It's Sweaters Then

Something Like, Bubblegum

Sehun roams his eyes around the mall; standing outnumbered by the count of people and the glimmering lights of polished walls and reflective mirrors. He digs in for the deepest sigh he could get, and flashes a smile like he was ready to face the day. Well, actually the day after; Luhan's birthday.

He slid himself off Sunday school, and gave the softest kiss on bed linens and sleeping beauties. It was yesterday when he thought of giving his hyung something that he would really be surprised of. It is his first chance to celebrate his birthday, so he's in to making it very special. He walked around, sight seeing stalls and shops. Apparels there, large stuffed toys here, flowers everywhere.

It feels cold, and it has been years since Sehun entered a mall. Not that he is poor, or just doesn't have the standards to be in such public place; he's not the type of person who would go to a mall and shop. It has never been his craft, and now he is having a big trouble on what he will get for Luhan, and getting lost is a plus. He scratches his head in sounds of noised friction and hair strands overlapping, still averting his eyes from one window view to another.

"Does Luhan hyung likes Chanel? Maybe Gucci? Or Louis Vuitton?" He asks himself, peeking inside the luxury store. "I bet he doesn't like expensive stuffs. That's burdensome."

"Maybe I should call Baekhyun." He tells himself, grabbing his phone from his pocket. He dials in digital tones and sends the device by his ear, waiting for the other line to pick up.

"Sehun!" Baekhyun's gleeful voice popped up, shocking Sehun.

"Hey, hyung. Where are you now?"

"I'm at the student lounge. Nothing to do."

"Are you with Chanyeol?"

"Nope." Baekhyun denies, then silence blankets him.

"Yes, I'm with him." A deep voice interrupted though, and Sehun could hear loud slaps on the background.

"Why did you call anyway?" Baekhyun returned, more of irritated in his tone.

"It's Luhan hyung's birthday tomorrow. Do you know what he really want for his birthday?"

Baekhyun loses an answer, but he was in deep thinking. Sehun hears hums and sighs, deep-voiced coughs and possibly fingers rubbing on sharp chins and furrowed foreheads.

"Aha!"

"What is it?"

"Luhan really likes sweaters. You should buy him one."

"Isn't that a little too plain?"

"No. Sweaters are Luhan's life. Okay? That's all, bye."

Baekhyun drops the calls and Sehun was left deprived. Though he dials a number again; the second reference he could depend on.

"Hi, Sehun."

"Hi, hyung. What are you doing?"

"I'm cooking. So make it fast."

"Oh, okay. But, are you with somebody?"

"No one." He denies, and his fading voice got replaced by sizzles of oil.

"Nope, Sehun. He's with me. Kai." A familiar voice interrupted though, and Sehun could hear steel clanking on the background.

"What is with the call anyway?" Kyungsoo returned, more of irritated in his tone.

"It's Luhan hyung's birthday tomorrow. Do you know what he really want for his birthday?"

Kyungsoo loses an answer, but he was in deep thinking. Sehun hears hums and sighs, funny mumbles and possibly s spatula rubbing on smooth non-stick surfaces and marble collages.

"Aha!"

"What is it?"

"Luhan is in to sweaters. No seasonal exceptions. Hot or cold, he would have a sweater on."

"Isn't that a little too plain?" He states for the second time around.

"No. Sweaters are Luhan's life. Okay? That's all, bye."

Kyungsoo drops the calls and Sehun was left concluded. With no more numbers to dial; he made a decision. It's sweaters then. He walks back to the shop where he saw lots of sweaters; Chinese brand and every single piece were options. It got harder and harder to pick, his palms and lousy fingers gliding from cashmere to soft wool as he wanders around the racks. He didn't know what color or what style he was going to pick. But he tries his best to choose the best among the rest.

He then finds one, that looked the most special. It had a bright teal base with a slight brown undertone, with a logo of a deer stitched on the left side of the bust. It was perfect; he could already imagine Luhan wearing it. He rushes to the counter and pays for it, and then visits the wrapping stall he walked by lately and got it in to a nice, red and ribbon-ed box.

He deeply sighs again, back to the starting point where he was at a few hours ago. There were questions and doubts behind his light breathings, but he hopes the best for Luhan to like his present. He then pushes it in to his backpack and went out of the mall. Mission accomplished it is.


A/N: Hello! This is a good start for the next chapter; somewhat a drabble of Sehun buying a present. The long chapters will start with the next update, and the next update would be like... next week or something. I'm not busy or anything... I'm just not in the mood. I got this writer's block and everything bad. Though I don't want to give up on this story (I will never), I still find it hard to do updates. But I will work on the next update for a long process, so it will be good. I hope my efforts will pay off. Thanks for reading ♥ 

ok4xgl_th.gif

(posters, reviews, etc.)