March- April Fools Came Early

The Accident
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Alright, so I have taken the liberty to guide our little maknae through all the trouble for this month," Chanyeol announced proudly at the next EXO club meeting the following week.

"And who said that you could do so?" Baekhyun piped up, obviously disappointed that he couldn't get to the younger male in need of desperate help first.

"First come, first serve, you baby," he replied sassily, sticking out his tongue at the shorter, blond male that only pouted in the back of the room, always earnestly fighting back a smile that Chanyeol could always force out of him.

"Well, he did get to him first, so I guess we just have to let it be then," Suho sighed, trying to keep order before the imminent explosion of cacophony and halfhearted insults started.

"Yeah, he's right, so ha. to be you dorks. I'm going to get Jongin here in shape better than any of you losers can," Chanyeol teased, throwing an arm around the shorter, younger male, grin glittering and eyes gleaming. Jongin could only muster a faint smile at all the attention, feeling more like he was an object being bid on than someone getting help.

"Psh, how can you get him in line when you're not even in line?" Baekhyun shot back, gaining a few low chuckles from the rest of the boys, including Jongin.

"Watch it, Baek," he warned. "I'm gonna do just fine with him, isn't that right, Jongin?" he asked hopefully. Jongin only snickered, relaxing as the rest of the boys started erupting into chatter and quips about the tension between Baekhyun and his new mentor.

"Respect your elders," Baekhyun growled, eyebrows furrowing where as he looked more like an adorable puppy than an angry boy that was older than the one he was arguing with.

"Says who?" Chanyeol challenged, completely forgetting his real task at hand.

"I'm warning you. Show some respect or you will get punished," Baekhyun reprimanded, waving his finger in the air for emphasis as he failed at seeming to be stern.

"For goodness sake, will you guys just drop it and go in the bathroom already. We have a real problem," Sehun groaned, his irritation growing as he saw through Baekhyun's false wall of authority and vexation at the younger giant. Both Baekhyun's and Chanyeol's mouths flew open at the brazen remark as tinges of bright red painted both of their faces. Jongin looked up, confused.

"Oh, don't worry about those two. That's the best way to shut them both up if you have to know. Everyone here knows that they have a thing with each other. They just hate to admit it," Kris sighed, getting p from his chair and coming over to pat Jongin on the back.

"No we don't!" the two victims yelled back in unison.

"See, what did I tell you? Anyhow, I don't think this petty little game will get in the way of his helping you, will it, Chanyeol?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at the happy virus. The other shook his head adamantly, puffing out his chest in an adorable fashion in order to show his determination.

"Finally," Chen moaned, glad that the situation was finally progressing. Baekhyun only whipped his head back to glare at him halfheartedly. The troll only shrugged nonchalantly, sticking his tongue out at the other.

"Anyway, so, Jongin, I have the perfect plan for you this month," Chanyeol piped up, desperate to change the subject.

"Really?" he asked expectantly.

"Of course, let's go outside and I'll tell you," he offered, leading the other outside amidst the chatter that had arisen in the crowd.

"Okay, so what is it that you are going to help me with, Mr. Byun?" Jongin quipped as he leaned against the doorway, not at all feeling obligated to address his older friend formally.

"Excuse me?" Chanyeol sputtered, taken aback at his intrepidity.

"Well, don't you have a thing with Baekhyun? Don't act like you don't. I don't know much about this country, but I can tell when someone likes another," he sighed, raising an eyebrow.

"You little punk, you're actually pretty observant. Good job," he admitted, patting Jongin on the shoulder, glad that Jongin was no longer nervous in his presence. "Anyway, this isn't so much about me as it is about you. You wanna know how I got through to that little twit in there?"

"Hmm?" he hummed, curious as to exactly how Chanyeol could create a miracle like that.

"I was funny and I was optimistic and myself. Others love a positive attitude and a funny guy," he answered honestly, scratching the back of his head as he smiled humbly. "It's simple, really. Just show her your fun side. Show her that you can make her laugh and smile and tease and everything. Sometimes, life really is like a chick flick because girls absolutely adore those types of guys. That's all you've got to do," he elaborated as Jongin leaned against the doorframe, absorbing all the knowledge the giant had to relay.

"But, how do I do that? I mean, I'm not necessarily funny," he confessed, averting his eyes from the taller boy's warm smile.

"Well, you don't have to be funny, I guess. Just be sweet and outgoing. You seem like that type of guy, shy as you seem now. Ah, do you play guitar?"

"No," Jongin sighed, disappointed and not seeing how this month would fare for him.

"Perfect!" Chanyeol boomed, clapping his hands together.

"What do you mean? That doesn't sound very good."

"Well, you don't have to know how to play to make her feel special. Just the thought of trying would melt her heart, plus, she's probably giggle as you try to play, which is always a plus. The easiest way to anyone's heart is to make them smile," he explained.

"So, what do I do?"

"Simple, just be outgoing and, one day, just tell me when, I'll let you borrow my old guitar and you can play her a song. Like a cheesey midnight serenade or something."

"Does it really have to be at midnight?" he asked, concerned, knowing that his mother would not let him out at such a late time of night if that were the case.

"Of course not, but it's much more romantic and cute when it's done at night. I remember I did that once to Baekhyun. First, he threw an old children's book at me for waking him and then he finally just accepted it and loved it all the way," he sighed reminiscently.

"Are you sure this will work?"

"Of course it will. You have to believe that it will. There is never a problem unless you make one for yourself. Just remember two things: The problem is not the problem but your attitude about the problem and always smile, no matter how hard it gets. You'll do just fine, champ," the giant assured his with a friendly smile and a cheerful hug just as the bell shrilled. "So promise me that you'll give it your best and that you won't let anything get you down. When you're happy, she'll be happy too if she's even worth your time. You have to show the world that you're ready for it and then it’ll open up to you, just like I'm sure she will." Jongin nodded cheerfully, feeling yet another weight, the weight of self-consciousness lift from his shoulders at Chanyeol's inspiring words. He knew that he was right and, that if he were to finally capture your heart, he would have to compromise with his own, letting in only joy and expelling all doubt, even when he was sure he would make a fool of himself playing the guitar for you. "Good, now, go get her and get to class," he ordered politely just as you walked through the hall, spotting and jogging over to Jongin who smiled back at you as you approached, his grin transforming from the shy one he had first shot your way a few months ago to one b with mirth. "By the way, is that her?" he whispered as he opened the door to the club to get his materials. He nodded as you were but a few steps away from them. "No wonder you're trying so hard," he smirked playfully.

"Well, you just keep your Baekhyun. She's mine," he growled playfully, causing Chanyeol to throw up his hands as if he were a criminal just being caught before making his way back into the classroom, shaking his head jokingly at the funny little maknae.

"Hey, so who was he?" you asked cheerfully as you finally made it to Jongin.

"Ah, his name is Chanyeol. He's an idiot, but he's so nice," Jongin sighed contentedly as he grabbed for your hand.

"Uh, what are you doing?" you asked curiously as you scuttled in front of him, not wanting to make things awkward.

"Just trying to hold your hand. Can't I do that much?" he asked, walking briskly behind you to keep up.

"Jongin, what did I tell you about just being friends?" you sighed as you clasped your books to your chest.

"Well, friends can hold hands, right? Can I do it now?" he asked, sounding as if he were pleading although you didn't turn around as you made your way through the campus to match his expressions to his tone.

"No, Jongin, let's just get you to class," you stated blandly, mentally cursing yourself for not giving in although you wanted nothing more than the electrifying skin on skin contact.

"What about now?" he asked as you felt two long arms snake around your waist, stopping you in the middle of the passing crowd.

"What are you doing? The others are staring," you croaked as your cheeks burned red as the others passed by you, eyes glued to you and Jongin. "I'm a little embarrassed," you admitted as Jongin began to peck at your smooth neck with his plump lips, whispering sweet words into your ear.

"Don't worry. Let them stare. Sometimes, you just have to forget the others and make a fool of yourself for what you want. That's what I'm doing now. So, now, would you rather have me continue doing this or do you just want to hold hands?" he whispered cutely into your ear, nibbling slightly at your thin lobe, making you shudder at the contact.

"Okay, okay, we can hold hands," you relented, shoulders drooping as you felt him smirk against your neck and release you from his grip, only to hold tightly onto your hand.

"Geez, you're a little punk" you growled as he interlaced your fingers as you walked to the next class.

"And you love it on oh so many levels," he retorted.

"You're such an adorable idiot," you sighed, rolling your eyes as you walked him to the door of his next class, ready to depart, noticing that he was still holding your hand, though it felt so natural, as if the spaces between your fingers were fitted for his own.

"Keyword, adorable. You really think I'm cute?" he asked as light pink rose to his round cheeks,

"Maybe, but you won't be adorable if I'm late for my class," you reminded him, knowing you only had two minutes to get to your own destination.

"I'm sorry. Hug?" he asked cutely, letting go of your hand and outstretching his arms. You couldn't find it in yourself to resist and quickly gave him a hug, only to have him grab you into a tighter hug.

"What are you doing? I still have to get to class, remember?" you reminded him.

"Ah, sorry, sorry. I just really like it when we're like this," he muttered quietly. "Can I see you later?"

"No, sorry, Jongin. I'm tied up all week. Maybe we can hang out next week," you replied sweetly as you tried to wriggle your way out of his grip. You pulled away just in time to see his face drop into deep disappointment.

"Oh," he replied sadly.

"Don't worry, we can walk home at least," you perked up as you inched away from him, honestly not wanting to be late. His eyes lit u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter