Finding The Cracks

Something Like, Bubblegum

Luhan and Sehun both had their hands tied tight as they waited for the announcement that everyone is also waiting for. The Algebra teacher scans their assignment sheets for the last time, and the fact that he was wearing his glasses added to the terrifying factor. Their Algebra teacher never wears glasses unless he has to look deep down; their possible mistakes were on the edge.

The students watched him form diagonal lines on some papers, but most were circles of his red ballpoint pen. Everyone was watching closely, everyone was sweating excessively. The confidence capacity of the class was sub zero and no one knows what to expect from their works.

After about half an hour of checking, the teacher stood up and heavily sighed. "I've got the results." The students gawked after hearing that, all are seating and hoping with their partners.

 

"The highest graded assignment sheet are from—"

 

He smiled at himself, and he smiled at his partner. They couldn't believe that it was true, making the teacher repeat the names that he said. And there he was, widely smiling and gratefully receiving his checked assignment sheets. The class applauded at them, as much of them was impressed for them to get a perfect score.

 

"Congratulations to Luhan and Sehun."

 

Sehun watched Luhan celebrate for their success, even he was very happy for them, but he couldn't hide the fact that he is still devastated by the experiences together. Luhan looked at him happily, though Sehun gave him a slight smile, he suddenly got worried of him. His joy tuned down, looking at his legs and feeling guilty as ever.

 

"Bye to you two. Congratulations again!" One of their classmates said as he joined the others on heading out of the door. They were left alone in the room, Luhan begged for Sehun to stay for a talk.

"Sehun, are you still on what happened the last time?" Luhan dolently asks, holding his cold hands together. He didn't exactly know what he did, but he was sure that he was the one who turned Sehun in to this changed person.

"No." Sehun mumbles, his head dropped to his chest, avoiding Luhan's sight.

"I'm sorry, Sehun. But I never knew I'd hurt you in any way. And—actually, I am here to thank you. For bringing me back to our dorm." He then grabbed his bag to pull out a shirt, which he though Sehun owns.

 

"Here."

 

Sehun shakily reaches for it, his face still hidden from the other.

"I'm really sorry for bothering you, Sehun. I'll go now. You can go now too." He stands up, not knowing if he disclosed the problem. He couldn't stay any longer, he thinks Sehun's difference is unbearable.

"Luhan." The younger one slowly pronounced, making Luhan turn back to him.

"Why don't you love me?"

"I—I'm sorry, what?"

Sehun fists his desk, standing up and leaving the room as he sling his bag at his shoulders. He was so grim, storming out of the room without a word. Luhan was left petrified, believing that he made something wrong again. He slams himself to the nearest wall, slapping himself hardly.

"Stupid." He degrades himself, his heart feeling heavy and burdened. He doesn't know why he feels that way, but seeing Sehun so cold and so offscouring brings him to intense fear that he wouldn't be able to handle. He spreads his thoughts out of his mind, finding the most possible reason that brought this situation to life.

As he wanders his eyes around the room, trying to keep his emotions in, he noticed that Sehun left something in his desk. It was a notebook, and probably he barely noticed that he left it after storming out. Luhan grabbed it and placed inside his bag, and just decided to go out of the room for some fresh air.

 

"Baekyeon? Kyeongsoh?" He called them in endearments, he wanted some company at the very moment. He searched the whole dorm, and didn't saw any sign of them. He went up to the post board, and discovered that Baekhyun and Kyungsoo has Marketing classes today. How he wishes he attends classes too instead of slacking around, because his mind gets occupied by things he doesn't want to think of.

He throws himself on his bed for seat, propping his arms behind him and grasping his soft, white sheets. He looks out of the window, yawning and inhaling the air coming inside. He was spacing out, though he wasn't sleepy. Suddenly, it came to his idea to look at Sehun's notebook, grabbing his bag and pulling it out.

He flips from page to page, pronouncing the words written.

 

Sehun's diary. Stay out.

 

He giggles a little, finding the first page cute and childish.

It was entries from seventh grade, noticing the dates on each of them. He quickly paced from grade to grade, and would stop on one page to read.

Hi Diary,

Looks like I am here again. I just want to share a short story. I was out on the ice cream stand by the gate when someone really adorable caught my eye. I thought he was just going to pass by, but he stopped at the stand and bought ice cream. I was staring at this guy who seems to be the same grade as I am; he's very pretty, too pretty for a boy. He's a little bit small because I stand taller than him, his eyelashes are long and his smile looks very precious. He order mint, and as he left and went back to the school, I quickly ordered mint too. It's like an indirect kiss.

Luhan found himself internally screeching, like he was really affected by the cute romantic monologue. He switched to another page and continued reading.

Hi Diary,

I found out the guys name, and he is Lu Han. Dormmates with my tutor, sonsaengnim Baekhyun! I am really happy right now, because I am somehow connected with him. I wonder what he is doing right now. His cute face can't get out of my brain. I also found out many girls and guys likes Luhan hyung; bummer. But then, I will try to win his heart. I will! I will with so much persuasion! Wish me good luck.

He blushes at what he read, now confirming that Sehun indeed, really, really likes him.

Hi Diary,

We've been attending a lot of classes together. Especially Algebra. Even though I really hate Math, I will do my best because Luhan-hyung is at that class. I can't contain myself every time I see him. I even made a deal with our Algebra teacher to challenge me so I could do well with Luhan. I feel really good today.

Sehun's entries started sinking in him; Luhan feeling uneasy of rejecting him. Speaking of that, he flipped on pages, finding if he has an entry about what happened to them at the student lounge.

Hi Diary,

I don't know. I don't want you to feel my sadness. Looking back at my old letters for you, it was all happy moments. I am sorry to share you this, but I got somehow rejected. We were assigned to do assignment sheets on Math, and I was truely happy because of that. But then as I tried to confess my feelings for Luhan-hyung, I ended up getting dumped. Maybe I was too pushy... But that was the only way I thought I could be true to him—I did my best to be entirely honest. I hope this sorrow ends easily. I want to see him again smiling at me, I want to feel happy beside him again.

It all started flashing back in his mind, his rejection was the reason. He couldn't believe that, but he was just trying to shake Sehun away. He thought he loved Kris at that time, and he thought Sehun was just a piece of disturbance. Though he know that Sehun is a good person, he couldn't just let him easily in his life. If he does love him, it wouldn't be in an immediate.

Luhan blenches in his sheetsguilt, ignorance, severe pain: all of that started growing in his heart. He didn't know what to do, but he have to act like he didn't know anything. If Sehun found out that he was reading his diary, that might worsen their situation. He promise himself to fix the cracks on their connection, as he closes his eyes and drifted away with the silent afternoon.


A/N: Oh great, yes. I managed to write it throuuuugggghhhh~ Yay yay yay, Nathan is glad. :) Hello readers! Thank you again so much for the comments, subscriptions and upvotes. Please continue supporting. I appreciate it so much and that is what keeps me going. I'm finally Luhan solved the puzzle, though he did it in a bad way (sneaking at other's privacy). Let's hope everything turns out right, and pretty good for our favorite couple! ♥ Have a nice day. *sets kisses on the air*