Accompanist

A Typical Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"No! Didn't we agree to meet at Myungsoo's house?"

Hoya's face flickered with annoyance and looked at Yunmi helplessly. Yunmi only gave him a confused look.

"But-" he tried saying, but was cut off by whoever was on the line.

"You guys are--wait, WHAT?!" Hoya choked on his cereal. He moved the cellphone away from his ear and stared at it in disbelief.

Yunmi heard a faint "Yeah, so you don't have any choice! Why do you make it sound like it's a bad thing anyway?" Judging from the pitch of the voice, she guessed that it was Sungyeol.

 

Hoya didn't bother replying and ended the call, sighing.

 

"Was that Sungyeol-ah? Is he coming over?"

"Ne, umma. He and Myungsoo decided to come over to our place instead because Munsoo is preparing for some make-up exam on Monday and they didn't want to disturb him, but..." he turned to Yunmi, looking unsure.

She quickly swallowed her cereal. "I don't mind, but I was thinking of practicing the violin later, but then I could go to a studio or something instead!"

"No, you can stay here, I think it'll be nice to have some music while we're working on our project," Hoya chuckled. Now that he thought about it, it didn't sound that bad. He was just worried that Sungyeol might wreck something in his house, or cause a disturbance to the neighbors.

"If you don't mind," Yunmi replied.

"So what time are they coming?" Hoya's mom asked.

"Um. Actually. They're already on the way, I think they'll be reaching in about 5-"

The sound of the doorbell reverberated throughout the house, stopping him in mid-sentence.

"-seconds," he sighed.

"I'll go back to my room first!" Yunmi said as she walked to the sink, leaving her bowl there before running up the stairs to her room.

Hoya gave another loud sigh before dragging himself to the door and opening it. He was greeted not only by Sungyeol and Myungsoo, but Sungjong as well.

"If you guys had informed Howon earlier, I would have prepared some snacks!" Hoya's mom said as she ushered them in.

"It's okay, aunty!"

"Come in and have a seat! Or would you like to go up to Howon's room?"

They nodded.

"Alright, I'll leave you guys alone. Don't make any trouble!"

"Ne umma!" Hoya replied as she walked into the kitchen. He turned back to the three who were standing there with a sheepish smile on their faces.

"So why couldn't we meet at your place instead?" he asked, directing the question to Sungyeol.

"Because Daeyeol's exams are coming up too and he's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter