Rooftop Romance

Something Like, Bubblegum

"Hyung, meet me at the roof top this afternoon. I'll be waiting."

 

Kyungsoo woke up in a sudden flash of sunlight directed in his face, somehow the windows letting in the strong brightness in the dorm. He never got the chance to switch beds with Luhan or Baekhyun, so it happens to him every day. It was silent, and the only thing he hears was the wind and the chirping birds.

He propped himself up and sat on the bed, rubbing his eyes with the end of his sweaters. He brushes his hair up from covering his sight, and saw a piece of paper on the head of his lower bunker. The note was facing away, though he could see the writings on backward, and below says something like 'aiK'.

 

Kai.

 

, he curses and rushes out of his bed to look at the note. His eyes and mouth formed an 'o', sending him straight to the bathroom. He knew he had no classes today, but one, and it is English. And English class will be on the evening, because the teacher would be arriving late from his province. It was already three o' clock in the middle of the afternoon, that's why he can't hold a breath right now.

He runs upstairs to the corridor, and quickly entered the roof top. He saw white blankets blowing with the wind, and realized it was the wash day for the clinic. He slowly walked closertrapping himself in flowing fabrics touching his face and wrapping around his body.

After getting through it, he saw Kai sitting at the edge of the concrete fencing, both of his hands secured on his back as he views a panorama of the city in front of them.

Kyungsoo took steps closer to Kai, his feet producing sounds from rubbing against the solid floor. Kai notices it quickly, as he faces back at him and jumps back to the ground.

"Kyungsoo hyung!" He cheerfully greeted the latecomer.

"I'm sorry, I'm late. I just woke up though." Kyungsoo explained, looking down at dust and greys below his feet.

"No need to explain." Kai reached over for Kyungsoo's shoulder, and the smaller one seems to be caught off guard. "Waiting for you isn't a bad thing."

Kyungsoo flinches, his cheeks brushing in heat despite of the breeze passing through their skin. Kai places his hands back again and started walking back to the fences.

"Why did you call me here anyway?" Kyungsoo asks, following Kai.

"I just wanted to see you." He answers, looking at Kyungsoo as he approaches to his side.

"That's it?" Kyungsoo questions, even though it was really flattering, he wanted to know a deeper reason than that.

"Not really." Kai teases him. "May you turn around for a little while?" He asks, twirling his finger on top of Kyungsoo's small height, smiling.

"Of course—okay." Kyungsoo stutters in response, and faced the emptiness at his left side.

"I bet you haven't seen it yet, but the teacher released a ranking for the English class yesterday before he left." Kai started speaking, making Kyungsoo eager to face back, but he'll do it once Kai commanded him.

"Congratulations." In a proud tone, those words came out of Kai's mouth, sounding like music to Kyungsoo ears. He turns around and saw Kai holding a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates, covered in clear plastic, dark browns and gold, guessing it was a Ferrero bundle, in his hand—he couldn't believe much of what he was seeing.

"You're ranked number one." Kai follows, making Kyungsoo even more surprised. He suddenly thought that he didn't expected over passing a language native like Kris, it was clearly impossible for him to top up in English class. But all he know in his mind that he worked hard, and pushed himself because of Kai's little motivation. His thumbs up and beaming smile flashes in and out of his mind, and it makes every class—not just in English—feel lighter on his shoulders.

"It's because of you." Kyungsoo mumbles.

"What?"

"Nothing. I just can't believe it."

"What is that you can't believe?" Kai lowers down the gifts he was holding, and transferred his arms to Kyungsoo's shoulders.

"Well, I—"

"You're smart, and amazing, and fantastic, and really really adorable. You're very hardworking, and I idolize you for being such a person of those traits. " He said praises to Kyungsoo unorganized, but he tried his best to cheer his little friend up. "And I..."

"And I?" Kyungsoo repeats Kai's last words, as Kai seemed to have spaced out.

"I—I like you." His hands slowly grips away from Kyungsoo, his head facing away from him. Kyungsoo, shocked by Kai's revelation, stood still, yet his face was of an unexplainable expression. He stares at Kai with his round donut eyes, thinking how adorable this guy is from being shy after revealing his feelings to a person like him, who supposedly must be more agitated.

"Well..." Kyungsoo hums in a long line, looking down at Kai's feet. His mind was going in a debate, not knowing what to say from between yes and no.

"I like you too." Kyungsoo reveals out of the matter, his hand visibly shaking. "I guess."

Kai smiled, Kyungsoo almost hearing a faint laugh from him. He looked up and looked in to the smaller one's eyes—so much happiness did he portray. He threw himself to him in a hug, and everything felt real and magical.

Feeling Kai's around him for the first time feels like he had been in it forever, and those feelings exploded inside him. He couldn't help but to feel so over whelmed, Kai hugging him, giving him flowers and chocolate, and finally making an intimate contact with him, he didn't stand a chance to let go. He slowly slid his arms around Kai's waist and locked it, enjoying the moment of them being together.

"Do you have something sweet, hyung? I'm getting quite dizzy."

"Why won't we go down instead?"

"I wanted to see the sun set with you."

Kyungsoo sighs, and agreed to Kai's decision. It will be romantic anyway if they would really watch a sunset together. He grabs something from his pocket, hoping to find something. His finger touched a slippery rectangle, pulling it out was a stick of bubble gum.

He hands it over to Kai and returns his hand on his back to grip on the fence. "Thanks." Said Kai.

"Well, Kyungsoo hyung, what time is your class tonight?"

"Six—" He was about to put on the next set of letters, until the scent from Kai's breath spun up to his nostrils. It was sweet, not surprising for a gum to smell like, but it was something horrifying.

 

Raspberries.

 

'What flavor is that?" Kyungsoo asks in a hurry.

"Uh—raspberry, I guess."

Raspberry!

° ° ° °

"Hey, Kris."

"Yes?" His seatmate answered who was looking out of the plain dark view outside the window. The light inside their room gave a few details of the tall tree in front of them.

"Do you really like raspberry bubble gums?"

"Yeah." He turns to Kyungsoo. "I chew it everyday, do you want some?"

"No."

Kyungsoo stared blankly on his desk. Only a few students attended the English class, and their teacher isn't appearing yet. It wasn't time for class, but they are expecting him to be in the room earlier. Kris was present, sitting comfortably beside him. Now knowing the answer from the question that bothered his mind lately, he got even more scared. It brought him to a conclusion that Kris might be the one who took Luhan's ity away.

° ° ° °

"And that's how Kyungsoo thinks Kris is a possible suspect."

Baekhyun rubs his lower lips with his ring finger, trying to process himself in Luhan's story. "I think that's a fact."

Luhan nods. He looks dismayed and terrified, but his is what he wanted.

"What will you do then?"

"I'll—" Luhan's started glittering, his body was shaking. "I'll hit on him."

Baekhyun couldn't restrain himself from laughing and lets out a loud chuckle.  He was laughing really loud and hard, filling the small student lounge room in his annoying voice. Luhan had his eyes glared at him, his fist clenching in to a punch to his friend's face.

"What's funny?"

"You're pathetic. But—but if that is what you want." He chokes on his words—tears almost falling off of his eyes—still averting himself from laughing.

Luhan rolled his eyes and went out of the room, slamming it shut. He stampers back to the dorm, to stay in with Kyungsoo while Baekhyun tries to put his laughter down.

"Have you told him? What did he say?"

"He laughed." Luhan stammers, embarrassed of what happened in their conversation between Baekhyun and him.

"Well, it's really funny for you to hit on guys. Because you never did so." Kyungsoo pulled him to a seat on the edge of his bed. "But if that is what you want, I'll help you." He beamed at him, patting his shoulders.

"Who is this Kris anyway? What does he looks like?"

"That's the good part." Kyungsoo smiled, something teasing and pleasured stinging out of his lips.

"What good part?"

"You'll see once you meet him."


A/N: Hi guys, before everything else, I suddenly realized I made a lot of spelling mistakes and grammar misplacing in the past chapters, so be sure to remind me if there is some, okay? Thank you! And guys, OMG, THANKS FOR THE 1000+ reeeaaadddsss,  I am so happy rn! Also thank you for subscribing and stuffs. UPVOTE please? :) I'll be updating once a day because I find it hard to write again after updating, but tomorrow and on Sunday is weekends, so I'll try my best to update more and more and more for you to enjoy. Bye! Thanks again, I love you ♥