-Chapter 13-

Melody of your Voice (음성의 멜로디)

You have been excelling your studies these past few week. Everything is on the right track. You went back singing and joining different competitions. Suddenly Daehyun stopped keeping in touch with you, months after his surgery. You were so worried that something might happened to him. But to ease those feels, you just paused at the thought that he's still recovering.

Weary days brought to pass when you finally graduated high school and welcomed college. As years passes by, no calls and no messages coming from him. Your world started to fall again. For you, nothing seemed right. You tried to call his father instead but he wasn't also answering. Downcast came in your heart and mind, big time.

What happened to him? Does he gain his sight again? Why isn't he calling anymore? Does he hate me or does he already forget his girlfriend? Those thoughts popped into your mind out of nowhere. Suddenly your grandma entered your room. And when she caressed your shoulder gently, you know that her heart is breaking to see you crying.


Halmoni: _____-ssi, tell me the reason. No matter what it is, I'll help you out. It's better to tell someone that your in deep blues than keeping it inside. 

It just made you cried harder and hugged your grandma. Because you don't know what to do, you lost your track and finally there's someone who is reaching out her hand to help. You halted and calmed yourself from crying and started to talk about the whole story.

You: And that's the story, halmoni. What should I do now?

Then suddenly she came with a straight answer.

Halmoni: Forget him.

You: But, halmoni, he's my first love. It'll be hard for me to.... forget him.

Halmoni: I know. It'll be hard but once you've finally realized what's the best thing to do you will surely have to forget him at the end. *she continues* It's true, first love never dies, I bet you would still remember the times your still with him even you're already married. But as you can see, the person that you are longing for doesn't love you anymore. So what's the point of loving him back?

You pause at the moment. Grandma is right. 

"I may fail, hurt or cry but the best way to smile again is to move on. Maybe the tears I shed for Daehyun is enough for me to forget him. Maybe he's just one true crazy puppet love I had in my fantasy." 

Halmoni went out of the room with an advice. "Think of it carefully"

"Once and for all, I have to erase him in my mind and in my heart, totally. From this day on, Daehyun is only living in the past. He only proved me that nothing lasts forever."

To help you get away from flash backs, you decided to go to Seoul and to work in an entertainment company. At a young age, they gave you the job of an assistant manager of a boy group. 

But it seems like destiny is making fun of you. As you watch the T.V program at night, a news suddenly flashed that made your hear skip it's beat and send shivers down to your spine.


News agent:
The korean hallyu singer, Jung Daehyun is coming back to his hometown. As we get to reminisce his past, Daehyun had his debut in America as a solo artist under BN Entertainment. And after the long wait, he will finally work here permanently. He's expecting to arrive tomorrow. Many korean fans are expecting for his come back.

A moment of silence. And then suddenly....

You: WHAT?!

"All these time, he's already a famous singer abroad. And yet, I didn't know a piece of information?! By the way, what am I thinking?? Everything about the two of you were over a long time ago. Wake up (Y/N)!! Wake yourself up!"

Suddenly your phone rings out of nowhere, making you go back to reality. You saw the caller's name and it was your boss.


You: Yeoboseyo?

Boss-nim: (Y/N)-ssi, did you heard about the news, the one about Jung Daehyun?

You: Yes. -.-" *annoyed voice*

Boss-nim: Good. I would just like to inform you that he's signing a contract in our company and you will be assigned to be his new manager. Goodluck Ms. (Y/N). Treat him well, nae? Bye.

You: Mwo?! Wait!...

You released a loud rant. And the main reason is .... annoyance.

You: Of all the people, why me?! Why on earth it has to be me?!

 

After I traveled from Busan to Seoul, just to forget that guy. He's coming back with no worries drawn all over his face?! And the big thing is, I'LL WORK WITH HIM AS HIS MANAGER?! WHAT A CRAP?!! How would I face him? How should I act towards him? And by the way, why am I getting this feels? I suddenly felt this warmth on my cheeks the time his name was flashed on the T.V. Did I really get over him? Or......... do I still feel the same way before?