-Chapter 14-

Melody of your Voice (음성의 멜로디)

You went back to work early in the morning. Everyone is greeting you but you just answered them with a weak smile. You've been thinking of him since last night. And you can't figure out a solution to your major problem, on "how to keep yourself away from him." You can't imagine a day and a night working with him. You just can't. You're on your way to your boss' office, you wanted to talk to him to abort the plan. When you reached the office, you saw your boss reading some papers. You took a deep breath and started to calm yourself.

You: Excuse me, boss-nim.

Boss-nim: *looks at you* Hmm?

You: Can I talk to you for a moment?

Boss-nim: Sure, Ms.(Y/N). So what it is all about?

You: Boss-nim, it's about....

"Annyeong Haseyo!"

A voice came out of the blues made your heart beat in a fast pace and made you extremely nervous. Those feels you have felt for the only one person.

You turned to your back slowly and finally saw him. The one who you have supported to leave for America and have the guts to forget you, is smiling like nothing happened. You wanted to slap his face hard and tell him how stupid he was. You can't do anything but to release a big sigh. You looked him from head to toe. And from what you have observed, everything about him..... changed. His black hair turned blonde and he gained muscles from working out. And the main part of his transformation are his irresistible brown eyes. He can finally see.


Boss-nim: Welcome back, Daehyun-ssi.

Daehyun: Kamsahamnida. 

Boss-nim: Are you excited for your comeback?

Daehyun: Nae.

Boss-nim: You will work with your new manager. *pointing you*

Daehyun turned his eyes to you, walk closer and...

"Annyeong haseyo. I am looking forward to work with you. Please take care of me." *smiles*

He reach out his hand to shake it with you as a sign of a first greeting. How incredible? A formal greeting after what he have done?. You didn't took his hand but instead you just came up with a reply...

"Annyeong! So you're finally back. I hope you will do well on your come back"

That's what all your mouth can speak but your mind and heart says a thousand word. You wanted to cry in front of him but it would just give you a weak image.

Daehyun: So, how are you?

You: I'm fine. PERFECTLY fine.

Daehyun: Good to know. I'm really excited to work with you. You're different from my former manager. *smiles*

You: And so do I. 

Daehyun: By the way, I have to go now. I have a very important appointment. Bye!

Huh?! So that's all? He didn't even talk to me appropriately and now he's leaving again?! This guy is really getting on my nerves!! Our relationship didn't even ended with a proper closure. And guess what? He didn't care at all. He really is Jung Stupid Daehyun. 

Boss-nim: By the way, Ms. (Y/N), what's your concern?

You: Hmm?

Boss-nim: I thought you have to say something?

You: Aahhmm. Forget about it. I just entered the wrong office. 

Boss-nim: So you're now called, Manager (Y/N). I chose you to be Daehyun's manager because I trust you a lot and I know you can handle him. Did you know that, you're in the same age with Daehyun? Isn't that a coincidence? 

You: Nae, boss-nim, it's a big crazy coincidence. And yes, I know him ... a lot.

Boss-nim: Please take care of Daehyun. 

You: Nae. *bows your head*

You stepped out of the office and went to the restroom. You've been thinking that it's not bad to be Daehyun's manager. You're planning to take a revenge on him. You will make his life miserable because he made you heart cry. 

"It's pay back time" *evil smirk*

-Daehyun's POV-

Finally... I'm baack! Home sweet home!~ I will finally see my korean fans and (Y/N). She stopped on calling and sending messages to me. I could feel that she's angry because I didn't even bother to send her a message or a call. I definitely have to meet her. To explain everything to her. Years ago, a week after the surgery, I was cast in BN Entertainment. They watched my video when I was singing the song I sang with (Y/N). When I was in abroad, I always sing on my spare time before and after the surgery. I can't even let the day pass without thinking of her. Then this opportunity came into my life. (Y/N) would be happy to see me singing onstage. I made through hard training all because of her. I wanted her to be proud of me. I went through a strict diet and didn't have a time to send messages to her. And now, I'm back, I can finally see her face.

I went first to the entertainment company in Seoul. I saw the CEO and my new manager. I strangely feel nervous in front of her. Shivers roll down my body. Then my heart skip a beat when our eyes locked each other. Why am I having this feels? I only feel this when I was with (Y/N). I didn't even let my heart look for another woman because I was born to love her. But what's happening? I should forget about what I feel towards the new manager. Then I ended pleasantries and mentioned that I have an important meeting. 

I started the engine as I switch the car on. And traveled from Seoul to Busan. While I was driving, I kept of thinking what (Y/N)'s face looks like. It just made me smile and laugh like an idiot when I think of her. I can't wait to pinch her cheeks and kiss her warm lips. Thanks to appa's instructions, I finally arrived in front of her house. I wore a beanie and a glass just to keep the crazy fans away, if they just happen to recognize me. I pushed the door bell button and after a few seconds, a mid-aged lady went out of the house. I think she's (Y/N)'s mother. 


(Y/N)'s omma: Annyeong haseyo! How can I help you?

Daehyun: Annyeong haseyo! Is this (Y/N)'s house?

(Y/N)'s omma: Nae. But if you're looking for her, I'm afraid she's not here.

Daehyun: She's not here? Jinjjaeyo?

(Y/N)'s omma: May I know your name, please?

Daehyun: Omma, you didn't recognize me?

(Y/N)'s omma: ??

Daehyun: Jung Daehyun imnida. 

She seemed to be mad at me and slapped my face. I was shocked by her action.

(Y/N)'s omma: Why did you come back?!

Daehyun: I'm here to see (Y/N).

(Y/N)'s omma: Don't you dare approach my daughter. If she's here, she would be the one to slap you.

Daehyun: Why are so angry?

(Y/N)'s omma: Why? Because you made her life miserable. Did you know how lonely she was when you stopped keeping in touch with her? Did you know how many liters of tears she have shed for you? You didn't know a piece of information. 

I was halted by her words. I hate myself. Why didn't I realize? Why did it ended in a situation like this? I should have went back to her earlier. The only one I was thinking and the only girl I like. Is gone. And I let her let go of my hand. 

No, I should bring her back to me. I will find her. And I will talk to her. Just wait a bit... (Y/N). I'll get you back.