Or Not (August cont.)

The Accident
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“O, thank god you’re here,” you huffed as you shuffled to Jongin’s car as soon as he pulled up to park, the window down. You had been waiting outside in the refreshing autumn air with a wailing baby, hoping that no one would see you and think you were kidnapping him. You had no idea why Finn was being so fickle and obnoxious today, but all you knew was you needed to shut the kid up before you went deaf.

            “Y-yeah, of course. It’s fine. Like I said, anything for you,” he stuttered as you climbed into the backseat to buckle in Finn. “And the kid of course,” he pinned as a hot blush came across his cheeks.

            “Thank you so so much, Jongin. If it’s alright with you, I will sit here in the back with Finn since he doesn’t have a kid’s seat,” you pointed out. You weren’t sure, but you could almost feel the disappointment wash over Jongin as he hummed softly.

            “So Baskin Robins?” he asked after you had finally buckled yourself in.

            “Yes, please. Honestly, though, you have no idea how much this means to me. Thank you so much,” you sighed, relieved as you tried to calm the still sniffling and annoying Finn.

            “Of course, well, here we go,” Jongin hummed halfheartedly as he pulled out. After hitting every red light on the way, at which he would glance in the rear view mirror at you without your noticing, memorizing every curve and every glint in your eye, he broke the silence. “You know, it’s awfully lonely without you up front with me.”

            “O, I know Jongini, but I have to make sure the baby is safe. You understand, right?” you rationalized. He nodded, trying to be the responsible adult that he was trying to come off to be. “But maybe one day, you and I could go on our own somewhere and I don’t care where we go, I’ll sit up front with you for as long as it takes,” you suggested sweetly.

            “Y-you mean it?” he asked hopefully, to which you beamed at his enthusiasm and assured him of your sincerity. Eventually, you rolled up to the Baskin Robins after a cacophony of sniffles and occasional wails from Finn. “Hold on, let me help you,” Jongin offered as he rushed out of the car and opened the back door. You looked up at him when he did open the door, your heart pounding oddly at the sight of him so dedicated to helping you and making your life easier. He glanced at you as he unbuckled Finn’s seatbelt, his hand grazing over your own, sending your mind spinning. He smirked at you as you slowly climbed out of the car and he carried Finn, who, to your surprise, was calmer in the male’s arms.

            “Yup, that proves it. Finn just doesn’t like girls,” you jested as the two of you walked up to the door. “He’s just so much calmer with you,” you added. “How do you do it?”

            “Well, would you believe me if I said I was a big kid, myself?” he chuckled as you opened the door for him, the least you could do for his generosity.

            “Of course, you’re such a dork. You’ve got to be a big kid on the inside. I don’t doubt that for a second,” you agreed, sticking out your tongue.

            “Says the one acting like a five year old,” he smirked as the two of you got in line.

            “If I’m five, that means you’ve got to be two- no older than Finn,” you retorted lightly. He feigned offense as he pulled off the most dramatic gasp you had ever seen, which amused Finn.

            “Well, that means Finn will be my new best friend,” he scoffed playfully, flipping his hair to the side. “At least he’s not a rude adult like you,” he whined.

            “Then does that mean I have to treat you like a kid, too?” you asked sassily, raising an eyebrow. “You know, I can’t fall in love with a kid. That would be ia and that sort of thing is frowned upon in our society,” you reminded him, making him pout before his face immediately lit up in a smile.

            “So that means you are falling in love with me?” he grinned mischievously. “I knew it.”

            “I-I didn’t say that!” you rebutted, averting your gaze from his own confident one that you knew had already seen into your soul.

            “You didn’t have to. I knew it and it’s not even the end of the year, yet,” he reminded you triumphantly.

            “I didn’t say that! Now you’re just getting ahead of yourself,” you pouted, crossing your arms in front of you. “This was a bad idea,” you grumbled to yourself.

            “O, don’t be mad that your true colors are showing. It’s ok to have feelings for me,” he teased. “Plus, don’t act like you weren’t excited to go on this ice cream date with me, kid or not.”

            “Next in line, please,” the cashier greeted you, breaking your train of thought temporarily.

            “O, don’t worry, if I wanted to be alone with you, I would have done it a long time ago. Don’t get too excited, not yet,” you whispered seductively, grazing your lips against his cheek as you strutted ahead of him, leaving him in awe. “Hi there, how are you?” you greeted the cashier, slight smirk on your face as you could only imagine the look of shock on the male behind you’s face.

            “How may I help you?”

            “Yes, can I get a double scoop? One pistachio almond and the other rocky road, please. O, hold on.” “And what do you want, Finnie?” you asked, pinching the baby’s cheeks and ignoring the permanent look of shock and slight arousal on Jongin’s face.

            “Ice Cweem,” Finn cheered, clapping his hands together and smiling brightly. You glanced up at Jongin who could only stare at you, trying to determine his next move.

            “Vanilla?” you asked calmly, to which Finn nodded eagerly.

            “And you, big boy?” you smirked, raising an eyebrow at Jongin, who only bit his lip.

            “I-I’m good,” he stuttered, averting his gaze. You chuckled to yourself as you saw the blush on his cheeks before turning back to the cashier.

            “Sorry about that. I will have a kid’s scoop of vanilla as well. O and for my double scoop, can I have that in a waffle cone? It is free, right?” The cashier nodded.

            “Will that be all?” You hummed. “That will be seven thirty-five, please.”

            “I can buy it,” Jongin piped up shyly.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter