Key x Amber #1

Amber Oneshots: SM Town Edition

Scenario: Amber and Key set off for vacation in England and play a game on the streets; whoever wins gets hot chocolate. (fluff, comedy maybe xD?) Inspired by SHINee's One Fine Day~


KeyBer: Hot Chocolate

SM Entertainment proposed the idea to shoot a new reality show based on the idols' experiences on vacation in a different country. Amber of f(x) and Key of SHINee ended up choosing the same vacation spot in England. SM thought it would be a good concept of the very likable Amber and outgoing Key to couple together in the series.

"Let's play a game. Whoever can find as many people who know about K-Pop wins,” Amber suggested. Key raised a brow at her childish idea. "The loser has to buy hot chocolate for the winner," Amber quickly added.

Key laughed, "You just want hot chocolate, huh?"

Amber grinned. "Yup," she proudly admitted.

"Sure, I'll play along."

The two scanned the street for any passersby. One camera was assigned to follow them during their game on the streets. Key coolly walked down the street with his hands warmly tucked into his coat pockets. His celebrity aura was definitely radiating off of him. And then there was Amber trying to catch as many peoples' attentions.

“Remember you have to speak English,” Amber reminded him.

Yes, yes, I know,” Key replied in English in a matter-of-fact tone.

“Whoa, nice, your pronunciation has improved a lot,” Amber grinned. Key smiled at her compliment. His studying of the English language was definitely paying off.

Amber looked to the side and spotted her target. “That one!” Amber dashed to her target.  

"Excuse me," Amber fast walked next to a middle aged male.

The male looked over his shoulder to see an excited Amber looking up at him. "Do you need something Miss?"

The male stopped in his tracks and his eyes brightly lit up. "Wait, are you Amber from f(x)?!"

Amber's mouth gaped at his response. "Woot, an international fan! Yes, I'm Amber from the group f(x)."

"Yeah, yeah, I know you! I really like your song...hmm, what's it called? Electric Shock," he rubbed his chin in thought. Amber grinned widely.

"Do you mind taking a picture with me?" He asked, fishing out his phone from his jeans pocket.

"Yeah, of course!" Amber scooted close to him and they shot a picture together.

"Thanks," the man smiled at the picture, "Actually my kids really like K-Pop, so they're going to be jealous when they see this." Amber laughed at his comment.

"Well, I need to head to work."

"Oh, alright. Have a nice day!" Amber waved at him as he walked off.

Amber went back to Key's side who was watching the scene in the background. "He was so chill, I like him. So that’s one point for me, zero for you." Key scoffed, and then went back to looking for someone to approach. He spotted a younger looking woman a few steps to the side of them.

"Have you ever heard of K-Pop?" Key called out to her.

The woman looked stunned at him randomly talking to her. "Maybe. Can you sing me something?"

“Can I what? Sing?”

“Yeah.”

Key opened his mouth to say something, but quickly closed it when he saw Amber giggling next to him.

"My position is not singing. Face, face, I’m visual." Key pointed at his face, making a circle around it with his index finger.

"Oh...okay." The lady turned the corner to end the conversation.

Once Key and Amber were far enough from the lady, Amber immediately broke out in laughter. "Visual, really" She held her stomach, feeling abs forming.

"It makes sense at least." Key patted his cheeks, self acknowledging how fabulous his appearance is.

"Pffft," Amber scoffed, "I'm more fab than you." She flipped her non-existent hair over her shoulder, while putting on a snobby voice.

Key rolled his eyes and shoved Amber's shoulder. "I don't sound like that."

"Suuuure," Amber cooed.

The two continued to walk down the not crowded street. The soft pitter patter of the light rain played as their background music. Though it was only mid-November, England was already at its low temperatures.

"It's freezing!" Amber rubbed her bare hands together for friction.

"Here," Key extended his hand for Amber to take. Amber blinked at his sudden gesture, making no movement to take his hand."Err, no thanks," Amber shyly blushed.

Key pouted, "Why not? My pockets are really warm, see?" Key pulled out his pockets to show Amber the fuzzy insides.

Amber cupped and whispered into Key's ear. "Dude, they might air this."

"So what? We're just friends."

Amber hesitated, glancing over at the camera. The quiet cameraman shrugged his shoulders, not knowing if the production crew would want to air this. She sighed, slowly taking hold of his hand. She averted her eyes in embarrassment. This was the first time they ever held hands. No, that's a lie. They've held hands plenty of times before, but this time it felt different.

The almost empty streets and light rain fall made the atmosphere suffocating for Amber. It was too quiet and they walked with the camera capturing their every move.

After a while she finally wiggled her hand out of Key’s.

“Something wrong?” Key looked almost hurt at her actions.

“I…I,” Amber stammered. She couldn’t answer him truthfully. She was embarrassed of holding his hand in such a romantic way even if they were just friends. And the camera following them made her even more uneasy.

Key pouted, and then took her hand into his again. He naturally intertwined their fingers and shoved their hands into his coat pocket.

“Don’t worry. If they air this I’ll cover for you.”

Amber covered her blushing face with her free hand. “Fine…”

“Come on, I’ll buy you hot chocolate for winning,” Key smiled.

Amber laughed, completely forgetting about their game. “I want really hot chocolate with marshmallows and whip cream please,” she requested.

Key nodded his head, “Anything for you.”


A/N: I'll probably write a sequel to this one too ^^ Enjoy~

(updated: 1-15-14)