Kris x Amber #1

Amber Oneshots: SM Town Edition

Scenario: Amber and Kris share their first kiss during New Years. (romance, fluff)


KrisBer's First Kiss

Amber pranced around SM Entertainment's famous cloud decorated dance studio; making ballerina twirls every other prance. The stereo was blasting a playlist of all of SM artists' releases of 2013. Kris couldn't help but be mesmerized at how peaceful his girlfriend looked playing around by herself. He always saw her doing that. But this was the first time he ever got the chance to acknowledge her about it. All the other times he would just be walking pass the room to go somewhere else or he'd be quickly rushing pass the room to get to a schedule.

It was now almost midnight on New Year’s Eve and Kris had just gotten back from a schedule. He stopped by the SM building to pick up a few belongings he left there. To his luck, Amber was still there doing who knows what.

Kris coughed into his fist, "What are you doing Amber?"

"Oh, yo Kris," Amber continued prancing, not caring if he was mentally judging her. And by the amused look on his face, he was definitely judging her. "I'm just—actually I don't know what I'm doing. I just felt like doing this."

"I see," Kris entered the dance studio, placing his bag on the floor against the wall before taking a seat, his back leaning against the mirror. Amber stopped her movements to take a breather. She took the stereo remote out from a pocket of her sweat pants to lower the volume. She proceeded to take a seat on the floor in front of Kris. Kris noticed how her bangs stuck to her forehead from her hard earned sweat from her "intense" prancing and ballerina twirls. Her hair was back to black, and personally Kris preferred the natural black hair color.

He grabbed his bag and took out a water bottle, offering it to Amber. She gladly took it, "Thanks." She unscrewed the cap, and then chugged down the water. She grinned to herself, satisfied at quenching her thirst. She swiped with her forearm to rub any remaining water droplets before handing the bottle back to Kris.

“Where’d you go? I thought everyone was off tonight,” Amber asked curiously.

“Exo had a last minute concert for today,” Kris simply answered.

“Ohh, you must be tired. Go home and sleep.”

“I’m okay. I’d rather see my girlfriend anyway.”

Amber madly blushed at hearing the word ‘girlfriend.’ She stumbled onto her knees and slapped both of her hands—one on top of the other—over Kris’ mouth to stop him from saying anything further.

“Shhh, what if someone hears you?!” Amber now spoke in a hushed whisper. Kris nonchalantly shrugged his shoulders, while grabbing onto Amber’s wrists with one hand to free his mouth.

“So what?” He tugged her arms toward him, causing her to lose balance and drape over Kris. She was now hovering over him with her hands on his shoulders to keep her from crushing him.

“We’ve been together for almost two months and we barely get to see each other because of all the hectic end of the year schedules,” Kris cutely pouted at her. Amber’s eyes widened at Kris’ unexpected cute expression.  

“What’s this? Mr. Cool Duizhang of Exo is being cute?”

“I am cool, but I can be cute if I want to.” Kris nodded his head as if believing what he said was a fact.

“Sure,” Amber sarcastically agreed to what he said.

Kris soon noticed the situation they were in. Amber was still hovering over him and their bodies were so close. Kris leaned in a bit to kiss her. Amber quickly caught on to what he wanted to do and backed away a bit.

"No way, my precious lips aren't ready," Amber jokingly gasped, while patting Kris’ shoulders. Even though Amber objected the idea, Kris went ahead and scooted closer so that his lips were centimeters from hers.

Amber’s breathing hitched at how close they were. Her instincts told her to pull away, but her body remained still and silently waited for Kris to make the first move. Kris impatiently moved forward and rammed his nose into Amber’s, completely missing her lips.

“Ouch!” Amber tumbled backwards, her hitting the hard wooden floor. She covered her nose from the collision. Kris’ face turned red from his embarrassing mistake.

“We’re so not cool right now,” Amber joked to lighten the awkward atmosphere that fell upon them. Kris chuckled, agreeing that their normal cool selves weren’t present at the moment.

“Can I try again?” Kris asked with a serious tone in voice.

“O-okay,” Amber replied, embarrassed. Though she was nervous, she could tell that Kris was just as nervous. Amber moved closer in front of him. She brought her knees up to her chest and hugged them. Kris was still in his initial criss-crossed seating position.

He slowly leaned in, making sure to tilt his head so their noses won’t collide like the first time. Their lips lightly touched for a brief second before Amber retreated.

“S-sorry!” The unfamiliar touch made Amber even more nervous. Her refusal to watch romance movies with her f(x) members suddenly dawned on her. If she would have watched a few of them then at least she would somewhat of an idea of how people kiss.

“Just relax,” Kris comforted her by placing his hand on her cheek. She exhaled, already starting to relax by his gentle touch. Again, Kris leaned forward, their lips chastely touching before fully pressing his lips onto hers.

The kiss was soft and not rushed. Kris had already decided that he wanted to take things slow with Amber. He didn’t want to push her too much out of her comfort zone too fast.

It took Amber a while, but she slowly started to respond and kiss him back. Though it was clumsy, Kris appreciated Amber’s effort. After a minute, Amber pulled back. She was out of breath from not being sure how to breathe when kissing. She had been holding her breath the whole time.

“That was my first...k-kiss.” Just saying the word made Amber flustered.

“Oh good, it was my first, too.” Kris smirked at her, obviously content at their kiss.

“That was yours, too?” Amber exclaimed, shocked that it was his first time. But deep down she was happy that she was the first person he’s ever kissed.

“Yeah, why do you look so surprised?” He raised a brow.

“It’s just I kind of assumed you’ve dated other people before me,” she shyly admitted.

He laughed, “Nope, you’re the first.”

"Ah, that's right! Let’s watch the live broadcast for the New Years fireworks!” She had completely forgotten her embarrassment from just a few seconds ago.  Kris chuckled at how fast she changed the subject. He slipped his iPad out of his bag and searched for a live broadcast of fireworks.

They had just tuned in just in time. Everyone was already counting down to midnight. Amber counted down to New Years along with audience there at the event. “Three, two, one, Happy New Years!”

Amber gleefully clapped at the fireworks displayed on the tiny screen. She looked like a little kid going to an amusement park for the first time.

“Amber.”

“Yeah?” Amber turned her head to face Kris, but to only be surprised by a peck on the lips.

“No more kissing. I don’t like it,” she hid her face in her hands.

Kris playfully ruffled Amber’s hair. “Don’t lie, you know you liked it.”


A/N: First oneshot is finally complete! I hope it wasn't that bad xD Thank you for all the requests. I will definitely work hard to write them c:

(updated: 1-5-14)