-Chapter 2-

Melody of your Voice (음성의 멜로디)

Suddenly Mr. Jung arrived.

 

You: MR. JUNG!!!!

Mr. Jung: Oh! You're here. Wae? Something happened?

You: N-nae. Actually, there's a guy a while ago sitting on the couch beside me. Who is he?

Mr. Jung: MWO?! Arasseo. Just stay here, nae?

You: Where are you going? 

Mr. Jung: I just need a moment.


 

Mr. Jung went upstairs. But because of your curiosity, you decided to follow him. You saw Mr. Jung entered the room and opened the door angrily. As Mr. Jung opened the door, you saw the guy that you encountered a while ago. Because Mr. Jung is angry, he didn't noticed that he left the door open so you have a clear vision of them.

 

Mr. Jung: YAH! DAEHYUN! I TOLD YOU DO NOT COME DOWNSTAIRS SPECIALLY WHEN THERE'S A VISITOR.

You: *hiding and listening to their convo* Daehyun? Who is he?

Daehyun: Mianhaeyo Appa....

You: Appa?! Mr. Jung have a son?! But he never introduced him to me and to my parents. Why is he not allowed to talk to others??

Daehyun: I will not do it anymore, appa.


 

You decided to enter the room because of so many questions.

 

You: Mr. Jung, is that your son? 

Mr. Jung: *turned around and saw you* .... *shocked* _____-ssi, what are you doing here?

You: Mr. Jung, it's your son. Why are you treating him like that? And why are you prohibiting him from getting along with others? I thought that you were a good man but you're a nappeun dad to your son.

Mr. Jung: *can't say a word* .... *left the room*

You: *saw Daehyun* gwenchana? 

Daehyun: N-nae. Gomawo for protecting me from my father. But I am sorry for making you shocked a while ago. By the way, I am Jung Daehyun, I'm Mr. Jung's son.

You: Annyeong haseyo, Daehyun-ssi. I am (Y/N), and I am your father's student. *bows*


 

Suddenly your bag fell on the ground. You're about to get your bag but....

 

Daehyun: I will get it for you.

 

Daehyun offered for help but you noticed that he can't find your bag even when it is just in front of you. He finally touched your bag and gave it to you. You also noticed that he is not looking straight to your face. 
 


You: Daehyun-ssi, can I ask you a question?

Daehyun: Hmmm... sure. What is it?

You: Are you .... are you ....

Daehyun: Blind?

You: N-nae~

Daehyun: Yes, I am blind. 

You: Ooohh~ Ok.

Daehyun: It's alright for you? 

You: Of course. My parents told me that even the disabled person should be treated well. And I think that there is nothing wrong with you. 


 

~ Daehyun's POV ~

When I was a kid, an accident happened. While I was playing on a playground with my mom, I accidentally threw the ball from afar. I went to that place and I didn't noticed that it was a road. I nearly got hit by a car but omma protected me. Omma died and I got saved but because I hit my head on a rock, it bled and it cause my blindness. Appa started to hate me and blamed me for what happened. Appa decided not to send me to school but instead a private teacher goes in our house every week days. He doesn't want everyone to know that he has a son because he is mad at me. Since that day, I felt so depressed. I don't what people to see me because I'm afraid that they might also hate me.

But one day, while I was in my room, I heard a beautiful voice from downstairs. So I decided to rang my bell to get appa's attention. Because I want to ask for her name. For the history of my life, I wanted to know who is that girl. I can't see anything but I can see a person's heart through her voice. But appa told me to not ring the bell when there is someone else in our house. The next day, I heard her voice again. As I listen to her precious voice, I really want to know her more. So I decided to go downstairs. When I sat beside her, I felt that my heart flutters. But when she stopped singing, she shouted. It looks like I caused her shock. I wanted her to know my name and ask hers but I heard appa's car in front of the house so I immediately went upstairs. But it looks like he knew about it, so he went to my room and shouted on me. Suddenly that girl protected me from my appa and I am so thankful to her. Because of all the hurting words I received from appa, someone protected me. She understand and accepts me. And I think that I am starting to like her.