Chapter 8

Reunited (A YeSung Love Story)

“Don’t sit next to me. Sit somewhere else.” I swallowed hard as she said those words. I really had lost my friend. It’s all my fault! “Miss Cho!” I span around to see the teacher. “You should sit next to Ye Sung and help him today.” I nodded. “Looks like it’s your lucky day.” Jen mumbled sarcastically. What should I do!? I did what my instincts told me to do…Help Ye Sung.

All day I couldn’t concentrate. I couldn’t even begin to imagine the hard time I was going to have making up with Jenny. Or anyone else for that matter. Nobody had talked to me all day! Did everyone hate me? And even worse I didn’t know what was being said about me. That always made me feel troubled. When you know people are talking behind you back but you don’t know what about! It’s frustrating! And sometimes…worrying…

 

 

When the lunch bell rang I snapped out of my day-long day dream and stood up to collect my things. “You ok?” Ye Sung asked remaining seated. “You don’t look so good. And you don’t seem yourself either.” “I’m fine.” I mumbled quickly not wanting the conversation to go any further. But knowing Ye Sung he wouldn’t just let this go. We walked into the canteen and Ye Sung was still watching me suspiciously. “You know you can always trust me, right?” I looked at him. “I know.” I replied bluntly and sat down. “I mean, It’s not as if I’m going to tell anyone. I can’t after all, can I?” He continued sitting down with me. “I know. But I have nothing to tell!” It was clear Ye Sung could sense the anger in my voice so he left it there. And would probably bring it up again when I was in a better mood. “Where’s the bathroom?” Ye Sung asked me after a couple minutes of silence. “Oh. It’s over there.” I said pointing at a door far away, over the other side of the lunch hall. “Ok. Thanks.” He replied before getting up and walking over there. It made me feel lonely when he was gone. But it was uncomfortable when he was here! My brain was all over the place at the moment!

 

 

“Hey!” I looked up to see Jen and one of the other girls hovering over me. “What the hell is wrong with you!?” I bit my lip not knowing what to say or do next. “Stupid ! Get outside now! We can sort this out properly!” I shook my head thinking of all the horrible things they could do to me if they got me alone. “Awww come on.” Jen said pouting as if I were spoiling her little game. Then, the other girl grabbed my arm and pulled me up out of my seat. They dragged me towards the door and no matter how much I struggled I couldn’t get free. When the got me outside I was thrown to the floor. “You think just cuz that pretty boyfriend of yours has come back that you can ditch the rest of us!? Your friends! Or rather…we WERE your friends. Though, I’m not so sure about it now.”