(Not so) Happy Birthday

Crossroad

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday our beloved Taekwooonnnieeeee! Happy Birthday toooo yoooouuu!" Hakyeon sang loudly through the school's hallway as soon as he spotted Taekwoon.

"Shut up" The black haired male responded but couldn't hide the little smile that formed on his lips. Even though it was embarassing for him when everyone was staring at him and Hakyeon and besides the fact that Hakyeon annoyed Taekwoon from time to time in a positive way, he was thankful that he sang Happy Birthday for him.

Normally Taekwoon didn't celebrate his Birthday. When his father left his mother and him alone, his mother changed and started blaming Taekwoon for everything. Sure, his parents have had a lot of fights and his mother threw dished at his dad but they still made sure that Taekwoon was not in the room or in the house when they fought. They must have forgotten that their son is intelligent and the mess in the house when he came back from school or his friends' place had spoken for itself. Living with his mother has not been easy for the boy but he managed to survive it. Sometimes she was like an angel and very caring but she could turn into his living nightmare in a matter of seconds. That has happened quite often and Taekwoon had prayed for his father to come back and get him. That one day when his father had suddenly stood in the hallway was the biggest gift the boy could have wished for. He was thankful that he was living with his dad, Jaemi and Hyuk, even though he and Hyuk haven't had a smooth start.

When Taekwoon had moved in Hyuk had seemed to be quite jealous that he was not the only son in the flat and he was angry that he had to move into another bedroom. Taekwoon noticed that something was wrong with Hyuk. One day, when his father and Jaemi left to have dinner in a restaurant, he sat down with Hyuk and talked to him. He wanted to know why he avoided Taekwoon or looked at him with a mixture of fear and anger. Hyuk had sighed and talked with Taekwoon about his feelings. It had taken a while until both of them had started to get along.

"Oh my god I am so exited!" Hakyeon said as he handed Taekwoon his gift "Oh, don't open it now. Do it later together with Hongbin" the tanned boy winked at his friend who looked at him with a mixture of surprise and worry. Hakyeon chuckled "It's nothing you need to worry about" he said "You'll like it. Hopefully."

Taekwoon sighed and slowly unwrapped the wrapped thing in his hands. He was not sure if he really wanted to know what it was. He opened the wrapping paper and his expression disappeared completely.

"Are. you. ing. serious." he said in a dead serious voice and Hakyeon bursted out laughing. 

Taekwoon couldn't believe what his friend had bought him as a birthday present. He looked at the tube and the lettering on it read 'Lubricant'. Lubricant is something you need to or better should use when you have ual with another guy so that the bottom won't have too much pain. Girls have it easier, they get wet naturally when they get excited but men don't have that ability.

"We haven't even talked about it yet!" the black haired male hissed at his friend who looked at him surprised.

"You haven't?!" he asked in desbelief "Wow man, you're slow."

"Are you ing serious?! Hakyeon that's non of your business anyway." Taekwoon tried to calm down and put the Lubricant in his bag.

"Taekwoonie, you know that you can always talk to me about it and whenever you have questions, feel free to ask me" he winked again and chuckled.

"Woah, wait." Taekwoon lifted a hand "You already had ... ?" he looked questioning at him.

"You mean ?" Hakyeon asked amused when his friends' cheeks turned slightly pink "You're too cute Taekwoonie" he chuckled "Well, yeah. I have a friend with benefits"

"Taekwoonie is gonna kick your when you call him cute again" he sighed but laughed along with his friend.

"You're talking about yourself in third person? Well, that's a side I haven't seen of you yet, Taekwoon." a voice, familiar and yet so strange interrupted the two boys out of nowhere. The voice of the male sounded like soft purring in Taekwoons ears and his heart immediately froze in it's place. Like the rest of him.

A gentle laugh tore him apart completely. He was too afraid to turn around and the look in Hakyeons eyes confirmed Taekwoons suspicion. He gulped hard and felt like screaming but he couldn't. He was too afraid to turn around. Too afraid of seeing him again. Too afraid of being hurt again. The air that filled Taekwoon's lungs felt like suffocating him slowly with every breath he took.

" off, ." Hakyeon was the first to find his voice. He growled the words more that he spoke them.

The other male raised his eyebrow "Wow, still mad at me, huh?" he asked unimpressed and crossed his arms in front of his chest. "Well, I was actually talking to Taekwoon who seems to have become a statue."

"Get away Wonshik or I'll beat your ing flat !" Hakyeon now yelled what made Taekwoon flinch slightly. He was still in shock.

"Excuse me..." the black haired male whispered and ran out of the building withough looking at anyone.

"Why are you even here, huh?!" after Hakyeon looked after Taekwoon he continued to yell at Wonshik.

"I'm attending school, where's the problem?" he answered in a calm voice "Besides, Taekwoon and I is none of your business" he glared at the tanned boy who sharply breathed in and looked at Wonshik like he would attack him in any second.

"None. of. my. BUSINESS?!" he started screaming and got everyones attention "YOU ING TORE HIS HEART OUT OF HIS CHEST TO BREAK IT, TO STOMP ON IT WITH YOUR DIRTY UGLY FEET JUST TO SEE HIM SUFFER!!! AND THEN YOU BROKE UP WITH HIM EVEN THOUGH HE HAD FORGIVEN YOU FOR ING SOMEONE ELSE AND THEN YOU ING LEFT THE COUNTRY WITHOUT EVEN TELLING HIM AND NOW, NOW YOU'RE BACK AND YOU REALLY THINK THAT HE WANTS TO SEE YOU AND THAT EVERYTHING'S LIKE IT HAD BEEN BACK THEN BEFORE YOU DECIDED TO ACT LIKE A TOTAL BASTARD?!"

Wonshik looked at him expressionless "He still loves me. I know that and he does as well. Besides, Taekwoon knows that I am sorry for what I did and like you said, he had forgiven me my mistake." he said calm. "Now I am back. Now it's the time for a new beginning." he sighed and smiled lightly "I still love him. And I'll get him back no matter what."

Hakyeon didn't know what to say. He was shocked. Angry. Pissed off. And then it happened. Something turned off in his head and he did something he always wanted to do. His hands where clenched fist and shortly after he swung his fist and hit Wonshik in the face with full force.

The light blonde male stumbled back and held his jaw and cheeck. He spit out blood that landed on the floor. His expression went darker and his gaze got cold. But Hakyeons was even colder and more merciless.

"Don't get near him ever again or I'll break every ing single bone in your ing body." he growled and left the hallway in the direction that Taekwoon went.
Every student in the hallway was dead silent. They remembered Wonshik, he had been the bad boy of the High-School for whom many girls had fallen. They also knew that Wonshik would beat everyone up who said a single word right know. The atmosphere was extremely tense. Even the dumbest student was clever enough to shut his mouth right now.

Wonshik wanted to get Taekwoon back and he knew that he will. He still loved his kitten and he wanted to hear him purring his name again. He regretted that he made all the mistakes that hurt Taekwoon in the past but Wonshik changed to the better. He grew up the year he was in the USA and he had learned that Taekwoon was the best thing that had ever come in his life. And now he had lost him. Officially over a year ago but he didn't realized it until today.

He wanted him. He needed Taekwoon. He won't let him slip away again. He couldn't let that happen. No.

Wonshik shook his head and ran in another direction. He knew Taekwoon way too well.

 

 

 

                                                                                                                             * * *

 

 

Meanwhile, Taekwoon was on the roof of the school. He leaned against the reiling and watched the clounds passing by while singing quietly a song he had writtend himself. What he had forgotten: It was the song he and Wonshik had written together when they still had been a couple. He repressed the fact that Wonshik had taken part in writing it. For Taekwoon it was a song that is his.

"I knew that you're up here" Taekwoon winced as the voice suddenly interrupted him.

He turned around and looked in deep brown eyes that were so familiar that it hurt. He then looked to the ground, couldn't stand the loving look in Wonshik's eyes. He bit his lower lip and didn't knew what to say. The feeling in his stomach made it even worse. He was nervous, confused and he felt like he was about to throw up. Taekwoon wanted to get away and tried to get past his ex-boyfriend but he blocked his way and held Taekwoon by the upper-arm.

"Please, Taekwoon" The way he said his name made chills go down his spine. Wonshik's voice sounded caring, even loving and warm yet broken and desperate. "Don't run away I beg you.. I need to talk to you.." his voice got thinner and thinner with every word that passed his smooth lips.

"There's nothing to say anymore. It's over Wonshik." Taekwoon said, his voice shaking, nearly breaking.

The grip around his arm got tighter "Please Taekwoon.. give me a chance to expla-"

"What do you want to explain, Wonshik? That you ed that other guy because you were drunk? That you had beaten me from time to time because of the drugs? That you treated me like I owned you like a ing object?" Taekwoon hissed, his anger was stronger than his fear. He broke free from Wonshik's grip.

"No! I've changed Taekwoon! I'm clean, I haven't had taken drugs since the day I hurt you.. I swear I-"

"Let me guess, you've "changed"?!" Taekwoon spat out these words and the look in his eyes was ice-cold "Oh come on as if you'd change! You don't know what that even means!" he growled.

"Please Taekwoon, hear me out!" Wonshik plead and searched for Taekwoon's gaze but the black haired male didn't give him a single chance to look him in the eyes. He didn't deserve it.

Wonshik sighed and let himself fall to the ground. He gripped his hair and let out a frustrated scream.
"I was an to you, that's true. I know that I made many mistakes, that I've exceeded limits I was never allowed to exceed in any way. I was an ignorant and egoistic bastard that had just thought about himself, his carreer. I thought the way I treated you was the right way I mean.. you know that my father himself was an abusive .. I've never learned how to treat a partner the right way.. I've always thought that what my father did to my mother.. and... even to me.. was the right way. I'm afraid of losing you completely Taekwoon. You are the first and last person that made me feel the way I do when I look at your beautiful face, in your beautiful yet dark eyes. I am deeply sorry for everything I did to you. I am sorry for every pill I've taken, for every slap I gave you, for every shout. I am deeply sorry for every sip of alcohol I've taken and I am deeply sorry for hurting the most precious person on this planet.. Jung Taekwoon."

Taekwoon stood in front of Wonshik, who was still sitting on the ground with teary eyes. His voice had shaken as he spoke the words that made Taekwoons tears running down his cheeks. He was deeply hurt by Wonshik. He was angry not just at Wonshik but also himself, because he had let all that happen. He didn't protected himself in fear of losing Wonshik. In the end, he did.

"Please... look at me..." Wonshik stood back up, his voice was a thin whisper.

Taekwoon breathed in shakily as he raised his gaze. He paused before looking in Wonshiks eyes. What he saw hit him like a truck. For the first time he could see real emotions in the eyes of the blonde. A small smile appeared on the blondes lips as he wiped away Taekwoon's tears.

"Don't cry Taekwoon-ah" his voice was so full of emotions, it tore the black haired male apart on the inside.

"Wonshik.." he bit his lower lip "I don't know if I can forgive you for what you did" he said, his voice barely audible but Wonshik had understood them all and nodded.

"And that's totally understandable" he responded and carassed Taekwoon's cheek with his hand.

Taekwoon turned his head so that Wonshik's hand would no longer be on his cheek "Wonshik, don't do it.. please.." he said.

"Too fast?" the blonde asked carefully.

Taekwoon shook his head "That's not it.. I'm in a relationship with someone.."

Wonshik froze in his place. All he could do was staring at Taekwoon in disbelief. It took a while until he opened his mouth again to speak "...since when?"

"Over a month" Taekwoon answered "And I love him Wonshik, don't ruin it. He means a lot to me and I mean a lot to him."

Wonshik nodded slowly "I.. I understand.." he said "I guess there's no chance that you and I... could actually become a we again, huh?" he laughed bitterly "I am such an idiot.. thinking that someone like you would still be single.." in a fast movement he had given the wall next to him a hard punch that made the skin on his knuckles lightly break. "Is there a chance.. that we could become friends then? I need you in my life Taekwoon.. I've realized it.. I need you.."

Taekwoon needed a moment to sort his thoughts before he slowly nodded "I think that'd be okay.. but I still need time to forgive you Wonshik.. you have no idea how much you've hurt me in the past"

Wonshik nodded and pulled Taekwoon in a tight hug "Thank you so much I promise you that I won't hurt you ever again" he said and hugged him tighter. His heart was beating so fast he was sure that the other male could hear its sound.

What Wonshik didn't know, his heart was not the only one that skipped a beat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________

Sorry for not Updating. Sorry (not sorry) for WonTaek. Sorry for this crappy chapter. Sorry for not including Hongbin here, he's coming in the next Chapter.
Plus more WonTaek, more like their past.

 

Well, I hope you liked the chapter.

<3