Foreshadowing

A Typical Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, seongsaengnim," Sungjong suddenly stopped in the middle of the corridor and bowed.

Yunmi, not really knowing anyone in the school yet, just followed him and bowed as well.

"Hi, Sungjong-ah. Is this the new girl?"

Sungjong nodded.

"Lee Yunmi, right?"

"Ne, seongsaengnim."

"I'm your homeroom teacher, Tablo. I'll see you in class later, but for now, since you already know Sungjong, he'll show you around school. Sungjong-ah, you know where Jaerin sits right? The seat beside her is empty, so let Yunmi have it, okay?"

Sungjong nodded again. 

"Alright, get going! I'll see you guys later!" Tablo waved as he sauntered off.

"Come on, our classroom is a little further up!" Sungjong said enthusiastically as they continued walking. Soon enough, they reached the classroom. Sungjong opened the door tentatively, before taking in a breath and opening it fully. He took a sigh of relief when he realised that there was no one in there yet. He turned to Yunmi and smiled. For a moment, she melted into that heartwarming smile.

"Come in!"

Yunmi entered the classroom and saw Sungjong putting his bag at his seat. She looked around in confusion for a moment, not really knowing what to do. She remembered Tablo saying something about the seat beside someone named Jaerin, but she had no idea where it was.

"If I remember correctly, your seat should be...here!" Sungjong ran towards a table beside the full-length windows. Yunmi followed him and put her backpack on the table, taking in her surroundings from her seat. Sungjong pulled out her chair for her to sit, before pulling out the one beside her and plopping himself on it.

"You're Hoya-hyung's cousin right? You're really pretty!"

Yunmi blushed at Sungjong's sudden comment.. "Thanks," she replied.

Sungjong was about to continue the conversation when the two heard someone sigh as the door was opened and immediately looked up, to see a lethargic looking girl at the entering the classroom with her shoulders slumped. 

"Only half a lonely school year left..." 

She stopped short when she realized that the seat that was usually empty was occupied. Her eyes widened in shock at the two people in front of her and she gasped, either at the fact that there was going to be someone beside her for the rest of the year , or because a member of Infinite was talking to a girl. She caught Sungjong's eye and froze.

"I-I promise I won't tell anyone!" the girl hastily said.

Yunmi looked at her in confusion, while Sungjong just looked shocked at her reaction.

"It's okay, this is your seat right?" he said and moved away from her table.

"Oh um yeah. But if the two of you want to talk more..."

"It's okay, really!" Sungjong said, again. "I have to go settle some things with Tablo-seongsaengnim first, so...I think you should familiarize yourself with your new classmate!"

With that, he left and an awkward silence filled so the classroom.

"A-Are you Jaerin-sshi?" 

The girl looked up in surprise. "Yeah! How do you know?"

"I remember Tablo-seongsaengnim telling me that my seat was beside someone named Jaerin..."

"I see. What's your name?"

"Me? I'm Yunmi. Lee Yunmi. I just transferred here."

"Yunmi huh...Nice name. Oh by the way, sorry for the interruption earlier!"

"It's okay! Why are you apologizing so much anyway?"

At this point, Jaerin hesitated to reply. To tell her about the horrors of the school kingkas, or not?

-

"HYUUUUUUUUNNNNNNG!" Sungjong exclaimed as he ran into a room, where the Infinite members always gathered at.

"What is it, Sungjong-ah?" Sunggyu asked, while looking over some documents.

Sungjong looked around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter