Chapter 5: Why did this happen?

Can a Harsh Life Get Better? *Junior Year*

You see a missed call on your phone, and get worried since it's from your mom, so you quickly call her back. You hear her sad voice, and you get even more worried.

"Mom? what's wrong, you sound upset." you say.

"Honey, your dad hasn't come home from work yet..."

"Ah, there must be traffic or something-"

"But he is an hour late, that must be horrible traffic.."

"I can't think of anything else...I'm coming home right now, I'll run." 

"No, just take the bus, it's faster, No?"

"Its not, Dont worry about me.."

"Bring Natalie with you, to be safe, I don't want you to be by yourself."

"Alright, I love you."

You rush quickly and grab Natalie's hand.

"Aiya, what's wrong?" she says, confused of what's going on.

"I'll tell you when we get to my house! Now RUN!" you say, pulling her hard, since your a better runner than she is.

~

You two get home, and Natalie tells her mom that she's okay, and if she could spend the night, and her mom says...YES!

You are glad that she could sleepover, and you could hang out together. But you are still thinking about your dad and ahh..Kyungsoo.

You explain to Natalie about what your mom said over the phone, and she starts to worry, its been an hour and a half and he hasn't come home.

"Maybe you should call him?" she asks.

"Aiyaa, good idea einstein.." you reply.

You grab your phone, head to your contacts, find his name, and click "Call".

You impatiently wait for his voice, until you hear the machine.

"He didn't answer.." you say. "I'm going to go tell my mom about this..."

You head downstairs swiftly and tell your mom the news..when you hear the door open.

"Dad? why are you late?" you ask, but you notice he doesn't look normal...

"Honey, I might've..took..too many.." he said.

Suddenly your mom barges in.."YOU DRANK, DIDN'T YOU?" she also sheds a few tears.

"SHUT UP YOU...Wh.." he says, looking at you..he points to the stairs.

"You, go upstairs, I'm going to take care of her.."

"DAD! I'm not leaving this room!" you say, disobeying his command.

Suddenly, your dad slapped you...

Your mom gasps, and bursts into tears, yelling at her husband.

You on the other hand, consulted your dad, acting like the slap never took place.

"Dad, I swear if you lay your hand on my face again, your little girl will pack her bags and go."

"WHY DONT YOU DO IT YOU SELFISH BRAT! YOU WERE AN ACCIDENT AND NEVER SHOUD'VE BEEN BORN!" he says with a devilsh laugh afterwards.

You run up the stairs, collapse on your soft bed crying, Natalie is there to comfort you, but you feel hurt inside. All you could do was hug your best friend.

"It's okay, he didn't mean it..You're not a mistake..your an angel...your the best thing that happened to me.." she says, starting to cry, as well.

"Thank you, Natalie, I'm glad your here, because if you weren't I would've ran away and never looked back.." you say.

To comfort you even more, Natalie grabs your laptop and plays your favorite song, My Lady by EXO-K, and you gaze into D.O.'s beautiful eyes.

"Doesn't this cheer you up, Senpai?" Natalie says, hugging you.

"Yes, definately, Thanks" you reply.

~

The next morning you and Natalie sing your favorite songs whilst getting ready, and have some Chocolate Lucky Charms, you and Natalie's favorite cereal. You head for the bus to start a brand new day, and your couldn't wait for recess, lunch, and especially, P.E.

~

A/N:

I'm on a roll today! this chapter has only 600+ words o-o less than usual, maybe because I don't really like writing about sad things ^^.