-Chapter 12-

Melody of your Voice (음성의 멜로디)

Classes finally ended, another stale blew your day. The whole day seems crawling. Months passed and you're already longing for Daehyun. Although he's calling you every weekend, you can't help but to wish that he's still beside you. As you are walking, a voice came up from nowhere. You turned to your back and took a sight on someone....it was Youngjae.



YJ: *run to you* Where are you going?

You: I'm going home.

YJ: Can I talk to you?

You: Hmm? Wae?

YJ: Just give me 1 hour to talk to you.

You: *nods* Arasseo.



 

Youngjae took a clasp on your hand as you walk to the chilly streets of Busan. Your hair is being dap by the wind, making your hair cover your face. Youngjae noticed it and emplaced strands of your hair into your left ear. 

 

 

YJ: Don't cover your face ever again.

You: Nae
 

 

What was that? Is Youngjae trying to do something or I'm just being paranoid these days. I know he's my friend but he's being too gentle. Sometimes he's doing something that would make girls faint. And a smile that is worth dying for. But it doesn't change anything, it doesn't change the way I look him as a friend. Nothing's special. And it has to be stop before Daehyun gets back. It would really speak thousands of meaning to him.

 

You: Youngjae-ssi. where are we going? Don't you think it's getting dark outside?

YJ: It's ok, I'll accompany you to your home.

You: You said that we'll just gonna talk but where are we going?

YJ: We're here.


 

Suddenly a familiar cafe halted you from being paranoid. It was Sweet Blends Coffee Shop, you're favorite place. It's been a while since your last visit. You missed the heavenly taste of coffees and the aroma breathing inside the Cafe. Youngjae entered the place with you and took the spot beside the window. Youngjae ordered a hot chocolate and a vanilla macchiato. He really knows how to please a girl. Then he started the conversation.
 

 

YJ: So, how are you?

You: Right now, I'm...

YJ: Lonely?

You: *released a big sigh*

YJ: _____-ssi, I know it's hard to be away from your love one specially you're...boyfriend. But it's really hard for me to see you like this.
So I wanted to give you an advice as a... as a friend.

You: I am so thankful that I have a friend like you.

YJ: And so do I. *sad tone* 

You: *smiles*

YJ: _____-ssi, promise me that after this day, I will see your true smile again. I will see you active on class again. ______ssi, you should
still continue to move your life even without...Daehyun. He'll comeback soon and I bet he doesn't want his leaving to be the reason of forlorn.

You: *in the process of reflecting*

YJ: I just want to help you because I am getting worried.

You: You're right. I must continue living the life I had before for me and for Daehyun. It wouldn't help anything if I just long and think of him everyday.

YJ: Nae, that's it.

You: Gomawo Youngjae-ssi. *smiles*

YJ: N-Nae. Cheon.

You: OMO! I have to go now or else omma will dash me outside the house. By the way, thanks for your treat. *stands up*

YJ: *stands up* Are you sure you can go home by yourself? It's already dark outside. I'll call my driver to drive you home.

You: No need for that. Besides this macchiato and your advice is already enough. I can go home by myself.

YJ: Sure?

You: Nae. 

YJ: Ok, bye.

You: Pai pai!!


 

You waved goodbye and left Youngjae at the cafe. Thinking of his advice, he's right. I can barely see that those people around me is worrying for my actions. It would also affect my studies and I'll be graduating next year, I have to maintain my grades. I should have realized it from the start. I felt sorry for making them worry. I will change for the better so that when Daehyun comes back, I will be set to welcome him with a smile on my face.