Inside The Student Lounge

Something Like, Bubblegum

"Sehun hasn't been walking out of the dorm lately, maybe let's invite him for some ice cream?"

Kai and Chanyeol talks in front of the door of their dorm, both juggling their fingers at Sehun's sudden change of action. It has been a day without their clownly dorm mate's positive aura, painting the school walls literally red. It was such a shock for them to see Sehun stoned at the window, looking out at the skies—sometimes smiling, but most of the time he earns no expression.

"Why not let's bring the ice cream to him. Let's hope he'll say something." Chanyeol suggests, wrapping his arm around Kai, the two walking to the school gate to get some ice cream outside.

 

In a personal view, Sehun believes he noticed changes in himself also. He tells himself every minute that he has to go outside and attend a class, to slack off, to sleep or to joke around. He always have to have a complete attendance at the cafeteria to talk with cafeteria lady, or be at the library to make some weird noises near silent readers. He was never been a bright boy, but when he wants to learn, he become earnest and persuading. And that trait comes from an inspiration, from a person he has been looking out for for quite some time now.

He wasn't sure of what he is feeling right now, or what his heart wants to say to his stupid mind. He ws never been a bright boy, but he is still a human of emotions more delicate than anyone else. He remembers when he was a child, he used to be a very bad bully to his school mates, but when he is at home he never experience such joy that he finds on bullying. His mother isn't close to him, and his father is locked up on his work. He might have been living a good life, but he never experience what love was. So that changed him, his hunger for love changed his ways to look on life. He made friends, he made really close connections with each and everyone. His heart was contented, but when it spoke to him one day... it was the time he thought he'd find what he always wanted.

It was the first day of his new school, where he devoted to learn in high school and decided to live in a campus dorm. He made friends as usual, and has been going on well with everything. He was still that stupid boy who never gets along with academics, but he tries his best to anticipate himself in sports and joining the dance club. He found his passion, until everything got busier and busier. He had to attend classes the whole day, preventing him from playing basketball and dancing. But it wasn't a bad point because one day, when his friends forced him to attend one class he met someone, someone that made his heart beat for the first time.

He had a fear to introduce himself, and seeing him every day in Algebra class makes him want to get closer to him. But there were other people around him, and he doesn't want to interfere. Until he got his motivation, moving from another grade to another, he was a hundred percent more flamboyant and noisy making the new Sehun dumber than ever.

He lost the doubt of getting on the way of others, because all he wanted was to have Luhan's attention on him. Trying his best to do on Algebra, and everything that includes the little deer. But last night was a real wake up call for him, where he though that being alone in the student lounge room with the one he admires will be a great opportunity. It is, an opportunity to keep him up in reality.

° ° ° °

An hour already had passed and the both of them still was quiet, only exchanging words when it comes to the math problems. Sehun was having a hard time solving, so he tries his best to keep a question conversation between the both of them. But then he came to the point that he understands what to do, and he had nothing to say to Luhan.

Having the two of them in a small room, with just the noise of the air-conditioner and the wince sound of their full breaths makes Sehun think of the things he shouldn't be minding.

"Luhan hyung." He calls his companion as he continuously scribes on their assignment paper.

"Yes?" Luhan answers, doing the same as Sehun is.

"I want to tell you that I really like you." Sehun confesses out of the blue, but with seriousness in his tone.

Luhan notices how Sehun said it without his usual comedic approach, which makes him shiver. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I am."

He lands a period, even though he wasn't writing a sentence but just a flood of numbers on his paper. "I'm sorry, Sehun."

"Why?"

"I—I just don't have the same feelings as you do." He stops answering, looking at Sehun at his best effort. Sehun, on the other hand, was still answering his problems with no interruption.

Sehun didn't reply, his face was shadowed with his hair, but his hands remained in motion.

"Again, I'm sorry, Sehun."

Sehun slightly raises his head, the light giving a picture of his mouth, which was smiling. "It's okay." He mumbles.

Luhan finds it lighter now that he said his true feelings, and Sehun looks like he was fine with it. The finally finished two pages, and after that Sehun quickly stood up to go out of the student lounge.

He couldn't bear it any longer, four hours of keeping in his emotion was harder than the math problems he was solving.

° ° ° °

"Thanks for staying all night with me. It's good we did two pages in one go." His hyung compromised, placing his right arm on Sehun's shoulders, his eyes looking as tired as possible.

"Thank you too, hyung." He replied, without any added movement, he walked away and waved his hand to Luhan. He quickly faced away, not able to hold his tears anymore and went his way to their dorm.

He didn't want it to end that way, ignoring Luhan and showing fake smiles at him... but hearing those words from him was like a glass shard cutting his heart in to two in the most painful way. He slowly opened their dorm, looking if anyone was awake. It was lucky for him to see Kai and Chanyeol already sleeping in their bunkers, so he made his way to his own.

He threw himself in to it, grasping on his sheet and burying his head on his pillows. He cries silently throughout the night, his heart stopped beating for the first time after a long while. He couldn't believe he was in this situation—even Luhan couldn't appear clearly in his mind.


A/N: I had small tears at my computer desk as I was writing this. This is quite sad. :'(

But then I am happy that I wrote this shortly after releasing Chapter 13. I won't be saying much because I said too much at the last chapter. Thanks for reading ♥