Chapter 13

A Typical Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She returned to her classroom and sat down, processing the information she had been given. Sandeul was missing in action and the test was in less than half an hour. At a complete loss of what to do, she contemplated going to the practice rooms and asking a random talented pianist to help her, but she was just a new girl in the school, probably already blacklisted by most people, who would actually help her?

She could decide to not turn up for the test, but the teachers definitely would not be happy. Grimacing, she decided to explain to the teachers that her accompanist was not present in school and headed for the staff room, ignoring the smirks that some girls sent her way. She had a hunch about what happened to Sandeul, but it wasn't the time to bother about them.

Caught up in her thoughts, she didn't notice someone in front of her and continued walking into him.

"Oh hey! This is the second time you've bumped into me."

She looked up, and saw a rather amused Woohyun looking at her.

"Oops sorry, Woohyun-sunbae!"

"What's wrong? You look very worried. Aren't the music re-tests starting quite soon? Sunggyu is helping out and he just went off to the test venue."

"Um...Something cropped up so I can't do the test today so I'm looking for the teacher...Um I need to go, sorry!"

She was about to run off but Woohyun grabbed her hand and she froze. His expression turned serious, and Yunmi suddenly felt quite intidimated. She had never seen him like this before.

"What happened?"

She had no choice but to answer him. "My accompanist isn't in school today and apparently he broke his arm this morning or something...I'm pretty sure my teacher will understand," she said and tried to smile.

Woohyun relaxed his grip and his expression softened. "I see...Hey, maybe you can ask Sunggyu to do it. He plays the piano quite well."

"I don't really want to trouble anyone so..."

"Mhm...Alright, but still..."

"It's really fine! But thanks for worrying! But I'll be fine!"

"If you say so...Alright, I'll see you around then!"

-----

"What's up, Woohyun? You look kinda mad," Dongwoo asked, leaning back on the couch in their special Infinite room.

"Nah, nothing much. Just that Yunmi's accompanist for the test today broke his arm this morning. Nice coincidence, isn't it?"

"What? But isn't today the final re-test period? Those who don't turn up will get zero right?"

"That's for people who missed the exam last term because they were sick or failed, but since Yunmi only transferred in this term I'm pretty sure she'll be given another chance."

Sungjong and Myungsoo were lazing on the couches as well, and both managed to catch the conversation.

"Hey Jong, why don't you help her? You played pretty well the last time we went over to Hoya's place," Myungsoo called out.

All eyes were on Sungjong now.

He knew he really wanted to do it and felt his cheeks turning red. "Well...Should I?" Sungjong asked hesitantly.

"If you can do it then hurry up and go, Jong! You should be able to find her at the staff office!" Woohyun hurriedly told him. Dongwoo, who was nearer to Sungjong, pushed him off the couch and Sungjong automatically went out.

Dongwoo and Woohyun laughed.

"If Hoya were here he would have disapproved," Woohyun stated.

"If Sungyeol were here he would have approved and dragged Sungjong to Yunmi for him," Dongwoo replied.

They both looked at each other and started laughing again, with Myungsoo just sighing at the side.

-----

"Yunmi!"

Yunmi turned around in surprise, and saw Sungjong jogging up to her.

"Um...Hi?"

"Sandeul isn't here right? I can help you, come on! Let's go or we'll be late!"

"Wait-" Yunmi barely had the time to process what was going on and Sungjong grabbed her hand and dragged her off. "My violin is still in class!"

Sungjong stopped and laughed sheepishly. "Sorry, was kind of excited! Okay let's go to class first then!"

Yunmi still didn't really understand the situation but giggled and went back to class anyway. Just a moment ago, she was panicking and worrying about what she should do and suddenly Sungjong comes and says he'll play the accompaniment for her.

"I'll wait for you outside!"

She went into the class and to her seat, only to find her bag ped and most likely ransacked. She took out the file of music sheets and saw that the ones with the violin part were torn in many pieces and scribbled all over. She immediately put the file down and checked her violin—fortun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter