-Chapter 15-

Melody of your Voice (음성의 멜로디)

You're waiting for Daehyun impatiently at the lobby. "Why is that guy taking so long?" You decided to call him.

You: *at the phone* Yah! Jung Daehyun! Where exactly on Earth are you?? I'm waiting here for years!!

Daehyun: Who is this?

You: *noticed Daehyun's wretched voice* It's your great manager. I have sent you a message last night. President-nim told me to discuss the rules of the company. Are you on your way?

Daehyun: Jweseonghaeyo, manager-nim. I wasn't able to check my inbox because I went straight to sleep last night. And I didn't feel well. 

You: Wae? Are you ok? *what am I saying*

Daehyun: To be honest, no. I just went to Busan last night and....

You: Mwo?! You went back to Busan?!

Daehyun: Nae. Waeyo?

You: Uh....nothing. So are you going? *changed the topic immediately*

Daehyun: Nae, manager-nim. I will. Just wait for me longer, nae?

You: Mwo?! But I have other....

Daehyun: *end call*

You: Yah! Wait....! Haaiiiiissh!

That brat is too much! I should not tolerate him as his manager. Arriving on time is a must. Didn't he even think of me? I have many things to do. But what do I expect, the word 'concern' is cannot be found on his dictionary. Remember those years that.... uaaaah! (Y/N) get a grip! The good Daehyun is living in the past. What important is.... the present. Well, sorry Daehyun I have to go now. I don't want to loose a job. I'll talk to him face to face on his rehearsals later. 

= Daehyun's POV =

"I feel sorry for my manager. I didn't want her to wait for me. Besides, the guy should be the one waiting. I'll meet her and after that, I'll find (Y/N)."

He took a bath, wore a blue sweatshirt and pants, ate cereals then he stepped out of his apartment unit. He went to the parking lot to get his car and drove to TS Entertainment building. After 15 minutes, he arrived at the building and went to the lobby. He noticed that you're not there anymore. So he asked some staffs regarding about you.

An ahjussi staff is approaching.

"Excuse me, sir. Can I ask where is manager-nim?"

Staff: You're working with our dongsaengie, right? 

"Dongsaengie?"

Staff: Nae, she's our dongsaeng. If you could see, she's the youngest manager here. She's same age as you.

"Jinjjaeyo?" 

I was talking with her formally all these time. I should break the barrier between me and manager-nim. But she's my manager. I should treat her formally after all.

"But why did she entered this job at a young age?"

Staff: I'm not sure. But I heard that she wanted to forget her ex boyfriend so she entered the company. I heard that she really loved that guy but he just forget her.

"Ooooh~ So manager-nim is heart broken. Tsk tsk"

Staff: By the way, she's at the meeting room. She's having a discussion with the board members and other partners for your comeback.

"Aaaah~ Gomawoyo."

Staff: Nae. But the words that came out from my mouth is a secret.

"Nae. I understand."

Staff: I have to go now. *waves goodbye*

After that conversation with the ahjussi staff, an information about manager-nim had arise. It's true, I even noticed that manager-nim is the youngest of all the staffs. But is it true that he entered the company because she's heart broken. Maybe the story is exaggerated. I should not conclude any issues about my manager. It'll just leave me another brain storm. I will wait for manager-nim to come out of the meeting room.

After 1 hour, board members started to went out of the room, manager-nim was the last one to exit. I greeted her but she just looked straight to my eyes, jolt was drawn all over her face


Daehyun: Manager-nim, did the meeting go well?....

You: Yah! Jung Daehyun! We need to talk.

Her serious voice made me wanna call my omma. It's scary and spine-chilling. I immediately followed her. We went to a practice room, just the two of us. 

You: Daehyun-ssi! I guess you know what's our conversation all about, right?

Daehyun: N-nae.

You: It's your responsibility to check updates from the staffs specially your manager. 

Daehyun: But...

You: I know you were tired last night. But you also have other duties. Make sure this won't happen again. 

Daehyun: Nae~ *defeated*

You: So for your punishment..

Daehyun: *shocked* *Omo! There's a punishment?!*

You: You will be rehearsing for the whole day until 10:00 pm.

Daehyun: Mwo?! But...

You: Start rehearsing.

Daehyun: But...

You: *looks at Daehyun straight to his eyes* Now.

Daehyun: Nae.

She's really creepy. It really made me follow her commands. But I sort of like her voice, it seems so.... familiar. I wonder how long the punishment takes. But whatever it is, I should treat her nice. This day should be the day of finding (Y/N) but it ended up taking rehearsals. I should find her as soon as possible. 

= Your POV =

It's been a week since Daehyun started rehearsing for his comeback. He didn't even get a sleep. However it made me worry. Not because I still like him. But because he's the most popular artist in our company. He should maintain his good health. Whenever I visit him at the practice room, I see his hopeless face. And I wonder why he's acting so weak and groggy. 

I am going to the practice room to take a glance on what's going on his rehearsal. I entered the room and saw Daehyun dancing. But as I observe his performance, he stopped dancing and looked at me with annoyance drawn on his face. 


Daehyun: Everyone! Let's take a break for a while. Me and manager-nim needs to talk.

I was a bit nervous on his tone. Then dumbstruck hit me with his next action. He pushed me on the wall and emplaced his hands towards the wall making me hard to escape. I tried to getaway from his eyes but he caught me and that made him angry.

Daehyun: Yah! Manager-nim! Why aren't you looking at me?! I was working her for weeks with no sleep and you didn't care anything. You're my manager, you should be taking care of me! I should by finding my girl now! But I'm still here working all day, all night.

You: *shocked* Mwo? Your girl?

Daehyun: Nae. I should find and talk to her. She's the reason why I went to visit Busan. Her mother was so furious and slapped me. I need to get her back. I want her back!

You: *shocked*

What? He really didn't have an idea that I am the girl. He wants me back? After what I've been through? Is he kidding me? Should I tell him the truth and give him a chance or let it pass for now. But I have to do my job as his manager.

You: Arasseo. You want her back? Then I'll help you find her. 

Daehyun: M-mwo? Jinjja?

You: Just promise me that you will work hard on your comeback.

Daehyun: *his tone changed to beaming* N-nae. I will practice harder. Are you sure that you will help me?

You: Nae. I am sure. *big sigh*

I don't know what I'm doing. I lost track. What will happen next? What if he finds out that the girl he's looking for.... is me.