Chapter 12

Reunited (A YeSung Love Story)

I felt sick. Me and Jenny weren’t on talking terms still, obviously. But, I’d decided Ye Sung was a much too precious friend to loose. And he was only doing this because he cared about me. That was clear to see. I respected him for that. We’d not seen each other for so long and suddenly I’m back in his life and he treats me like we’ve never been apart. I’d decided I wasn’t going to call her, but go see her in person. And if I was at her house she wouldn’t be able to attack me or cause too big a scene. Would she? I hoped not. It was around 7pm and I was staring at her front door, building up my courage to ring the bell. Will she be in? She might be out! Or even worse…Aidan might be with her! I started to panic but I’d already, without noticing, pressed the bell and I heard it chime it’s little tune. I bit my lips as I heard someone approach the door. It was obviously too late to run away.

 

I saw a shadow move from inside. Then, the door handle started to turn. I gulped loudly, too loudly, I thought. I glanced down at my feet with worry. As I heard the crack of the front door opening, I bit my lip. “Yes?” a friendly voice asked. I quickly looked up to find Jenny’s mum standing there. “O-Oh Hi!” I stuttered. “Ummm…Is Jenny here?” Her mother nodded and smiled at me. “Why, of course. She’s up In her room doing homework. Just go straight up and see her, sweet heart.” Obviously she hadn’t heard about Jenny and I’s fight. I guess that was good. Less questions to deal with from her. She probably wouldn’t of even let me in anyway if she knew we’d fallen out.

 

I stepped in the house as her mum held the door open for me. She gestured towards the staircase telling me to go up. So, I did. Very slowly. I dreaded getting to the top. I could still see her mother below me. I paused looking at her she asked “Yes?” I hesitated before managing to spit out. “Urrr…is anyone else with her at the moment?” her mother frowned. “Ummm, no. Why?” “Oh! No reason” I laughed. That made me a little more comfortable knowing it would just be us too. The other girls wouldn’t turn her even more against me and Aidan wouldn’t be there to…well…make things awkward! I finally reached the top of the stairs. I knew where I was going. I’d been here a hundred times before! I walked over to her bedroom door and knocked. “Yeah!?” I heard her typical teenage voice call rudely. Fiddling with my thumbs I replied softly. “Jen, I wanna talk.”