Devil

Face to Face (One shot series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Tiffany x Amber)

 

 

 

 

 

All the long hours of work all paid off when she saw her at the end of the day.

 

 

 

"Hwang baby." She smiled and hugged the younger girl. "Did Detective Liu doa good job today?"

 

"Yes ma'am." The younger girl saluted to her dorkily. She quickly pecked her lips. "Hurry and wash up, dinner is almost ready," She said to her girlfriend.

Amber went to the shower and came back to see the table set up.

 

 

The two were eating in silence when Tiffany asked, "How is it?" 

Amber looked up curiously. "How is what? If you're asking about the food it's making my stomach super happy. It's like a party in there." 

Tiffany felt delighted at the answer but it wasn't was she was looking for. 

 

"Thank you baby," She said with her signature eye smile, "But I meant how is it to be a homicide detective?" The younger girl stopped and pondered at the question.

"Well it's hard work...pretty stressing but once you fit the pieces together that's when you feel all that weight come off your shoulders," She said. Memories she didn't want to remember flooded back to her head.

"But the best feeling is when you find the person who was guilty for everything." She clenched her jaw and continued. "But sometimes you don't find out who they are. When you don't it bothers you daily knowing that they're walking freely on the streets despite what they've done to other people."

 

 

Tiffany was concerned for Amber in front of her. 

 

 

"Baby?" She asked in a worried tone. Amber quickly snapped out of her trance and looked at Tiffany with empty eyes.

 

"Dinner was amazing," She said with a small smile, "I'll do the dishes." She took the empty plates and washed them all cleanly and set them back. 

Tiffany came up and hugged the girl from behind.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter