Early Morning Dangers

A Typical Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lee Yunmi stared at herself in the mirror, then sighed. She smoothened out her new uniform, before grabbing her backpack and going downstairs, where her cousin, Hoya was glued to his laptop on the dining table, immersed in watching hip-hop dance clips. She glanced at the clock; there was still some time left before they had to set off for school. Yunmi attempted to sneak back upstairs quietly, but her aunt caught her.                                                                                                                                                                                                      

"Yunmi-ah! Why don't you and Howon go to school earlier today, since both of you are already prepared? And it's the first day for you, so you might need some time to familiarize yourself with the place first."

Hoya immediately jerked at his mother's voice and removed his headphones, while pausing the video and shutting his laptop. Upon hearing her, he slung his bag over his shoulder and walked towards the door, before gesturing at Yunmi to follow her. She managed a small smile and nod at her aunt before following him. Hoya's real name was Howon, but he preferred people calling him Hoya, except for his family. 

"Howon-ah! Take care of her well, okay?"

"Ne, umma," he replied as he shut the door behind the both of them.

"What do you think of Seoul so far?" Hoya asked as he pointed out some places and landmarks that they could see on their way to school.

"It's big. Really big," Yunmi replied, her eyes darting from one building to another, trying to remember the way route that they were taking.

Hoya chuckled. "You'll get used to it soon. I remember getting lost often here, too, when I just moved. It's different, but there isn't much difference since both Busan and Seoul are huge cities!"

Yunmi was about to reply when someone suddenly glomped Hoya's back.

"Lee Sungyeol! Get off me!" Hoya exclaimed in surprise while trying to shake the 180cm tall elementary schoolkid off his back.

"But it's fun being piggy-backed!"

"Get off me! Now!" he emphasized on the 'now'.

Sungyeol jumped off and pouted, while Hoya sighed. He then turned to his right, where Myungsoo was trying to hold in his laughter.

"Myungsoo, you could have helped me pry him off my back, instead of watching from the sidelines."

"Sorry, but the look on your face when he jumped on you was too-" he couldn't finish his sentence as he started laughing.

Yunmi giggled as well, completely agreeing with Myungsoo, although she felt bad for laughing at Hoya. Sungyeol suddenly realized that she was there.

"Oh hi Yunmi! I didn't see you just now!"

"Because you're blind," Hoya muttered while stretching his back.

"I heard that!"

"It was meant to be heard."

Yunmi had met Myungsoo and Sungyeol on the day she moved in with Hoya and they had helped her get familiarized with the place. Sungyeol was a childish person, but that was what made him interesting and funny. He was really tall as well, taller than Hoya whom she thought was extremely tall. Myungsoo was an enigma, usually mysterious and rather quiet, but could still laugh often. He was extremely good-looking, and Yunmi wouldn't be surprised if he had flocks of girls around him in school.

"You're the same age a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter