-Chapter 17-

Melody of your Voice (음성의 멜로디)

-Daehyun's POV-

When I reached the room, I stood outside for 10 seconds to take a deep breath and slowly opened the door. Then I saw manger-nim who had been blithesome with a guy. I've never seen her like that before. It's like she never seemed to be sad or angry. And at that very moment, I was captivated by her smile. I was only looking at her. I didn't care if the guy she's with, is her boyfriend or something. But then, the jiffy had crashed in an instant when manager-nim abruptly stood up and shouted "Daehyun-ssi! What are you doing here?!"

I know she was surprised to see me in the hospital but out of the corner of my eye, I saw that guy a little bit stunned to see me. And from what I've heard, he let out the words "He's back". I wonder if that denotes a hidden message or maybe he's just lucky to see an artist in front of him. I just didn't mind him but for some reason, I am curious. I took the courage to open my mouth and let out words that would make reasonable excuses to manager. But then, I ended up being reprimanded. To be honest, I didn't even know what's going on my mind. I didn't even noticed that I am already at the hospital. All I know is .... I am worried if something happened to manager-nim. She's the only girl popping in my mind. And for that, I feel sorry for (Y/N). It was me who made her lonely but I am stabbing her heart again. I don't know what to do. For some reason, my heart states the word "Manager-nim" but my mind is longing for (Y/N). 


"Daehyun! You're just making the knot worst!"

An inner voice made me step back to reality. It's my responsibility to explain everything to (Y/N). I made a big mistake and I have make it right. 


-Your POV-

I saw Youngjae's face and I know, he's confused. I talked to Daehyun and told him that he needs to stay outside the room first. He granted my wish and that was my chance to talk to Youngjae.

You: Youngjae-ssi, sorry if I hadn't mentioned you that....

YJ: _____-ssi, what's that guy doing here?!

You: Youngjae, calm yourself down. Since he was blind before, he didn't think that I am his ex-girlfriend. All he knew is that I am his manager, that's all. And I have been working with him since day one. 

YJ: But why don't you talk to him and tell him the truth? 

You: I just can't. I am not yet prepared for his explanations.

YJ: But you deserve it. You were sulking and crying for almost half a year. And know that he's back, you should be doing the right thing.

You: I know. But please, respect my decisions first. When the right time comes, I will tell him the truth. But for now, I am still thinking if I can still accept and forgive him. 

YJ: Arraseo. I understand~ But (Y/N) when that day comes, think of yourself too. Think if he can make you happy again. If he won't make you lonely again. And if.... if he's the real one who would really care for you.

You: Nae~ Gomawo Youngjae-ssi. Thank you for being a true friend.

YJ: Yeah~ A friend. *sad tone*

After that conversation, me and Daehyun left the hospital and went back to the company to check for the next schedule. I was riding the car with Daehyun and the company's driver, when Daehyun suddenly broke the silence.

DH: *clears his throat* M-manager-nim, who's that guy in the hospital? Is he your brother? A friend? Or your .... boyfriend?

You: Hmm.... he's very important to me. By the way, why on earth did you brought up that question? Is there something that I don't know? Are you already falling for me? *smirk*

DH: *forced to laugh* W-what are you saying? I-I'm not! And I will never fall for a monster!

You: *secretly smile* Right. You're in a right track. That's our number one rule. Don't you ever fall for me. We're working as partners but not in a real one. I am working because they pay me a lot for you. So I'll say it again.... Don't fall for me.

DH: ....

"That's right Daehyun. I know you're falling for me again. It's pay back time. I'll hurt you just like what you did to me."

You: Oh! By the way, I saw the schedule and you will be performing onstage tomorrow. I think you will be having a duet with Suzy. 

DH: Arasseo. But manager-nim, can I ask you a question?

You: What is it?

DH: How did your friend got in an accident?

You: He was traveling from Busan to Seoul when he got in a car accident.

DH: So he was from Busan too. Is he working here also?

You: No. He's here for my birthday.

DH: Your birthday?!

You: Nae. Today is my day.

DH: Why didn't you tell me?

You: Why would I tell you?

DH: Haish! I didn't had prepared anything since I didn't know that it's your birthday today. So I'll just greet you "Saengil Chukkahaeyo Manager-nim!!!"

You: Hahahaha! Gomawo!

DH: Manager-nim, what's your wish?

You: I wish that Youngjae will recover and I wish that my family is in good health. 

DH: That's all?

You: No. There's one more.

DH: What is it?

You: I wish that, you will find you girl.... soon.