Because my answer is you

Crossroad

"Taekwoon-ah, get up." the male voice ripped the young boy out if his sleep. As he slowly opened his eyes he was met with the sight of his father, who sat on the edge of the bed and smiled at his son.

"Good morning, sleepy-head." his father chuckled and stood up. "You have to get ready we're getting visitors in two hours." he said.

Taekwoon furrowed his eyebrows "Who?" he asked with a raspy voice and slowly sat up in his bed as he rubbed his eyes.

"Hyuk's grand-parents are coming and they want to meet you. They're really curious about you." he answered and opened the curtains to let the sunshine lighten up the room.

Three weeks had passed since Taekwoon moved to his father and he had never been any happier in his life. It all seemed to be so perfect and he and Hyuk started to become good friends. The younger boy was still a bit afraid of Taekwoons cold attitude but he knows that deep inside, Taekwoon was a nice and good guy. Taekwoons life had gotten better in general. His grades slowly went up again, he stopped skipping school and he became more talkative. Thanks to his father, his father's girlfriend and Hyuk who treat him like it had never been any different, as if they always had been together.

"Mhm.. do I have to wear a suit?" Taekwoon asked and stood up to go to his closet.

"I would appreciate it." his father answered "But a button-down shirt and a tie are enough."

Taekwoon nodded and pullet out a black shirt and a black tie.

"I'm so glad to have you here.." his father said and pulled his son into a tight hug. Taekwoon immediately returned it and he couldn't find the words to tell his father how much he had missed having him around and how happy he is to have him back in his life.

"Aww you two are so adorable but I need your help, darling." Jaemi's voice filled the room and both male looked at her.

"I'm coming" Taekwoons father chuckled and let go of his son. "And don't be nervous about the meeting, they're really warm-hearted." he said and left the room.

Taekwoon sat back down on his bed and and let his gaze wander through the room. His father did a really good job. The walls were painted in a warm, light grey and had a crown molding. The curtains were dark azure and the room had a light wooden floor. Taekwoon just loved it.

He picked up his phone from the table beside his bed and typed a quick message to Hongbin. They haven't seen each other for about two and a half weeks and it's almost killing him. He misses him so much but he had to concentrate on the exams, which are coming up next week. Hongbin's parents also haven't allowed Hongbin to leave the house when he had to write exams. The only communication they had was texting and phoning but only when Hongbin had his phone, because his parents had taken it away from him when he had to study. In other words: They barely had any contact.

Now that he thinks about it, Wonshik didn't show up the day he said he would. It kind of confuses Taekwoon but he isn't so sad about it. He was afraid to see Wonshik again. How should he talk to him? How should he treat him? How does Wonshik act in front of Taekwoon? What will he do? What will he say? There are so many questions stuck in his head and he can't answer them himself. He must wait until the day his Ex shows up to be able to find the answers.

Taekwoon slowly pulled on the shirt and the tie and after that he went back to the closet to put on black pants. He looked at himself in the mirror and he had to admit that this look suited him extremely well. Normally he wouldn't compliment his looks but in this moment he just had to. Also his messy hair matched the loo, because it didn't looked like he just woken up but it looked planned as if he wanted his hair to look exactly like that. He decided to do nothing further and went out of his room to ask his parents if he could help them with something.

 

                                                                                                                  

                                                                                                                            * * *

 

 

"Taekwoon, this is Mr. Han and his wife, Mrs. Han." Taekwoons father introduced his son to his step-grand-parents.

Taekwoon formally bowed and greeted the guests.

"Oh, you don't have to bow!" the old lady chuckled and pulled the black haired male into a tight embrace. Taekwoon was a bit surprised but smiled.

After she let go of him she took a closer look and smiled brightly "He's so handsome! Where did you hide him all the time?" she asked.

"You know the story, mother." Jaemi said and the old lady nodded.

"That's right. I'm sorry." she said "So, you're Taekwoon. How old are you?"

"I am 17 but will turn 18 in three days." he answered and secretly was very excited about his birthday.

"And do you go to the same High-school as our Hyukie?"

Taekwoon shook his head "No, I'm going to a different one. But I have a friend who is going to the same school as Hyuk"

"You know him, too Granny. He's talking about Hongbin." Hyuk said and smiled while saying his name.

"Oh I remember! You're often talking about him." she chuckled.

She was right. Hyuk often talked about Hongbin. They were best friends and Hyuk looked up to his Hyung, because he helped him so much during freshman year. Hyuk wasn't that popular in his class and he was always alone in the breaks and during lunch. One day Hongbin came to him during lunch and asked him if he could sit next to him. Of course Hyuk agreed and Hongbin kept him company. Since that day they started to form a strong friendship.

"Isn't he coming today?" Mr. Han asked "He was always so friendly and kind and I'd love to talk to him more about golf."

Taekwoon almost started grinning when Mr. Han mentioned golf. Hongbin had tried to teach Taekwoon how to play golf and it ended in a disaster. Taekwoon accidentally broke a window and let go of his golf club and hit another man. He apologized about a thousand times and he felt so embarrassed yet laughed like he never did before. Taekwoons kind of humor really was one of a kind.

"I don't know we didn't invited him." Jaemi said "But I would have enough food so if you all are okay with it Hyuk can call Hongbin and ask him if he wanted to join us."

No one said anything against the idea of inviting him, too so Hyuk went to his bedroom to call him. Meanwhile Mr. and Mrs. Han took Taekwoon with them to the living room and sat down on the table where the food will be served. They talked to him about his interests and were impressed when he told them that he loved to sing and to play the piano. 

"After lunch you have to play something for us." Mr. Han said smiling and his wife nodded.

"I will." Taekwoon said and smiled back at them.

They both reminded him of his grand-parents, because they were as warm-hearted and kind. He asked himself if they also had a garden with an apple tree but he decided to ask them that a bit later.

"He will join us." Hyuk shouted through the apartment "He will be here in about fifteen minutes."

"Great!" Jaemi shouted from the kitchen.

"It's like he's also a part of the family." Taekwoon's father said as he placed a bowl of salad in the table.

"Maybe he will officially be a member of this family one day" Hongbin's boyfriend thought and smiled warmly while looking towards the white tablecloth.

 

 

                                                                                                                           * * *

 

 

"Hongbin, please, come in." Taekwoon heard Jaemi say and immediately got up from his chair to go and greet his beloved boyfriend.

The brown haired male started to smile brightly the second he saw Taekwoon.

"I need to show you my bedroom" he said and took Hongbin with him.

"Please hurry a bit, the food is ready in a few minutes." Jaemi said and went back to the kitchen.

"I've missed you so much" Hongbin whispered in Taekwoons ear as soon as they were alone in the bedroom.

Taekwoon didn't say anything but replied with a soft kiss on the other males lips. He laid his arms around his neck and deepened the kiss.
He loved being near him. He loved his warmth. His smile. His scent. He loved everything about him. Taekwoon gently bit on the lower lip of Hongbin and growled playfully. Hongbin grinned and looked his boyfriend straight in die eyes. These black, beautiful, cat-like shaped eyes always stole his mind. He always lost himself in them. They give him the feeling of being unique, being protected, being loved.

They jumped apart when someone knocked on the door.

"Come in" Taekwoon said and the door opened.

"Hey Hongbin" Hyuk said and smiled.

"Hi" Hongbin smiled back at him "Thanks for inviting me" he said.

"What do you say about the room? It turned out great, didn't it?" he asked and the brown haired male nodded.

"Yeah, I really like it." Hongbin looked around. His gaze stopped at Taekwoon.

"You've helped my Dad, right?" he asked Hyuk and the younger guy said: "Yup."

"Thank you" Taekwoon smiled at him and Hyuk didn't really knew how to react. He hasn't seen his step-brother smiling at him before.

"Guys! Lunch is ready!" Jaemi shouted from the living-room.

Shortly after they all sat together on the table and started to eat the delicious meal.

 

 

                                                                                                                           * * *

 

 

As he had promised Taekwoon sat down on the piano stool and waited until everyone sat down on the light brown couch.
He thought about singing and playing a song about love and he decided to do so. He wanted to sing a song just for Hongbin and he hoped that his boyfriend will notice that the song he was about to sing was dedicated to him. Shortly after everyone sat down he took a few deep breaths before he hit the first few notes.
His heart were beating so fast he thought it would jump out of his chest any moment. He knew that he was a good singer and he also was really confident of his voice but just the thought about singing in front of other people made him extremely nervous.

"Concentrate Taekwoon, you can do it!"  he thought to himself and took a last deep breath before he started to sing:

 

"You are in every word I say, yeah
You spill out in every word I say, yeah
What do I like to do? What is a normal day for me?
It’s hard for me to answer those typical questions
Because my answer is you

It’s like your voice is in this sweet melody
I know it’s not real but I keep tuning my ear to it
Yeah I know this is foolish imagination
But if I can meet you through this song
I don’t care if my ears rip
If only you can hear it
If only I could feel your eyes, nose, lips and warm breath

You get repeated in every word I say, yeah
My grudge-like love story is you, yeah
What do I love? What do I care about the most?
I really hope she doesn’t ask me
Because my answer is you

Because my answer is you
Because I love only you"

 

The last tones left his lips and soon the room went silent. Taekwoons heart was still beating so fast. He calmly breathed in and out and turned around, stood up and bowed in front of the others "Thank you for listening." he said.

"Wow.." Mrs.Han was the first person who managed to say something. The others were still speechless.

All Hongbin could do was to smile brightly. He looked at Taekwoon with shining eyes. He was so happy and proud of his boyfriend that he couldn't do anything but smile at him.

Mr.Han cleared his throat before he started to talk and got Taekwoons attention. "Have you ever thought about becoming an idol?" he asked the black haired boy "Or a singer? Your voice is very beautiful and warm. In my opinion, and I bet the others think so, too, you would make a really good job."

"Thank you very much. It means a lot to me if people like my singing and I thought about it many times but I'm not sure whether I could deal with the pressure or not." he answered.

Mr. Han nodded. Taekwoon was right. Idols had to deal with a tight schedule and stood under pressure 24/7, plus most companies did not care about the health or the needs of their idols and they did not even get the amount of money they would have deserved. There were many idols out there who were treated like work-machines or slaves. He didn't wanted to live a life, which was controlled by others.

"I'm so proud of you." his father smiled brightly as he looked at his son "You have such a beautiful voice it's unbelievable." he said.

Taekwoon returned the bright smile "Thank you, Dad."

 

 

                                                                                                                           * * *

 

 

After they had talked about the future plans of Taekwoon, Hyuk and Hongbin the three boys went to Hyuk's bedroom to watch a movie together.
Taekwoon sat next to Hongbin and next to Hongbin sat Hyuk. It was so hard for the couple not to cuddle or kiss. They couldn't even concentrate on the movie.
If you would ask Hongbin what the movie was about right after it ended he couldn't tell you and the same goes for his boyfriend. He wanted to kiss Taekwoon so bad, his heartbeat was so fast he thought Hyuk could hear it. But he didn't. The youngest was so into the movie he wouldn't even had noticed when a bomb exploded right next to him.

The black-haired male looked at his boyfriend and then let his gaze trace all over his body. Carefully he entwined his pinky finger with Hongbin's and leaned a bit against him. Hongbin sighed languorous and enjoyed his boyfriends proximity. He wanted to be alone with him. He wanted to lay next to him and play with the hem of his shirt and then kiss him playfully. Taekwoon would slowly roll on top of Hongbin and kiss his neck while he entwined their fingers over the head of the brown haired male. Then he would kiss him passionately until Hongbin couldn't get a grip of a clear thought anymore.

He'd love to do that right now but they couldn't, because Hyuk was there and they didn't wanted him to find out about their relationship yet. One day they'll tell him but at the moment it was too soon. First they had to tell it Taekwoons parents and after they did that they would tell it Hyuk and then Hongbin's parents.

Without noticing, Hongbin bit his lower lip. Taekwoon asked himself what his boyfriend was thinking about but he could imagine what was going on on his mind.
He hoped that the movie would be over soon so he that he could leave the room under some pretext.

Hyuk reached out to take more potato chips but his hand reached into a empty bowl. He sighed annoyed and stood up.

"Don't you want to pause the film?" Taekwoon asked and his voice ripped Hongbin out of his thoughts. He blinked a few times and looked at Hyuk confused.

"It's fine it doesn't take me that long to go to the kitchen and come back." he chuckled and left the room.

"I want to be alone with you." Hongbin whispered in Taekwoon's ear.

The other male turned to his boyfriend and kissed him softly "Me too." he whispered back and kissed him again. 

"I forgot the- what the hell?!"