eyes

windows of your heart

Taeyeon’s POV

I waited patiently for Kyungsoo to drive by. Well, he did say that he will get me. Jessica and Tiffany both left me once my brothers called them saying that they want to go on a double date.

What could he possibly want to tell me?

Could it be that he finally has a girl friend which is why he is so excited on the phone awhile ago? Oh no! That couldn’t be!

Or could it be that he’ll finally confess today? Oh my god! What will I say?!

But, it’s really rather suspicious that he is not answering his phone awhile ago.

Ugh. I am feeling so anxious right now.

“did you wait long?” I jolt upon hearing his voice

“no, I- what happened to your face?!” I shrieked upon seeing a bruise on his face. I rose up from my seat and reached for his face

“aw!” he whimpered

“oh, I’m sorry. What happened? Who did this to you?”

He smiled shyly and held my hand “you don’t need to worry about me Tae. I’ve just had to overcome some hurdles this day” he answered

“but… you’re face… it’s bruised… I really can’t help but get worried”

“if you’re really worried then would you mind applying some first aid on it?” he asked

I smiled widely at him and agreed. We hopped into his car and passed by a pharmacy. For a doctor’s son and a medical student himself Kyungsoo seem to not know how to treat himself in this kind of situation. Well, he doesn’t know what to buy at the pharmacy so I ended up choosing what to buy. It’s odd, right?

He pulled over at a nearby park and we sat on one of the benches where there is bright lighting.

“stay still, okay?” I told him and he just nodded. I gently pressed on his face. He didn’t show even the slightest pain in his face. I can sense that he is thinking of something deep

“what’s the problem? You seem lost in your thoughts” I tried to gain his attention, and he did look at me with his big orbs. Those orbs that I love the most

“nothing, really. I just can’t believe that you’re here with me right now”

“huh?”

“I’m the luckiest man in the world!” I knitted my eyebrows because of his sudden exclamation and he just smiled at me. His heart shaped lips smiled at me.

“I don’t know what has gotten into you and I’m scared to ask. Who knows, it might be a bad spirit. So instead I’ll just ask something else. Who beat the hell out of you?” I asked

“Kim Heechul” he answered simply

“What?!”

Kyungsoo’s POV

“Oppa did this to you?!” she shrieked and stood up from where she was seated.

“Taeng, calm down” I tried to calm her down but my efforts became futile

“Oh my god! No wonder the ‘boy’s out’ statement felt weird. The four of them tested you?!” she shook her head in disbelief. She then took out her iPhone and dialed someone “They are really going overbo-umpf!“

I pulled her close to me and captured her lips briefly to silence her.

She blinked a couple of times after I broke off the kiss with her. I just smiled at her and her eyes grew wider. It seems like she was really surprised.

I held her hand and looked deep into her eyes

She stared back at me

“I love you Kim Taeyeon”

She did not respond. She seems to be still in a state of shock.

“you already know that I am pretty straight forward but these past few days, I’ve been having difficulty in expressing myself especially when I am around you. And I think, it was just appropriate that I haven’t told these things yet because apparently I needed to pass through your brothers first”

“bu-“

“don’t worry, Heenim already gave me a pass”

“let me warn you Kyungsoo ssi, I don’t play fair” he warned me while he tightened his belt “meaning, I won’t only use taekwondo but it’s more like mix martial arts” he added

I gulped down a hard lump of saliva down my throat

“so are you ready Do Kyungsoo?” he asked with a wicked smile plastered on his face

“I’m ready” I said with no hesitation

Heechul raised his eyebrow but then smiled evilly soon after. I know right now he’s really scary. Yes, he indeed is scary and somehow I regret researching about him because I found out that he is a living legend when it comes to strength.

I might be a taekwondo black belter and I might be able to pinpoint ones weak point but I don’t think I can win with just that. Rather than those I think my strongest point right now is my determination to gain their approval in dating Taeyeon.

Yes, I am determined to date Kim Taeyeon. I love her and I am willing to take on whatever challenge his brothers have set for me.

Heechul marched towards me with a deadly aura revolving around him

If looks could kill, I’d be dead by now

I breathed in and noticed how he walked. Somehow, I could notice that he puts much weight on his left foot, so attacking his right would be the approach. I can easily throw him down that way.

Without a warning he quickly threw a punch that landed on my face. I groaned in pain. Damn it hurts.

I received another punch from him and it hit my right chest. But I think that’s enough. Based on those punches, Kim Heechul puts more strength on the left side of his body. His weight was more on his left foot and the punch that landed on my face was with more force and his left knuckles did the damage. So, he is pretty weak on his right side. Kim Heechul is very vulnerable when he punches. His chest is wide open when he does that.

On another note, Kim Heechul is very agile and dexterous. Yes, his chest is open for attack when he punches but there is a few second time frame to do an attack. He probably knows that weakness and tries to pacify it with his agility.

Taeng, I do not wish to hurt your brother. But, if hurting him is what I needed to do so that he would approve of me being with her.

I promise you, Taeng, no matter what happens I will gain Kim Heechul’s approval even if I get bruised, fractured, crippled or whatsoever.

“I like the fire in your eyes there boy… So, tell me what do you like about Taeyeon?” he asked while he swung a punch on me which I blocked

“I don’t think like is the correct word” I corrected him while I continue to block his attacks

“oh really? Than what is the correct word?” he asked cocking his head to the side

I took awhile before I answered

“I think that was an understatement” I answered still blocking his attacks. I could spot more and more opportunities to attack but I still can’t find the perfect one. I need put Heechul down in one attack.

Heechul raised his eyebrow with my statement. He seems to understand what I meant. Well, among the siblings Heechul is thought to be wisest, he could easily understand the situation.

“what are you planning Kyunsoo? If you think depleting my energy would be the best way to defeat me, then I’m sorry Kyungsoo that won’t work on me” he continued to shower me with punches and some kicks which I continually blocked.

Yes, I do notice that Kim Heechul’s energy ain’t going down in the little most bit.

“I already noticed that, but don’t worry I have energy and strength to defeat you” I taunted back. He smirks at me.

He continued to throw me punches until there it is. Finally!

The perfect opportunity!

He threw a punch which I parried. I immediately stepped my right foot forward, bent my knees. I lowered my body, pivoted my left arm bringing my elbow back. Pushing my legs up, I re-pivoted my left arm and brought my fist up. I punched him hard in his chin making him almost fly but I quickly repositioned myself and I judo-throw him.

But, since Kim Heechul is a legendary fighter he quickly recovered from being slammed to the floor. He got up but clearly he was still in pain

“I love your sister named Kim Taeyeon. I love everything about her, even if she’s spoiled by you Heechul hyung I will persevere. And I will overcome whatever comes my way, may it be tall ex’s or overprotective brothers. Please allow me to love your sister” I pleaded bowing and kneeling down to Heechul who was massaging the aching parts of his body.

“you really threw oppa to the floor?!” Taeyeon shrieked after I told her about my match with Heechul. Surprise is evident in her face. I just nodded

“OhMyGod! Then what did he say?” she asked but I just smiled

“I already told you” I answered

“you mean?”

“he’s allowing me to love you” I explained looking at her eyes. Her eyes that always captivate me.

“so, where does that lead?” she asked looking away from me

I got up and stood in front of her. She shot me a questioning look. I got on my knee and held her hand. I kissed her knuckles and gazed on her

“why are you kneeling?” she asked

“you told me before that you wanted me to kneel infront of you, didn’t you?” I answered

“bu-bu-bu-“ I cut her off

“I love you Taeyeon. And if you’ll allow me, I would want to court you and prove to you my sincerity and love. I don’t mind undergoing hardships to gain your love, I’ll persevere and I promise you that”

She smiled at me.

“I love you too Kyungsoo, and you don’t need to court me anymore. You’ve already proven yourself to me and my brothers, there is nothing more to prove”

I shook my head in disagreement to her previous statement. And again she shot me a questioning look, which by all instances I find cute

“what do you mean? Don’t you want me to be your girlfriend?” she asked

“I am happy that you feel the same way Tae. And as much I want to I want you to be my girlfriend, but not right away. I want our love to mature before we get into something serious. I want to undergo all the pains in courting you Kim Taeyeon because I know it will be so damn worth it”

Taeyeon’s POV

Do Kyungsoo?

A man who honors his word to the bones.

Yes, he did court me. It took him 3 months to get my yes, or rather it took him 3 months to ask the question. Well, I didn’t mind the long wait at all. I enjoyed being with him for those months.

I was tormenting him, giving him a hard time that even my brothers started to complain about it and started to side with Kyungsoo. Well, my brothers are in good terms with Kyungsoo. They actually treat him better than they treat me.

I’m also welcomed by Mr. and Mrs. Do. And though they are really busy people they always invite me for dinner at their home once a week. I’ve learned more how to cook under Mrs. Do’s supervision. She calls it our bonding. Kyungsoo started playing the piano again while his dad sings. I have to say his father has a wonderful. It probably runs in the blood.

I felt two reliable arms wrap my waist “Taeng”

I need not to look who it was, I know that voice too well and I can tell just by his touch that it is him. I smiled at his sweet gesture of kissing my cheeks while hugs me from the back.

“do you like the view?” he asked

“yup, I love it” I answered

“I hope he’ll like it too” he remarked

“he will definitely” I answered him while I swirl around to face him.

I was greeted by his warm smile. He shifted his gaze down to my belly.

“3 more months and we’ll finally be able to see you baby. I hope you have your mommy’s eyes” he said while he caressed my protruding belly.

I pouted

“why the pout Mrs. Do?” he asked while his heart shape lips form a beautiful smile

“I want him to have your eyes” I answered back, he raised his eyebrow. “I firmly believe that you have the most beautiful eyes Mr. Do and those eyes attracted me, if you don’t remember” I explained

“I beg to disagree because I don’t feel the same way Do Taeyeon. Your eyes are the most beautiful eyes, not mine. And if you don’t remember, your eyes also did attract me” he argued

I chuckled at our argument and so did he.

Oh, I am Do Taeyeon, M.D. now. I graduated from medical school and took pediatrics as my specialty. I’m on my maternity leave right now. Yeah, I am pregnant, six months. And of course, the father is my husband Do Kyungsoo, M.D.. We are now married for two years and are about to have our first son.

“Oh well,  I am happy whether he’s got my eyes or yours. As long as he makes use of his eyes to show his emotions and sincerity, the eyes after all are the windows of the heart” Kyungsoo smiles and inches closer giving me a sweet passionate kiss before he motions me to enter our new home.

-fin-


thank you everyone for your continued support to this fanfic and now that it has come to an end, i hope i gave it a just ending on your opinion. if i didn't then i am sorry. i also apologize for making all of you wait for long, i am suffering from a writer's block.

once again, thank you very much :D

i hope you'll also support my other fics. God Bless :)