Similar Tastes

A Typical Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The walk home was a silent one, but it wasn't awkward. Yunmi was never one to talk much, and Hoya learnt to be comfortable around her like this. He didn't talk alot, unlike  Sungyeol, and he assumes that this runs in the family. Hoya purposely took a longer way home, a walk through Apgujeong, the shopping district of  Seoul and pointed her to various stationery and bookshops which would be useful to her for school. He needed to get a few more notebooks and pens for school anyway.

They entered a store together and began to pick out some stationery.

"Have you got everything you need?"

Yunmi nodded and took out her wallet, heading to the cashier.

"Keep your wallet, I'm paying this time!" Hoya said, before she could pay the cashier. Yunmi shook her head frantically, but she knew that Hoya wouldn't give in.

As they walked to the cashier together, the door to the stationery shop opened and a boy skipped in while dragging another who was holding a shopping list in his hand. He stopped when he saw the other two people, making the other guy bump into him.

"Sungjong! If you're going to drag me to a place do it safely!"

"Hyung! Hoya-hyung and Yunmi are here too!"

The cousins turned in the direction of the door when they heard their name. Yunmi immediately recognized Sungjong and Sungyeol.

"Hello~" Sungjong greeted them.

"Hi, Sungjong-ah, and Sungyeol," Hoya greeted back as well, and Yunmi just smiled awkwardly.

Sungyeol took a look at the royal purple stuff in Hoya's hands, then at the lavender purple notebooks that Yunmi was holding and looked amused.

"Does liking purple run in the family?"

The cousins took a quick glance at each other’s' items then laughed.

"I guess!" Yunmi replied.

"Are you here to get those extra notebooks and stationery that Ms Kim wanted? I just told Sungjong that I needed to go to the bookstore and he just dragged me here..." Sungyeol sighed, but not really annoyed when he saw the variety of cute notebooks that were available.

"Hoya-hyung brought me here once and I really liked it, so I decided to bring you here as well! It's huge! Besides, I needed to get some stuff too!" Sungjong said, already looking around and almost too excited to start shopping for school supplies.

"Jjong, we're sticking to what's on this list. No overbuying," Sungyeol said seriously to his brother.

"I know, I know, can we go get stuff now?" Sungjong said impatiently.

"Are mathematical compasses expensive?" Sungyeol muttered to Hoya and his eyes widened in realization.

"I forgot about that! Sorry, Yunmi-ah, I'm going to go get something else with Sungyeol first, so you stay here with Sungjong, okay?"

Yunmi nodded and Sungjong cheered.

"See you later hyungs~"

And Sungyeol dragged Hoya to the math section of the store while Yunmi accompanied Sungjong who was choosing his notebooks, asking Yunmi for opinions on every single one of them. It was easy since both of them had similar tastes in design, particularly cute ones, just that their favorite colors were different. Sungjong liked yellow, but Yunmi liked purple, specifically lavender purple.

"Do you like purple? Hoya-hyung really likes purple as well!"

"Hoya-oppa likes the dark shades. I prefer the light and pastel ones! Do you like yellow? You picked out lots of yellow colored stuff," Yunmi asked.

"You're pretty observant," Sungjong chuckled. "Everyone else in class assumes I like pink and give me lots of pink stuff! Pink is Yeol-hyung's favorite color, not mine," he pouted.

Yunmi giggled. Honestly speaking, he does seem like someone who would like pink alot.

"You should speak more often. You have a really nice voice!"

She blushed as she thought about music class earlier that day. "Thanks!"

"You play the violin right?"

Yunmi nodded.

"I'd love to hear you play!"

"Does Sungjong play any instruments then?"

Sungjong was a little taken aback by how she addressed him from a third person point of view. He thought that was really cute.

"Ah, I play the piano~ Maybe we could do a duet sometime~"

Yunmi's eyes sparkled with excitement. "That would be cool!" She loved performing with other people.

"What would be?" A voice jolted them out of their conversation. Sungjong jumped in surprise.

"Hyung! Don't scare me like that!"

"Revenge for earlier, anyway, did you get everything?"

He nodded and showed him the notebooks he picked out. Sungyeol took it from him and walked to the cashier with Hoya, still engaged in a conversation. Yunmi and Sungjong just followed them behind.

While the cashier was scannin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter