeps his uniform with his hands in a vigorous manner. He looks at Baekhyun after, putting both of his hands in his pockets.

"We have a new suspect."


A/N: Here's another update. It's quite crappy, because there are some scenes I just can't express properly. But I hope you still can enjoy and understand it as I tried hard to make it simple. XD Next suspect on the next chapter/s. Thank you everyone for the 900+ reads on the first three days of this story. I am really overwhelmed, and really really happy. Thanks again!