Bad Luck?

Crossroad

Taekwoon was on his way home. It was already dark when he waited for his train. He had hoped to stay at his fathers place but his mother ruined it with just one call. This evening had definitely been too short. He hadn't so much fun for a long time as he had today. And he also had made an interesting acquaintance. He didn't felt so alive for a long time as if he was in his proximity.

The music, which boomed from his headphones, couldn't turn his thoughts away from him.
He thought of him all the time: his eyes, his appearance... his beautiful smile.

Taekwoon mopped the thoughts out of his head and got into the train. He found a free seat and sat down.
At the opposite of him there sat a young mother with her daughter and beside sat a old lady.

Taekwoon wondered why his mother wanted him to come home. She didn't told his father a reason. She just said that she wants her son to come home immediately. He had been at his fathers place for at least two hours. That was definitely too short, because Taekwoon hadn't seen him for quite a long time. It annoyed him that he had to get home. But what else should he do? He didn't wanted more fights with his mother. 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                        * * *

 



When he arrived at his home he rang the doorbell but no-one opened the door.
He sighed and fished the front door key out of his trouser pocket and unlocked the door. He froze when he entered the entrance area.
Clothes lay around everywhere on the floor. He suspected nothing good and didn't make the effort to take off his shoes.
He went into the living room and the blow already hit him there: there were empty beer bottles on the ground, empty champagne glasses on the table and a half empty Whiskey bottle stood next to the champagne glasses.

"Mum?" he called.

Taekwoon waited for an answer but it didn't came.

He climbed up the stairs and had a look in the bathroom. His mother was not in there and also not in the study room.
He went to the bedroom, wanted to open the door. He hesitated.

Did he really want to know what was going on in there?

Taekwoon could partly imagine what was going on in his mothers bedroom. He nervously swallowed before he opened the door quietly and carefully.
He regretted it immediately. His mother had a new lover again and they obviously had a lot of fun.

Taekwoon closed the door as quietly and carefully as he did when he opened it and moved some steps back.
He stared at the door. On the one hand he couldn't believe that his mother did it again with a new Lover and on the other hand it was extremely embarrassing for him.

How shall I face her from now on?

He ran to his bedroom.
Taekwoon took his bag from under his bed and started to grab his clothes.
After he packed his clothes he closed the bag and went with it in one hand quietly out of his room and crept down the stairs.
He opened the front door and just wanted to go back to his fathers place when he heard somebody coming down the stairs.

When Taekwoon turned to the noise source, he simply only wanted to go away.
His mother stood in front of him with just a blanket wrapped around her body and she was clearly drunk.

"Taekwoonie... what are you doing here?" she asked.

"Dad said you wanted me to come back home." Taekwoon answered quietly and looked at her obviously confused.

"I can't remember wanting to have you here" the voice of his mother was cool and her words cut like a blade through him.

Her next words hit him really hard.

"You are such an like your father. You also leave me like he did." she made a gesture to the bag in Taekwoons right hand. " off. I don't need you in my life and to be honest, I'd never loved you."

Taekwoon looked at her insensitively even if it hurts inside of him.
She admitted it. He knew that she didn't love him any more but her words were nevertheless aching.

Even if she was drunk, her words were the truth.

Taekwoon said nothing. Not either as the new Lover of his mother came down the stairs and kissed his mother much to passionately.
The sight disgusted him. And this wasn't only because the stranger was completely but because he didn't want to see this misery anymore.
His mother behaved as if she is 18 years old. She has a new lover after the other one.
She behaved like a naive Teenager, not like a mother.

Taekwoon fled from the house. He only wanted one thing at the moment: go back to his father.
He ran along the gloomy streets. The cold night air seemed to calm him but it couldn't distract him from the pain he felt at the moment.
He was caught in his thoughts and wanted to forget the pictures and the words of his mother.

"I want back my old life..." he mumbled and didn't noticed how a tear ran down his cheek.

After some time he arrived at the train station again. He was alone as expected.
Taekwoon looked at the watch: It was already past midnight.

Is dad still awake?

The glaring lights of the train fetched him out of his thoughts and a few moments later he sat in the train.
He leant his forehead against the cold glass and sighed. Raindrops bumped against the window of the train.

20 minutes later he was at the exit of the station and stared into the dark area. It was looking different from earlier.
He forgot to think about the way to his father's place. He was in this town only one time and can't orientate himself yet.
Taekwoon forgot the way to the apartment of his father.

At this time there weren't any people on the streets, who he would ask for the way.
The only persons he can see are some kind of gang members and dealers.
He ran aimlessly through the dark streets of the city.
He will somehow find the apartment of his father. At least he hoped so.
The heavy rain didn't make the situation better. He was completely wet from it.
He hoped to not catch a cold.

"Aish.." he cursed and the wind swept easily through the streets.

He stopped, looked around and admitted to himself: He got lost.
He took his mobile from his trouser pocket and wanted to call his father.
Unfortunately, he didn't have any mobile reception.
He sighed and continued his way through the lanes.

 

 

                                                                                                                        * * *

 


It was senseless. Taekwoon went astray more and more. He had already been away for several hours now.
His body was frozen and he was extremely tired. He found a bank a few meters away from him, which was as wet as himself, next to a lantern.
He went to it and put the bag on the bank before he sat down.

"What should I do..." he mumbled and wanted to take his mobile when he heard a known voice.

"Taekwoon?" the boy put a hand on Taekwoons shoulder.
 
He immediately turned around and looked straight in the others eyes.
Taekwoons heart skipped faster and he was very happy to see him.

"H-Hongbin?"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
__________________________________________________
 
Hey guys!

Thank you for the nice reviews!
It's really motivating me if I read them.

Finally I'm back after a long time!
I'm so sorry but I had many exams and stuff..
I hope you liked the new chapter and I'll try to update more often.