Memento

Face to Face (One shot series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Krystal x Amber)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She was one of the most important people in my life. I couldn't imagine living without her. 

 

 

"You know I'll never leave your side." These are the words she spoke. They still ring in my head today. I can hear her voice clearly. Everyday I wake up expecting to see her in bed next to me. I always wish that this was just one big dream.

 

But no matter how hard I try to make myself believe...I already know.

 

 

 

------------

 

 

 

"Princess." I smiled as she entered the room. "Baby," I swooned. I lazily draped my arms over her shoulders and kissed her. 

 

 

"Where have you been? I woke up and you weren't here." I pouted. The corners of her lips lifted up into a smile. 

"I went out to talk with your sister," She said, "She's very excited about this. She even had a whole list of wedding halls to do this at." I smiled. 

"I can't wait to be Mrs. Liu." 

 

"I can't wait until I'll be able to call you mine forever." She quickly pecked my lips. "You're going to be the best wife ever. I already know it." I felt my cheeks heating up.

 

 

"You're blushing," She said poking my cheeks. 

 

"W-what? No I'm not." I hid my face in the crook of her neck. "Still the same Soojung I met." I knew she was smiling when she said that.

"You're still the same dork I met," I said. She softly chuckled. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A few months passed and I was offically Mrs. Liu. Our marriage was the best thing ever.

 

 

"Honey," I called. I heard her laugh from inside the small office in our house. I came up behind her and began to massage her shoulders. 

"Look at all this work you have to do," I said, "Must be stressing you out." She stood up and wrapped her arms around my waist. "It'll be worth it," She said smiling, "Since I have you I don't know what stress is. You brighten my world."

 

I blushed at her statement. "S-stop making me blush." 

 

"But it's adorable when you do," She said. I lightly hit her chest. She pecked my lips and hugged me.

 

 

 

"I love you."

"I love you too." I smiled and hugged her tightly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

She was always gone for a long amount of time. I can understand why. Her job requires her to work long and sudden hours but she's happy about it. If she is, I should be too.

Lately she's been looking exhausted whenever she came home. It started to worry me so I decided to talk with her when we were in bed.

 

 

"Why don't you ask for a small break?" I suggested. "I'm fine, really." She flashed a haggard smile. "You're obviously not," I said, "You've been coming home exhausted for the past few days and I'm starting to get worried. What if something bad happens when you're coming home?"

 

She didn't say anything for a few seconds. 

 

 

"Maybe I do need a little break," She said finally, "I'll ask tomorrow." I smiled and kissed her cheek. "We can spend time together." 

She smiled at the idea. 

 

"Let's go on a date," She said, "It's been a while because I'm always gone."

 

 

"I'd love to," I responded with a smile. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Her condition got better over the small break she had. I was happy and she was happy. We were sitting on the couch together. I kept calling her name but she wasn't looking.

 

"Hey." I cupped her cheek. She turned and looked at me with round eyes. "Hey," She said faintly smiling. 

"I called you a bunch of times, did you not hear me?" She looked back at the TV. "Oh, I guess not." 

 

 

"Are you okay?" I asked. She slowly nodded. "I'm just really tired," She said. I gently ruffled her hair. 

"Lay your head in my lap and sleep," I said patting my thighs. She shifted to a laying  position and set her head down. "Ah, your legs are comfortable." I smiled and kissed her forehead.

 

"Sleep baby." Nodding, she slowly drifted off to sleep. "I love you," I whispered as I her hair. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We were out with Sulli, Luna, and Victoria. 

 

 

"Hyung, remember when you and Soojung met?" She looked at her with a blank expression. 

 

 

"Yeah, of course I remember." She put her arm around my shoulders and brought me closer to her. "Why would I ever forget?" I pecked her cheek. 

"Why'd you take so long to answer?" 

 

"I was reminiscing," She said smiling. "Look at you being sweet," Victoria teased. "Aren't I always sweet?" She asked softly. Luna studied her for a minute.

 

"You know, you've gotten a lot quieter and calmer," Luna said. She shrugged. "Well ever since I settled down I've been feeling at ease."

 

"I'm surprised you feel at ease considering the fact that you're a doctor," Sulli said as she sipped the coffee in front of her. "My wife makes me feel calm."

"Aww you two are so made for each other."

 

 

"Well, that's why they got married," Luna said. I smiled at the two bickering. "Soojung?" She whispered into my ear. "What's the matter baby?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter