-Chapter 11-

Melody of your Voice (음성의 멜로디)

Weeks ago, Daehyun left for America. It was the most droopy part of your life. But what can you do? It is for Daehyun's sake and you have to endure everything for him. It is what love stands for.

 

Before he left, you gave him a bracelet with black beads on it. You decided to buy him an exchange gift. You placed it on Daehyun's right wrist and you can see a smile planted on his lips. Daehyun's next action send shivers down to your spine. He suddenly grabbed your arms and pulled you closer to him. That lead your lips touch his. He wrapped his arms around your waist and your arms resting on his neck. After a moment, he broke the kiss and leaned closer to you. You can see from his actions that he's about to whisper.

 

 

Daehyun: Wait for me, nae? I will make your jaw drop for me. I can't wait to see you.


You: Hahaha! I will wait for you. And I am counting on you.


Daehyun: Just promise me one thing.


You: What is it?


Daehyun: Promise me that when I comeback you will welcome me with warm kisses.


You: HAHAHA! Aigoo~ Roger that!


Those flashbacks made you smile. And that caught your teacher's attention.


Teacher: YAH! (Y/N) you're spacing out again.


You: *shocked* OMO! Mianhaeyo sunsaengnim.


Teacher: If you're planning to do that all day, then get out of my class now!


You: Aniyo, sunsaengnim. Jweseonghamnida. *bows respectfully*


 

The teacher let it pass and forgive you. Then he continued to enlighten the class and proceeded to didactics. Suddenly you felt something hit your head. It caught your attention so you decided to look for it. You saw a crumpled paper on the ground. You immediately get it before the teacher finds out. Secretly, you opened the muss up paper slowly. Then a letter emerged right into your eyes.


" (Y/N)-ssi, what's happening to you? Gwenchanna? Let's take a break together after class, nae?" -YJ


 
You smiled at the thought of someone is concern towards you. A true friend it is. You pokily take a glance to the right direction. Where Youngjae is to be found. He looked back at you. Then you gave him a reassuring smile. Suddenly, you saw Youngjae's expression turned into worried-look face but you just ignored him. You decided to heed your mind and ears to the one who is talking in front.

 

 

~Youngjae's POV~




That gorilla-looking teacher shouted at (Y/N). How dare he talk to her that way! I wanted to stand and defend her. Right now, I know she's having a hard time being far away from his boyfriend. How did I know? Well, Mrs. Yoo is my mother. She accompanied Daehyun and his father to airport. My father is the one who will do Daehyun's operation. I was there when the couple are in the middle of .... kissing. I was astonished enough making me retreat from tagging along with my mother. I am not brisk enough to see them like that. I know they're a couple, two people loving each other. But somehow seeing them together turned my whole fortuitous life into jittery.


 

When I entered this school, I remember the day I accidentally bumped a girl. She fell on the ground and as the one who is responsible for making her tumble, I extended my hand. But as she stands up, I saw her face and I was captivated by her innocent look. She has this soft and calm voice with an angelic attitude. I wasn't like this towards a girl before. Because I was the one being haunted by crazy girls. But this time, somehow, I feel like I need her.



She helped me walk my way to the principal's office and waves goodbye. Atleast I got the chance to know her name. I entered the room and the principal welcomes me. She discussed some rules of the campus and finally assigned my class. Suddenly a thought popped into my mind.

What is that girl's class?


I took the courage to ask the nappeun-gijibae looking principal and asked what class does (Y/N)'s belongs to. Then she asnwered me.....



 

Principal: Oooh~ _____-ssi. How did you know her? Didn't you know she's a great singer?

Youngjae: She's a singer?

Principal: Nae. She performs very well. Not only on stage but also in academics.



This girl is really making me want her more.


Principal: Wae? You wanted to transfer to her class?

Youngjae: Can I, ma'am? I think she can help me adjust. And besides, I feel comfortable towards her.

Principal: Alright Youngjae-ssi. I will transfer you to her class instead.



The time I set foot in front of her class, I saw her kneeling down outside with her hands raised. I entered the room leaving her outside. And as I introduced myself, some girls started shouting and acting cute in front of me. I just moved my head towards the teacher but she's also doing the same. I decided to finish my intro fast and use my charms to ask the teacher a request.



Youngjae: *holding the teacher's hand* Sunsaengnim..~

Teacher: Nae?~

Youngjae: You know how beautiful you are, right?

Teacher: Omo!~ Gomawo~~

Youngjae: There's a girl outside the room, can you please let her in? *gives a wink*

Teacher: Arasseo~



I smiled back to her and proceeded to my seat. Suddenly there are group of girls who went my place, asking for my number, how old am I, where do I live, etc. I really hate girls like them, it annoys me. But a girl catched my attention, the only girl I've been waiting for. Something popped into my mind. A thought of making her my fake girlfriend. I think it's the only way I can get closer to her.


I stood up and immediately grabbed her hand. I ask her a question. A question that I've been wanting to ask her.
"Do you trust me?"
I finally got her answer and she said ... yes. And that's the signal. I shouted to the whole class that she's my girlfriend. I glance at her and as how I describe her face, there's something wrong. For the first record in my life, I felt that I commited a crime. She shrugged my hand and walked out of the room. I decided to follow her. She was furious towards me. I know that I was wrong. I only thought of myself and not her's. I am reflecting on what I have done. But her next words made my heart broke into pieces.

 

She already have a boyfriend.
 

Blues were heard on my voice as I apologize to her. I didn't mean to hurt her. I was at a wrong mind at that time. And I was at the wrong time to hope for her to like me back.


~~~


Now that Daehyun is far from her. I noticed that she's not the jolly girl anymore. I am worried that it might cause her sickness. Overreacting, right? But what can I do? I've been having this one-sided love for months. She took a glance at me and trying to give me a smile. But whatever she does, it turns out into a sad emotion. That made me worried more.